Let's discuss available coaches

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
How many really think if (oh we definitely do need to) and when we do need to hire a new coach it will be an untested NBA guy or a somewhat big name. Don't get me wrong I wish we could bring up some new up and comer but this is NY. And look whose running our show still. Honestly, I think when the time comes we will try to overpay a more known name guy than actually looking for a coach that we need.

What about this one:

Willis Reed as HC,
Mark Jackson, Anthony Mason and Charlie Ward as assistant coaches?

Jackson and Ward have excellent basketball knowledge, the right attitude and some experience in coaching. Mase could teach our young big men so much about playing as a PF/C.

And Willis would be good as interim HC, because of his standing in NY and the intangibles he brings to the game.

KBlack25

Starter
Before answering this question ask yourselves:

Does this guy REALLY want to work for James Dolan?

Does he REALLY want the NY spotlight?

If the answer to either is "No." (like I bet it is for 90% of "candidates") then that guy should be off the list.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Larry Brown's stubborn ass is the last coach we need here.

He didn't work out the first time and I don't think he would work well with Amar'e.

Kiyaman

Legend
Herb Williams

Pretty sure big Herb has a damn good record as our HC in his interim stints. I think he knows what is needed now, has been around in some capacity for some 16 years, and knows the pulse of the city and won't be overwhelmed. I think if Herb gets the job he brings Pat in as well as his lead assistant.

@SSj - I completely agree with you as well but, that's just not likely in the NBA. If the Pacers don't keep their interim guy, I say we at least take a look at maneuvering him onto our staff somehow this summer. Maybe getting some younger, new blood will reinvigorate the staff. Also any Spurs assistant would be a good candidate.

Herb Williams is the best available headcoach in line for this job.
Herb has 9 years as the Knicks assistant headcoach under 5 headcoaches.
Either he stays sitting on the pot, or he gets off.

The Knicks dont need another BIG-NAME headcoach!
The Knicks previous losing decade has alot to do with each season the
Knicks are looking for their starting-5 lineup in the preseason games.
Plus the big change of roster each season.
This is what another BIG-Name coach will bring.
Whats wrong with changing half your roster each season?
nothing if u have a starting 6 players.

Hiring Patrick Ewing, or Bill Lambeer, or Mike Woodson as an assistant
headcoach to Herb, would be a great thing in the defensive department.

KBlack25

Starter
Pretty sure big Herb has a damn good record as our HC in his interim stints. I think he knows what is needed now, has been around in some capacity for some 16 years, and knows the pulse of the city and won't be overwhelmed. I think if Herb gets the job he brings Pat in as well as his lead assistant.

100% sure Herb is 17-27 all time as a head coach for a stellar 38% winning percentage.

But if that is a damn good record in your book, then D'Antoni's .500 this season must be boner-tastic.

Kiyaman

Legend
100% sure Herb is 17-27 all time as a head coach for a stellar 38% winning percentage.

But if that is a damn good record in your book, then D'Antoni's .500 this season must be boner-tastic.

Its 18-26 with only one bigman (Kurt Thomas) usable on the roster.
Its the season Marbury said, "I am the best guard in the NBA"

iSaYughh

Starter
Lol. Smh@ how sad this shit is getting.

And herb's record is bc now he didnt have enough usable bigs. O the irony. Or is it hypocrisy.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
laimbeer_1990_320.jpg

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Right now I think Sloan is just fed up with the NBA. I heard he wasn't having his team review tapes. I hate D'Antoni and his stupid mustache, but at least D'Antoni still cares -- even if his stubbornness has deluded him into believing his offense can actually win a championship.