Melo Will Take a Hard Look at Denver's Extension for Him

Hayato

Benchwarmer
UPDATE: on melo...not only is anthony annoyed, but the nuggets are annoyed with the knicks lowball offers...not only that but it doesnt seem like melo is ONLY willing to sign with the knicks...its been reported than denver wants 2 OF THE 3; gallo,fields, and chandler.melo is wondering if the knicks really want him now because they arent making a bold offer (wasnt he wondering the same thing before all of this trade rumors blew up?) this information is per IncarcaratedBob on twitter (a VERY reliable source)

i really hate to say it but if this was my decision, bye gallo. fields is really coming into his own at SG...plus we have no set replacement for SG if fields leaves..only galo and we dont really know galo too well as a SG. plus why would u get rid of an up and coming SG only to have galo start from scratch at the position? cmon donnie, get your head out of your ass..its CHANDLER AND GALO (and randolph and curry) for MELO!! we no longer hold all the levarge and we're now on pretty thin ice so dont keep trying your lowball offers, donnie!

Last edited:
dont believe this, he's doing denver a favor by trying to drive up the knicks offer. if he wanted to sign with denver he would have done it a long time ago. i hope..

tiger0330

Legend
He's going, he's staying, he's going ... really getting tired of this crap. What's even worse is if they don't trade him on the 24th they still have a chance to deal him when the season ends, so you have another 4 months of this Melo crap.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
like the first guy said, i hope he's just trying to pressure the knicks even more to get this f'in deal done

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Yeah. He is just trying to assure that he gets traded -- this way he gets max money. He doesn't want to lose out on 20 mil and wait til next year. :boohoo:

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Stan Kroneke is a ****ing shit...

Ok well let me first say I watch a lot of soccer over in England. Stan Kroneke owns Arsenal F.C. which is a team based out of london. He may not own them, but has a high stake in them. I hate that team as they are our direct rivals (Tottenham Fan I'am) Stan is such a bad person to deal with as he has such a prick up his ass that he just can't deal with other teams whatsoever.

At the end of the day of all this I think that for some reason the Nuggets have had it out for us because their player wanted to come to us. I think it speaks volumes about their organization that they are willing to deal Melo to a Western Conference rival and make them stronger for the next seven years at least. If anything comes out of this it is that Denver is a very unprofessional organization and this could have been dealt with a long time ago for the better of both teams.

I don't think were angels in this because we had pieces to give to Denver, but still the constant circus that Denver has put on shows me that they are seriously in trouble if they don't think they can't rebuild after Melo leaves.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So, he's just about the money. F*ck him. If he wants NY, sign with us this summer. It's that simple.

Am I the only person that sees what Melo is doing as wrong? He's demanding we trade our assets so he can get everything he wants, NY and his money. As if he hasn't made enough money already.

He has to know he stands a better chance of winning a championship if he signs with us this summer. Instead, he just wants to be in NY and get his money.

F*ck him. Let him resign in Denver. We can build a better team by keeping our assets and cap flexibility this summer. We don't need him, he needs us.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
So, he's just about the money. F*ck him. If he wants NY, sign with us this summer. It's that simple.

Am I the only person that sees what Melo is doing as wrong? He's demanding we trade our assets so he can get everything he wants, NY and his money. As if he hasn't made enough money already.

He has to know he stands a better chance of winning a championship if he signs with us this summer. Instead, he just wants to be in NY and get his money.

F*ck him. Let him resign in Denver. We can build a better team by keeping our assets and cap flexibility this summer. We don't need him, he needs us.

LJ, his play has given him leverage. He is taking advantage of it. This is not to say that he still won't come to NY if he's not traded before the deadline; he is just trying to get as much money as he can.

I'm sure he has his agents pressuring him to say stuff like that too. If Donnie Walsh is certain Melo is going to come, he can always just wait til the summer.

I do not envy the predicament Walsh is in. If he trades now, and more than Chandler/Curry are involved, people are going to be mad. If he doesn't trade now, people are going to be mad. Good luck Walsh.

Last edited:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
LJ, his play has given him leverage. He is taking advantage of it. This is not to say that he still won't come to NY if he's not traded before the deadline; he is just trying to get as much money as he can.

I'm sure he has his agents pressuring him to say stuff like that too. If Donnie Walsh is certain Melo is going to come, he can always just wait til the summer.

I do not envy the predicament Walsh is in. If he trades now, and more than Chandler/Curry are involved, people are going to be mad. If he doesn't trade now, people are going to be mad. Good luck Walsh.

he wouldnt get heat for including galo in the deal (dont forget randolph)

skisloper

Starter
within 24 hours of DOlan getting involved there are indications of Carmelo signing an extension with Denver...

Lets see if Isiah and Dolan find a way to mess this up....

Trade Gallo or Fields...Melo or bust

KingofNy

Starter
With the way our organization is run I would bet a lot of money that we never end up with Carmelo. Not that our management is terrible but I don't think he even knows what he wants.

I think Carmelo's decision is solely based on his wife's interests, as are most married couples... So unless we unload all of our assets to get him in the next 2 weeks, I highly doubt we will ever see Carmelo in NY other than when he stops by once a year to play against us. I'm not getting my hopes up... I learned my lesson after dreaming about Carmelo.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
i dont understand..if he's not traded then he'll strongly consider denvers deal...why doesnt he strongly consider NOW? its as if he's crying like a baby to get traded

Hayato

Benchwarmer
i also love everybody who was salivating about carmelo in our lineup maybe 24 hours ago are all saying "nah we're the knicks; of course it wont happen"

Hayato

Benchwarmer
UPDATE: on melo...not only is anthony annoyed, but the nuggets are annoyed with the knicks lowball offers...not only that but it doesnt seem like melo is ONLY willing to sign with the knicks...its been reported than denver wants 2 OF THE 3; gallo,fields, and chandler.melo is wondering if the knicks really want him now because they arent making a bold offer (wasnt he wondering the same thing before all of this trade rumors blew up?) this information is per IncarcaratedBob on twitter (a VERY reliable source)

i really hate to say it but if this was my decision, bye gallo. fields is really coming into his own at SG...plus we have no set replacement for SG if fields leaves..only galo and we dont really know galo too well as a SG. plus why would u get rid of an up and coming SG only to have galo start from scratch at the position? cmon donnie, get your head out of your ass..its CHANDLER AND GALO (and randolph and curry) for MELO!! we no longer hold all the levarge and we're now on pretty thin ice so dont keep trying your lowball offers, donnie!

I gotta agree. Gallo and Chandler would already be toast if I was calling the shots. Makes no sense keeping them anyway being that all three play the same position. Williams and Walker would be adequate backups for MELO. You gotta give something to get something...

la2ny

Starter
Weren't we having discussions about this like 2 months ago? I've been saying for the longest ship these cats out, he'd make up for their production by himself. Williams and Walker can be the backups and we'd still have Landry, but people were still talking about how they wanted to know where this team would go an crap. Were a .500 team pretty much and first round exit. Add Melo to what we have minus chandler and Gallo and we have a nice team to start with as a new "Contender" in the East. Add pieces to fill in holes and we go from "Contender" to "Elite".

Last edited:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
plus if we trade galo, we still have a terrific 3 point shooting SF in williams in the rotation

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
I hope these fake familial ties to Mike D aren't holding up Gallo's inclusion in this trade..... Put these guys on the next flight to the mile high city and let's get it started already....

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If you look at my posts about Melo right from the start I said I always believed Melo would resign. I also believed that Denver would look to make some changes and try to bring in some help for Melo.
Do you really think that this deal is being held up strictly because Walsh doesn't want to give up Gallo and Chandler for Melo? If he can hold onto Fields and just give up those 2, I'm pretty sure Walsh would of jumped on it. If there is any truth to the deal being held up due to players than it has to be Denver wanting all 3 guys plus picks plus salary relief...
Walsh is just protecting the Knicks from being fleeced for a 1 dimensional player. This is not James we are talking here!
I think Melo is worth Gallo and Chandler but not Fields and cap relief on top of it!!
That's probably why we are hearing rumors of Walsh asking about Danny Granger' most likely looking for an alternative to Melo if he ends up resigning with Denver or another team.
My ONLY concern with Walsh is that he waits to the very end and we end up NOT making any viable trades. I feel Granger is an excellent alternative ESPECIALLY since he plays DEFENSE! I actually prefer Granger on the Knicks but I understand the obsession with Melo.