Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: If Carmelo goes to L.A

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs down If Carmelo goes to L.A

    If Carmelo goes to the lakers i will officially stop watching the nba. Seriously what would be the point to watch super teams go at while other teams don't have a chance to get a championship. Just think about how unstoppable the lakers would be with him. Not taking consideration boston, miami on the way. If the move becomes final the nba will offically become like wrestling where it's too much of a joke to watch. This era of super teams in my opinion is killing the nba since there's no true fair competion.

  2. #2
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    1. Its not going to happen. It's a leverage move by Denver to get the Knicks to ante up their offer instead of lowballing them.

    2. The Lakers would become actually more vulnerable in the playoffs if they really did want to make a move. Now if Bynum was to get injured again or they get pummeled by Boston again they will want to do something, just not Carmelo.

    3. The NBA actually has always had teams like thi. It's just magnified now because of Lebron James "Decision". Magics' Lakers, Larrys' Celtics, Russels' Celtics, Wests' Lakers, 2000s' Spurs, Shaq-Kobe Lakers, 90s' Bulls, etc.

    The NFL has this too though it tricks people into believing theres parody, when in reality there isn't. The Steelers, and Packers, Bears, etc. have been good through decades while teams like the Rams, Chargers, Seahawks, Lions, etc. aren't. MLB also with the Yanks having money to pay for greatness, while Tampa Bay and Florida never will be continually good.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    1. Its not going to happen. It's a leverage move by Denver to get the Knicks to ante up their offer instead of lowballing them.

    2. The Lakers would become actually more vulnerable in the playoffs if they really did want to make a move. Now if Bynum was to get injured again or they get pummeled by Boston again they will want to do something, just not Carmelo.

    3. The NBA actually has always had teams like thi. It's just magnified now because of Lebron James "Decision". Magics' Lakers, Larrys' Celtics, Russels' Celtics, Wests' Lakers, 2000s' Spurs, Shaq-Kobe Lakers, 90s' Bulls, etc.

    The NFL has this too though it tricks people into believing theres parody, when in reality there isn't. The Steelers, and Packers, Bears, etc. have been good through decades while teams like the Rams, Chargers, Seahawks, Lions, etc. aren't. MLB also with the Yanks having money to pay for greatness, while Tampa Bay and Florida never will be continually good.
    i hope it doesn't happen. I just feel dat a move like dat is very possible to come through since lakers already have the pieces for a championship team with or without carmelo.

  4. #4
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by drpapi23
    i hope it doesn't happen. I just feel dat a move like dat is very possible to come through since lakers already have the pieces for a championship team with or without carmelo.
    And thats exactly why it isn't going to happen lol. They know they don't need to make a trade. All the losses the Lakers have been compiling the Last month and a half happened at exactly the same time Matt Barnes and Theo Ratliff went down. As crazy as it sounds they lost that energy off the bench with Matt and Theos' willingness to contest shots off the bench, which inturn has led to lackluster games where they look flat when those 2 would have injected a "bored" team.

  5. #5
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by drpapi23
    If Carmelo goes to the lakers i will officially stop watching the nba. Seriously what would be the point to watch super teams go at while other teams don't have a chance to get a championship. Just think about how unstoppable the lakers would be with him. Not taking consideration boston, miami on the way. If the move becomes final the nba will offically become like wrestling where it's too much of a joke to watch. This era of super teams in my opinion is killing the nba since there's no true fair competion.
    I totally agree. I think David Stern ruined the NBA and the only way it's going to get fixed is for fans to stop watching. Even though we might be one of the team's benefiting from this crap I still think it's BS. Stern might as well just have 10 teams and combine all the stars onto those 10 teams and let them all make the playoffs so he can get his precious ratings. The NBA is corrupt and rigged. He single handidly orchestrated the trades that helped build up the Lakers, Celtics and now the Heat...You guys should know what I mean if not ask and I'll tell you. I hate him more than I hate D'Antoni and I can't stand our coach.

