Howard to NY???? Magic dont win a ring, bye bye dwight

Paul1355

All Star
I thought about this...but I think if Melo comes to NY you can pencil it in that Dwight Howard is rockin Purp and Yellow.

and somehow keep Byrants really high contract and Pau Gasol's contract?

NO

If your talking Los Angeles then i suggest a Clippers team in the future when Blake Griffin is amazing, then yea the Clippers is a future spot for Dwight, just imagine that front court.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Isiah Thomas - Pistons, Magic Johnson - Lakers, Clyde Frazier - Knicks, Oscar Robertson - Bucks.

Noteable others who pushed their teams to the Finals: John Stockton, Gary Payton, Jason Kidd, Kevin Johnson.

I think in today's NBA the PG spot is the most important position, because of the pace of the game and the necessity to distribute the ball to so many different players (PFs taking 3 pointers etc.)

20 years ago most team's PGs had to carry the ball over the halfcourt mark and pass it to their big man near the paint.

Clyde Frazier said during preseason that he thinks this is the era of the PG, with so many talented PGs in the league and out of College. He also said that he thinks it is easier to turn a 7 footer into a decent rebounder/shot blocker than turning a shoot first PG into a good playmaker.

I agree with you on STAT and Howard beeing utterly dominant and all, but where do the passes come from? Felton has already trouble playing the pick and roll with Amar'e...

Paul could turn Mozgov into a 15 ppg center over a season with his passing. Look what Kidd did to the Nets in 2002-2005 or Nash in Phoenix. Plus Paul plays defense unlike the guys mentioned above.

the lakers had an all star team with magic...ill give you thomas, but my dude, im 25 years old, you cant say the pg spot is the most important in TODAYS nba and then call the names of hall of famers from 20 years ago to prove a point today. secondly we have hybrid players that pass the ball too, it isnt always the pg. we have a need on the knicks, defense and rebounding....why the hell do we go after paul? felton HAD trouble with the pnr early on. paul is better than felton, but dwight will produce a ring.

p0nder

Starter
stat and Howard wouldn't work because if u remember when stat was in PHO and shaq went there stat was not happy at all with the amount of touches he got...y would he feel any different with Howard?

Shaq and howard play different types of games. Howard isn't a great offensive player and defers a lot. He gets most of his points off his offensive rebounds. STAT would still get plenty of touches on offense, while having the best possible defensive center to cover the gaping hole he leaves in the paint.

And as well Amar'e is a different player now.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Every "potential" FA has his eyes on NY & LA...

Tell us something we don't know. Its proven that an interest in one of the big market teams boost the bottom lines of players contracts... no surprise there

If you want to show us you want NY either take less, or demand and hold steadfast like Melo, get here...

Then I'll believe you.

Other than that, its the same old ploy to use NY

why do people say this? this is new...n-e-w......during the isiah regime, did we hear about top free agents, (future hof players) even uttering the name new york knicks?? this just started when the lebron fiasco began. its not like when kg, ray allen and pierce linked up, people were saying any of them were coming to the knicks. the only other player i can confirm had new york as an REAL option would be joe johnson, and thats expected speculation seeing how dantoni boosted his career and was his old coach.

clumsy

Rotation player
Considering how i don't think Orlando has any chance to win a chip with their squad....especially with Gil's ugly contract, i could see this happening. Also considering Orlando is a boring place to live i could also see that.

Amare might be less happy but that's ok because he can just focus on scoring, Dwight would get all the rebounds.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Shaq and howard play different types of games. Howard isn't a great offensive player and defers a lot. He gets most of his points off his offensive rebounds. STAT would still get plenty of touches on offense, while having the best possible defensive center to cover the gaping hole he leaves in the paint.

And as well Amar'e is a different player now.

and to add to it, shaq was on the decline in his career. i dont know how people make these comparisons not realizing apples and oranges are different fruits.

Shaq daddy in his prime would have took phx to a ring. but 35yr old shaq was meerly a role player in phx.

stat and Howard wouldn't work because if u remember when stat was in PHO and shaq went there stat was not happy at all with the amount of touches he got...y would he feel any different with Howard?

You can't compare the two situations. Shaq ran D'Antoni-esque offense at the age of 35. Dwight is still in his prime and has plenty of gas in the tank to run laps in that system. Him and Amare would be friggin INSANE, Knicks instantly would be the best team in the NBA. Instantly. That's Duncan-Robinson esque, and I may take the Knicks half only b/c the Admiral was in the twilight of his career when Timmah came to town.

Still, as much as I would LOOOOOVE that scenario to happen, Dwight ain't comin to NY. And I would leave Melo at the bus stop without a ticket if it meant getting Dwight and/or CP3.

Toons

is the Bo$$
true, and i don't mean to be insensitive but D. Rob and T.Duncan were the best front court duo in history and got themselves a title out of their work together.

howard and STAT would be better together then those two and the numbers they would generate would be historic.

no guy....
i think he meant twin towers as in .... 911

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Close this thread please... This is so stupid ... Its like saying Lebron James coming to the Knicks??? :) These guys have contracts at least until next year... So why bother talking.

Toons

is the Bo$$
because this is a forum. meaning you voice your ideas, thoughts, etc. on anything regarning the knicks. u mind?

petescud

Starter
I just don't see the Magic ever trading Howard...I live an hour from their arena. ..wish we'd get him though