Broussard: Lakers Nuggets in prelim. talks for Bynum, Melo swap.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ agreed.

But it's scary to see. You know LAK wanna make a move; and have it be a big one.

This is likely sports news just giving a hail mary, though, to keep stories churning.

iSaYughh

Starter
LAK will give it all they have.

But at this point it is a simple decision, that has become increasing easy for Melo to maintain -- and increasingly harder for DEN to not just accept:

Where does he want to play,

NYC.

LAK deal makes some sense, and it's a sexy trade to consider. But 100% a hail Mary pass on part of DEN (and LAK), and the sports writers who are jonesing for a story before the fata compli of Melo comin to us.

SlimChin

Rookie
that means Melo stays in the western conference teamed up with KOBE to destroy Denver? nah don't see it happening.

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
This is just trade bait to get the Knicks to Ante up their offer. Denver knowns where Melo wants to go.

How much disdain does the Nuggets owner have for the Knicks? Enough to trade Melo in conference never to see the NBA finals again. Man I hope not. Denver is going to try to screw us royally fellas. Early on in this Melo drama it was mentioned La La wanted to be in NY OR LA to have better opportunities concerning her career.

Also past history the Lakers always seem to get their man. I remember them getting Jabbar when we had first dibs.

This is a horrific development...

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Nah relax it isn't happening. These trade talks are leaked purposely. Bynum is damaged goods and has yet to play a full season. They'd never accept this trade. This is simply just to scare the Knicks into ante up their trade offer. Walsh is a G playing poker with this, not budging because he understands Melo and the knicks hold all the advantage.

Nah relax it isn't happening. These trade talks are leaked purposely. Bynum is damaged goods and has yet to play a full season. They'd never accept this trade. This is simply just to scare the Knicks into ante up their trade offer. Walsh is a G playing poker with this, not budging because he understands Melo and the knicks hold all the advantage.

I'm just saying some of the same things were said when Jabber demanded a trade to the Knicks or the Lakers. The Knicks thought they were a lock and it didnt happen. Man how the history of the Knicks could have changed with that one deal...

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Only thing is Melo has never expressed Interest in playing for the Lakers. He wants to get back on the East Coast. That is for sure.

KBlack25

Starter
Negotiation tactics...

Nuggets are trying to get us to up the ante with Fields or Gallo. I say we call the bluff. If they do Melo for Bynum, Melo is likely to show up in orange and blue iin free agency and Denver traded their franchise guy for someone who plays 15 games a year and had surgeries on both knees before age 20.

Only thing is Melo has never expressed Interest in playing for the Lakers. He wants to get back on the East Coast. That is for sure.

Well I do remember when the reports first hit they said that La La wanted NY or LA because of career concerns.

I'm just anxious to get this over with. I hope he does make it to NY some how some way. We havent had a break like this since the Ewing lottery...

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Negotiation tactics...

Nuggets are trying to get us to up the ante with Fields or Gallo. I say we call the bluff. If they do Melo for Bynum, Melo is likely to show up in orange and blue iin free agency and Denver traded their franchise guy for someone who plays 15 games a year and had surgeries on both knees before age 20.

if he goes to the lakers..we should all fear for our lives. i dont think he'll leave LA if he gets traded there..kinda like cliff lee. it seemed he loved the yanks but he got traded to texas and everybody thought right after the season, he'd go to the yanks as a FA, but that certainly didnt happen