  6. #6
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    The Lakers are trying to make this happen folks. Knicks may have overplayed their hand.

  7. #7
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I totally agree. I think David Stern ruined the NBA and the only way it's going to get fixed is for fans to stop watching. Even though we might be one of the team's benefiting from this crap I still think it's BS. Stern might as well just have 10 teams and combine all the stars onto those 10 teams and let them all make the playoffs so he can get his precious ratings. The NBA is corrupt and rigged.
    lol. I will say this, ever since David took over the problem with the league has been the relocating and expansion. They should have never went to 30 teams and now that they have they should have adopted an NFL type revenue sharing system so that small market teams can profit. If anyone should be blamed it should be all these clueless front offices. They have been handing out ridiculous contracts for years, making bone head trades, and drafting poorly.
    The NBA has had star studded teams for years and it's what makes the NBA different from other pro sports. NAMES make the NBA. If I tell you I could have Micheal Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Charles Barley on the same team im going to be intrigued because you know how good they are seperate and you also want to see how they look in a different uniform. Thats why the trade deadline is always one of the main parts of the season and why last years FA period transcended basketball because the "best" player in the world switched teams and joined 2 other stars. Thats interesting. I know were upset about them being together and maybe not landing Melo because a rumor. Just realize that if LeBron or Joe Johnson was a Knick would we be talking about this? Superteams in the NBA have always existed and always will. Only difference this year is "The Big Fish" left instead of them coming to him so everyone got upset.

    Russell-Cousy-Havlicek
    Chamberlain-West-Baylor-Goodrich
    Magic-Kareem-Worthy-Wilkes-Scott-McAdoo
    Bird-McHale-Parish-Johnson-Walton-Ainge
    Jordan-Pippen-Rodman-Kukoc
    Jordan-Pippen-Grant-Armstrong
    Kobe-Shaq-Van Exel-Eddie Jones
    Kobe-Shaq-Rice
    Erving-Malone-Cheeks
    Olajuawon-Barkley-Pippen
    Hill-McGrady-Hardaway(if they were healthy)
    Nash-Nowitzki-Finley
    Duncan-Robinson-Manu-Parker
    R.Wallace-Hamilton-Billups-B.Wallace
    Shaq-Kobe-Payton-Malone
    Shaq-Wade-Payton-Mourning
    Duncan-Manu-Parker
    Garnett-Pierce-Allen
    Kobe-Gasol-Odom
    Wade-Lebron-Bosh
    ...........

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I totally agree. I think David Stern ruined the NBA and the only way it's going to get fixed is for fans to stop watching. Even though we might be one of the team's benefiting from this crap I still think it's BS. Stern might as well just have 10 teams and combine all the stars onto those 10 teams and let them all make the playoffs so he can get his precious ratings. The NBA is corrupt and rigged. He single handidly orchestrated the trades that helped build up the Lakers, Celtics and now the Heat...You guys should know what I mean if not ask and I'll tell you. I hate him more than I hate D'Antoni and I can't stand our coach.
    I Agree..I don't like stern and I don't like antoni for making this team look so weak..The knicks really need to learn how to play defense in the off season and lifting some weights wouldn't hurt either they look so soft out there.
    As for stern..Yup he clearly riggs this league..By giving everything to the lakers, look at how stacked the celtics are..I mean this is the mecca of basketball where it all got started and we have a lousy A** owner who has given us crappy teams through out the years..How is it that New york city does not have a great basketball team..It's been 38 years and your telling me that we as the most loyal fans can't catch a break and have a winning team who is going to give you a consistant effort night in and night out! is that to much to ask for.
    Nah..This has to stop.We should at least been the yankees of basketball. I'm so sick of the lakers and celtics..But especially the lakers because they practically win it every decade except the 90's thanks to jordan. But it didn't take them long to start winning again. For us it's been decades of frustration and being the laughing stock of the nba..Even though The knicks are the most valuable franchise..Thanks to us!

