Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marc Gasol

Default Marc Gasol

I was watching Memphis game and i couldn't help thinking about Marc Gasol in a Knicks uniform. He's tough. Tonight showed how much he is against LA. Ron Artest can confirm that. He seems to have kept all the blackness in the Gasol family. Sorry Kobe.

Although he's not playing his best basketball this year, specially in offense, i'm sure he'd become a fan favourite in NY. Sometimes he reminds me of Anthony Mason.

he would be good help.....wat do u think about kendrick perkins as a knick...

Veteran

I've been touting him as our best bet for a while, as a player. He may not be our actual best bet.

The price tag, in dollars and potential trade, will be pretty enormous. Look at what Brendan Haywood just pulled! And Cuban will pay Chandler bonzo bucks too!

With STAT's ability to play the 5, Moz's growing confidence, and the host of quality "back up" bigs (who for our purpose, on this team, carry big value),

I don't think we will splurge. Outside of maybe Jordan; who will still carry a lower bottomline price than Gasol.

Perkins, Davis, Dalembert will be hugely targeted by us. Or should be. Davis and Dalembert, especially, IMO.

I saw him get blocked by barely 6 foot kyle lowry in the clutch the game before that vs the Rockets.. I want Nene

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    I saw him get blocked by barely 6 foot kyle lowry in the clutch the game before that vs the Rockets.. I want Nene
    Yeah, and I once saw Michel Jordan posterized by John Starks so I conclude he was a terrible defender.

Veteran

^^ haha. Nene is a stud, though, on the rise (no homo).

Something about Gasol I don't totally trust. Mainly his rebounding. We already have one spotty, Why Isn't He Snatching 10 A Game bigs in Amare.

Nene is going to commond bonzo bucks, too, however. 11-12M.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    ^^ haha. Nene is a stud, though, on the rise (no homo).

Something about Gasol I don't totally trust. Mainly his rebounding. We already have one spotty, Why Isn't He Snatching 10 A Game bigs in Amare.

Nene is going to commond bonzo bucks, too, however. 11-12M.
    Gasol touches a lot of balls that end in easy rebounds for other teammates. In both ends. Also, he plays alongside Z-Bo, who is a rebounding machine. Still he use to put up big numbers in this statistic.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Markutis
    Gasol touches a lot of balls that end in easy rebounds for other teammates. In both ends. Also, he plays alongside Z-Bo, who is a rebounding machine. Still he use to put up big numbers in this statistic.
    That's true about Z-Bo. Gasol has too many quiet 3, 4 rebound nights for my liking. When he may command 10M salary, plus what we may have to give in a trade.

Legit 7ft size tho. And he is very tough, w a pretty refined offensive arsenal. Who can move.

I was watching Memphis game and i couldn't help thinking about Marc Gasol in a Knicks uniform. He's tough. Tonight showed how much he is against LA. Ron Artest can confirm that. He seems to have kept all the blackness in the Gasol family. Sorry Kobe.

Although he's not playing his best basketball this year, specially in offense, i'm sure he'd become a fan favourite in NY. Sometimes he reminds me of Anthony Mason.
    If we get Melo then we can't afford Gasol....but Mozgov hopefully can turn into nice player then we shouldn't worry.

But Gasol should be priority #1 after Melo.

No Way!...saw him last week and he go out-rebounded by a PG something line 9-0..

Veteran

If he's asking for Nene money no thx. I would rather develop the Gov, give him consistent minutes and see if he grows the rest of the way.

I was hoping for either Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan... But if we pull off this trade for Carmelo then the Knicks wont be able to afford a "big" ticket free agent, especially one of the RFA variety. Any offer we could fling Gasol's way could be easily matched by MEM.

A trade might work... BUt that would cost us Gallo or Fields PLUS a 1st rounder.

The Knicks, if they pull off a trade for Anthony involving Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry will be hovering at a payroll for 2011 about 54,500,000. There's a team option for about 920,000 for Bill Walker and Turiaf has a player option of 4,360,000 which is included in this figure.

This year's payroll is at 58,102,438.

Say they raise the cap a few million for next season. Knicks could/might be under the cap by about 5-8 million.

We have to resign Shawne Williams. What do we do with last year's other 2nd round pick? We have to sign our 1st rounder this year. Then we have to find a backup PG (possibly).

It comes down to the mid-level exemption or vet exemption is all we could really offer to any potential free agent or restricted free agent.

HOWEVER, if we deal Turiaf & Douglas, or Turiaf and Gallo, we could trade for Gasol or Jordan.

I wonder if Perkins, Big Baby Davis, or some other free agent might just sign with us?

Actually I believe De'Andre was a second round RFA. that means the most any team besides the clippers can only offer him is the MLE. The clippers can (and if they are smart) will offer him more. However any team that wants him will have to convince him to leave by padding his contract starting in the 2013 season. So if we go for him it would be based on the cap space we have in 2013,2014, and 2015.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i want DeAndre Jordan, i see him as a Tyson Chandler type player and thats the perfect center for our team, runs well, blocks, rebounds+defends( huge needs ). Plus he's almost the perfect compliment next to STAT

can you define what exactly do you mean by "blackness" I never knew some one could have "blackness". So are you saying if I can jump high, or if I talk with a slang dialogue I have more "blackness" ?. If you are going to make a post, and confirm a point, do so with out the anecdotal racially oppressive wording.

Thank you.