Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broussard: Lakers Nuggets in prelim. talks for Bynum, Melo swap.

Originally Posted by Oakman88
    Only thing is Melo has never expressed Interest in playing for the Lakers. He wants to get back on the East Coast. That is for sure.
    Well I do remember when the reports first hit they said that La La wanted NY or LA because of career concerns.

I'm just anxious to get this over with. I hope he does make it to NY some how some way. We havent had a break like this since the Ewing lottery...

I feel you as knicks fans we been snubbed for years. BUt this is our year for a break.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Negotiation tactics...

Nuggets are trying to get us to up the ante with Fields or Gallo. I say we call the bluff. If they do Melo for Bynum, Melo is likely to show up in orange and blue iin free agency and Denver traded their franchise guy for someone who plays 15 games a year and had surgeries on both knees before age 20.
    if he goes to the lakers..we should all fear for our lives. i dont think he'll leave LA if he gets traded there..kinda like cliff lee. it seemed he loved the yanks but he got traded to texas and everybody thought right after the season, he'd go to the yanks as a FA, but that certainly didnt happen

Originally Posted by Blumatic
    In 11am Sportscenter.
    PA PA PA PA PA PA POKER FACE!!!!
    That's ALL!!

No way this goes down, LAL needs their size and Bynum alone isn't going to get it done, plus LAL has no picks they just traded one to NJ

Originally Posted by Hayato
    if he goes to the lakers..we should all fear for our lives. i dont think he'll leave LA if he gets traded there..kinda like cliff lee. it seemed he loved the yanks but he got traded to texas and everybody thought right after the season, he'd go to the yanks as a FA, but that certainly didnt happen
    Maybe...unless he realizes how difficult it will be for him to co-exist with Kobe.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Maybe...unless he realizes how difficult it will be for him to co-exist with Kobe.

lebron wade and bosh can coexist

It'd be kind of weird for the Lakers to do this. Gasol and Bynum are dominant.

Keep this in my mind, Melo's favorite player growing up is Bernard King, and...is his favorite team the Knicks?

That could hold a lot of power in a decision.

Bernard, send him an invite!

50 points 0 assist tho....goddamn

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    How much disdain does the Nuggets owner have for the Knicks? Enough to trade Melo in conference never to see the NBA finals again. Man I hope not. Denver is going to try to screw us royally fellas. Early on in this Melo drama it was mentioned La La wanted to be in NY OR LA to have better opportunities concerning her career.

Also past history the Lakers always seem to get their man. I remember them getting Jabbar when we had first dibs.

This is a horrific development...
    Ok then, we'll just take NeNe or Bynum (whom I offered to trade Gallo for last year) instead, either this yr or in FAgency.

No issues here, we win either way. Den giving away their franchise player to a rival...smh

For a rental? Smh more.

And then will be cashed strapped with Bynum and/or NeNe although he will be a FA (Bynum salary is 15mil next yr) or forced to give up NeNe

Perfect for us if we can add another big like NeNe or Bynum.

Remember " a man with nothing to lose as everything to gain"

Donnie has put us in the perfect position. We can't lose. Plus we might sign Melo over the summer anyway

Lakers shot it down
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Hayato
    lebron wade and bosh can coexist
    LeBron Wade and Bosh are buddies who decided and conspired for years to play with each other.

Kobe is notoriously difficult to get along with, especially when there is another star in the mix.

Its not happening but because of our history I understand everyones sensitivity to this.

Veteran

Originally Posted by MProv00
    50 points 0 assist tho....goddamn
    Yeah and the Nugs lost and his +/- was -3.

I just can't see Melo being able to play with Kobe. They both need the ball in their hands all the time.

Obviously LeBron works with Wade and Bosh because he's such a great facilitator.

I think that this is partly just investigation into possibilities by the Lakers, but I think it's more of an attempt by the Nuggets to put pressure on the Knicks.