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I totally agree. I think David Stern ruined the NBA and the only way it's going to get fixed is for fans to stop watching. Even though we might be one of the team's benefiting from this crap I still think it's BS. Stern might as well just have 10 teams and combine all the stars onto those 10 teams and let them all make the playoffs so he can get his precious ratings. The NBA is corrupt and rigged. He single handidly orchestrated the trades that helped build up the Lakers, Celtics and now the Heat...You guys should know what I mean if not ask and I'll tell you. I hate him more than I hate D'Antoni and I can't stand our coach.
    That's so true. It just makes me wonder if alot of games being played is even rigged. Especially in the playoff since they're was plenly of times you'll be watching a very important game for a team & one of the players seem like he purposely made a mistake because his team wassn't meant to win. Like when malone was dosing off with the ball in one them playoff games on purpose which resulted in jordan taking the ball from him and winning the game with a buzzer beater.

  10. #10
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Trade Icon I really hope he doesn't go to L.A.

    I just wrote a post for my blog about how I hope that Melo comes to NY. We need him to bring back the energy the Garden had in the 1990's. Tell me what u think. I am not a bot, just a fan.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  11. #11
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnnyrose
    I Agree..I don't like stern and I don't like antoni for making this team look so weak..The knicks really need to learn how to play defense in the off season and lifting some weights wouldn't hurt either they look so soft out there.
    As for stern..Yup he clearly riggs this league..By giving everything to the lakers, look at how stacked the celtics are..I mean this is the mecca of basketball where it all got started and we have a lousy A** owner who has given us crappy teams through out the years..How is it that New york city does not have a great basketball team..It's been 38 years and your telling me that we as the most loyal fans can't catch a break and have a winning team who is going to give you a consistant effort night in and night out! is that to much to ask for.
    Nah..This has to stop.We should at least been the yankees of basketball. I'm so sick of the lakers and celtics..But especially the lakers because they practically win it every decade except the 90's thanks to jordan. But it didn't take them long to start winning again. For us it's been decades of frustration and being the laughing stock of the nba..Even though The knicks are the most valuable franchise..Thanks to us!
    Lol you do realize the Lakers didn't win a title for 12 years and sucked after Magic retired. Also if personal moves were "rigged" the Knicks would never be bad because it's NEW YORK F'ING CITY. The NBA offices are there. This is all managements faults.

    Memphis was having a firesale and gave Gasol away to sell the team, which they never did smh. Miami traded for Shaq so they had to give up anyone other than Wade(which is why I dont understand the Knicks not trading for Melo because of a Fields or Gallo) so they traded Odom and Caron Butler essentially. The Lakers sucked ass and got to draft Bynum. Then Butler was flipped for Kwa-May and he was flipped for Gasol.

    Boston sucked ass for over 22 years except for one unexpected ECF trip in 02 which, if rigged I might add, wouldv'e ended with Boston and not New f'in Jersey vs LA. In 08 Pierce wanted a trade if he didn't get any help. Garnett became available that summer because the Wolves were going nowhere and the orginization believed it a be better to let him go to a better situation. The Lakers would've had Garnett for, yes you guessed it, Andrew Bynum, but Jim Buss didn't want to let him go. So the next best offer was a young up and coming Al Jefferson and pieces. Garnett didn't want to be there initially, but after Clay Bennett pretty much alienated the fans in Seattle so he could move the Sonics to OKC by trading their only star Ray Allen and 2nd round pick Big Baby for Jeff Green.(They would've been pretty good with Durant, Allen by the way) The rest of the moves they make and have made have been blunders by other teams or players ring chasing. Perfect example is Rondo, he was passed by many teams, including us, and was originally drafted by Phoenix I believe.

    The Knicks have had great players yes. But the only titles the team has they had more than one great player on them. Walt,Willis,Dave,etc. In the 80's we weren't good besides Bernard King. Then Patrick came along and had Charles Oakley, John Starks, Derek Harper, and Mase. When Pat finally got the team talented enough he was broken down when we had Houston, Sprewell, and Big L. The last decade has been all management and no one else. No one told us to pay Jerome James, Eddy Curry, draft Micheal Sweetney, trade for Marbury, Crawford, Francis, etc. Dolan owns a pro team in NYC that has a history of great fans. I f he can make money off of his "business" even when it's not a good product then why would you feel the need to improve? Jerry Buss has been qouted many times saying he's willing to pay if it means titles. What other owners have you heard that from? Only one who remotely tries is Mark Cuban.
    Last edited by la2ny; Feb 10, 2011 at 03:14.

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    lol. I will say this, ever since David took over the problem with the league has been the relocating and expansion. They should have never went to 30 teams and now that they have they should have adopted an NFL type revenue sharing system so that small market teams can profit. If anyone should be blamed it should be all these clueless front offices. They have been handing out ridiculous contracts for years, making bone head trades, and drafting poorly.
    The NBA has had star studded teams for years and it's what makes the NBA different from other pro sports. NAMES make the NBA. If I tell you I could have Micheal Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Charles Barley on the same team im going to be intrigued because you know how good they are seperate and you also want to see how they look in a different uniform. Thats why the trade deadline is always one of the main parts of the season and why last years FA period transcended basketball because the "best" player in the world switched teams and joined 2 other stars. Thats interesting. I know were upset about them being together and maybe not landing Melo because a rumor. Just realize that if LeBron or Joe Johnson was a Knick would we be talking about this? Superteams in the NBA have always existed and always will. Only difference this year is "The Big Fish" left instead of them coming to him so everyone got upset.

    Russell-Cousy-Havlicek
    Chamberlain-West-Baylor-Goodrich
    Magic-Kareem-Worthy-Wilkes-Scott-McAdoo
    Bird-McHale-Parish-Johnson-Walton-Ainge
    Jordan-Pippen-Rodman-Kukoc
    Jordan-Pippen-Grant-Armstrong
    Kobe-Shaq-Van Exel-Eddie Jones
    Kobe-Shaq-Rice
    Erving-Malone-Cheeks
    Olajuawon-Barkley-Pippen
    Hill-McGrady-Hardaway(if they were healthy)
    Nash-Nowitzki-Finley
    Duncan-Robinson-Manu-Parker
    R.Wallace-Hamilton-Billups-B.Wallace
    Shaq-Kobe-Payton-Malone
    Shaq-Wade-Payton-Mourning
    Duncan-Manu-Parker
    Garnett-Pierce-Allen
    Kobe-Gasol-Odom
    Wade-Lebron-Bosh
    ...........
    yea but u talkin bout having a top 5 player along wit kobe gasol odom n wut not. it's like the heats since the players are still in they're prime. i just feel that you cant compare dat bunch along with the others.

  13. #13
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by drpapi23
    yea but u talkin bout having a top 5 player along wit kobe gasol odom n wut not. it's like the heats since the players are still in they're prime. i just feel that you cant compare dat bunch along with the others.
    Actually you can some were older but Shaq and Kobe were both young at a ime in the NBA where it was down so they dominated everyone. From 03-07 Duncan-Parker-Ginobli was a deadly trio being that neither was too old.

    The point is superteams have existed for years it did not just start this year. Melo is not going to be traded to LA so you can calm down lol.

  14. #14
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    The Lakers are trying to make this happen folks. Knicks may have overplayed their hand.

    no, its not going to happen.. the lakers even claimed they were obviously not going to make any trade

Similar Threads

  1. Anonymous General Manager: Carmelo to Knicks is inevitable
    By goldenchild1688 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 24, 2011, 02:52
  2. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 12:31
  3. What will happen with carmelo?
    By jzero29 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 05, 2010, 17:09
  4. Trading Gallo or Randolph for Carmelo will fail us.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: Sep 26, 2010, 11:10
  5. Carmelo isn't coming!!!!
    By NYKnuniversity in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 12, 2010, 12:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •