Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 78

Thread: Los Angelos Clippers @ New York Knicks

  1. #61
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    What a complete disgrace this team is losing to a bummy team that only had 4 road wins entering the game.How do the Knicks lose to the Clippers, Kings, and Warriors on their home court? This team won't get very far with this coaching staff.I won't be surprised if they fall to 9th or 10th place in the standings by next month.Bottom line is that any team who plays no defense whatsoever but happens to stay above the 500 mark this late in the season is an overachieving team.The good thing is that if the Knicks miss the playoffs, D'antoni will be shown the exit to MSG.
    dont foget we lost to the cavs

  2. #62
    Member JoHnNyBoXeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    well we are what we thought we were!!! a .500 team.. Felton has come back down to earth as just an above average player.. His game has really fallen off since the start of the year.. Toney Douglas sucks.. we gotta trade this guy if he's even worth anything. We def. need to upgrade a player to take all those minutes Douglas gets. If we get a great upgrade over Douglas our team would be MUCH better. He hada good game tonight but im looking at his body of work.. bad shots, missed layups.. He's a young player that could get better but hes not good right now . the best players on this team are Fields and STAT.. then maybe Felton , chandler, Gallo.. I believe we part ways with Chandler at seasons end.. Ever since Donnie made it a point to say Chandler will besigned again a couple weeks ago he has been playing terrible..

    If we have to spice up the deal to get Carmelo and throw Gallo in there we gotta do it.. I know we will have to throw in Fields because DAntoni wont trade his nephew .. Id evn rather part with Felton than Fields at this point and try to get another good PGB.. Because Fields is a winning player a smart player.. That will compliment STAT and Melo perfectly. He's one of those pieces desperatly needed on a championship calibur team..

    just my .02 cents!

  3. #63
    Member JoHnNyBoXeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    +1

    Have you seen the PICK AND ROLL!!!! It's no where to be found how the hell did he end up with 10 assist??? I see why Charlotte was so quick to give him up and I see why Steph Jack made all the ball handling decisions in the 4th Q.

    I think Felton has it in his head that he is some type of allstar caliber player and you can tell by the horrible shots he puts up.
    Yea i cringe every time he take the ball up the court and drives to the hoop missing a layup he attempts to go over 3 defenders without even giving another player a look..

  4. #64
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Felt thinks he's "The Glove" when he's more like "The Sock"

  5. #65
    Member Knickerbocker201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Jer-Z
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by JoHnNyBoXeR
    well we are what we thought we were!!! a .500 team.. Felton has come back down to earth as just an above average player.. His game has really fallen off since the start of the year.. Toney Douglas sucks.. we gotta trade this guy if he's even worth anything. We def. need to upgrade a player to take all those minutes Douglas gets. If we get a great upgrade over Douglas our team would be MUCH better. He hada good game tonight but im looking at his body of work.. bad shots, missed layups.. He's a young player that could get better but hes not good right now . the best players on this team are Fields and STAT.. then maybe Felton , chandler, Gallo.. I believe we part ways with Chandler at seasons end.. Ever since Donnie made it a point to say Chandler will besigned again a couple weeks ago he has been playing terrible..

    If we have to spice up the deal to get Carmelo and throw Gallo in there we gotta do it.. I know we will have to throw in Fields because DAntoni wont trade his nephew .. Id evn rather part with Felton than Fields at this point and try to get another good PGB.. Because Fields is a winning player a smart player.. That will compliment STAT and Melo perfectly. He's one of those pieces desperatly needed on a championship calibur team..

    just my .02 cents!
    Its like every time Douglas steps on the court the whole offense changes. He literally has no peripheral vision and the worst part is he can't complete the pick and roll play to save his life. I constantly see Fields and Chandler cut to the basket and all they need is a lead pass to score a lay-up/dunk but Douglas never gives up the ball.

    Another trend I am starting to see is Felton trying to be a Marbury type of player. He just wants to chuck threes up and drive in to force shots. Don't get me wrong his floater is decent and all but he shouldn't be averaging so many points to the point where we need him to score to win. I want his playmaking to create for other players on the team. He needs to be the team orchestrator and lead the team to victories. I am tired of seeing him chuck up threes.

  6. #66
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    2 words:

    NO DEFENSE!


    This might be kneejerk, but I officially say it:

    Fire D'Antoni!
    Trade Felton!

  7. #67
    Member KnickfanaticinGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A-T-L
    Posts
    254
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Just an awful game last night but I want to still try and remain optimistic. I gotta think this Melo drama is playing a roll here on this team also. Even if your name is not in the mix of traded players. Am I making excuses for the sorry play of last night... probably but I think to some extent it's true.

  8. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    This team has hit the wall... Get the Melo deal done Donnie!!!

  9. #69
    Newbie MProv00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Felt thinks he's "The Glove" when he's more like "The Sock"
    lmaoooooo HAHAHA

  10. #70
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,350
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnickfanaticinGA
    Just an awful game last night but I want to still try and remain optimistic. I gotta think this Melo drama is playing a roll here on this team also. Even if your name is not in the mix of traded players. Am I making excuses for the sorry play of last night... probably but I think to some extent it's true.
    Please, these cats are millionaire little boys. What strees/worries truly weigh on their minds? What club they plan on going to after the game?

    Carmelo trade rumors aren't preventing them from sliding over and playing help defense, or doing more than reaching for a loose ball. Does anybody dive, contest, foul before 10 minutes to go in the 4th?

    There is no ball movement, or will to defend, and this is 50/50 coach/player's fault.

    Right now, the only chance the Knicks have to compete is to shoot well from behind the arc. They were 1-11 while LAC was 5-7 in the first half. When NY is missing their 3s, they have no energy. Clippers didn't want to defend either, but on offense they constantly made the extra pass and drained the midrange jumper. Two things we failed to do.

    Gallo-Chandler are to blame, not Felton. This team rises and falls with the two young kids. THEY ARE YOUNG, so I'll give them that pass. But they need to give a lot more than they are right now... and do it consistently. Unfortunately, that's like asking my to speak click. It just wont happen this season.

  11. #71
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    felton 17 pts 12 assists

    toney douglas +16 efficiency

    the REAL problem was defence... we let a horrible fg% team drop shots on us which put them in a rhythm, once again we lock down in the 4th but by then they are in so much in a zone foye could hit threes with ease, even well defended.

  12. #72
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by elcol
    felton 17 pts 12 assists

    toney douglas +16 efficiency

    the REAL problem was defence... we let a horrible fg% team drop shots on us which put them in a rhythm, once again we lock down in the 4th but by then they are in so much in a zone foye could hit threes with ease, even well defended.
    This guy is prime example of looking at the box score. You didn't watch the game if you think Felton's 17 and 12 assist was a good game. He allowed Layup after layup allowed Bledsoe to get wide open for 3's Baron Davis to Bully him on the dribble drive stop and pop even posting up. Foye got his shots because Raymond couldn't hold him so we switched every possession on D and Foye got wide open or Amare guarding him at the perimeter. Felton was so bad on D we saw Gallo on Davis smh

  13. #73
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    i did watch the game and i did notice how felton and stoudamire etc failed to switch on the pick and rolls, if i were the coach i would tell them to not switch, they aren't making the decision to switch, dantoni is the one telling them to when its obviously the wrong, this game was a collectively bad team defensive effort, not just one player screwing up whoever it may have been. foye played well, davis, griffin, jordan, gomes.

    what im saying is this is what happens in the early quarters the knicks think about starting the offense and they let the other team get into a rhythm, later on it won't matter how well you're defending them they'll be dropping shots cuz they're so hot.

  14. #74
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    What a complete disgrace this team is losing to a bummy team that only had 4 road wins entering the game.How do the Knicks lose to the Clippers, Kings, and Warriors on their home court? This team won't get very far with this coaching staff.I won't be surprised if they fall to 9th or 10th place in the standings by next month.Bottom line is that any team who plays no defense whatsoever but happens to stay above the 500 mark this late in the season is an overachieving team.The good thing is that if the Knicks miss the playoffs, D'antoni will be shown the exit to MSG.
    the clippers are not a bad team.
    the warriors are not a bad team.

    records are deceiving

  15. #75
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    to be fair, its only chandlers what....3rd game back from the injury?
    gallo bounced back after a few bad games, im sure chandler will too.
    our team is so incomplete that we cant afford injuries, no matter how small they are, because with the limited level of talent on this squad, we have a small room for error. everyone just chill....ease up on these 22 and 23 year olds. Dont mind philly's record, remember iggy was injured, and played bad until he was 100% dont let the stats fool you. I know you all love your teams n all, but its not like were boston and we lost to the clippers. There are teams in the nba that have more talent than we do, and there are teams that have slightly less, but if they huustle more than we do, we lose. its not anyones fault yet, we cant win 82 games.

Similar Threads

  1. the PO
    By 6thman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2012, 21:10
  2. I feel bad for Marbury, having to carry the Celtics
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2010, 18:15
  3. 1994 Knicks Vs. 1999 Knicks
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 10, 2010, 15:14
  4. Knicks Nightmare
    By Starks_boy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2009, 09:03
  5. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 2/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2008, 23:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •