Nets to Reenter Melo Sweepstakes

Hayato

Benchwarmer
REPORT: NETS MAY GET BACK IN MELO CHASE SOON
Although nothing is going on right now, sources tell the New York Post that the Nuggets will get back in the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes.
After seeing the weak offer the Knicks put together, this makes plenty of sense. The Nets can still offer the best package of picks, young talent and expiring contracts. Still, Anthony's waffling on where he is willing to sign an extension -- and recent hinting that he may be willing to sign in Denver -- is going to complicate matters just like it did the first time around. With just two weeks to go until the deadline, no one can confidently predict what will happen here.

we just cant win..FIRE everybody if we dont get him

Facepalm.jpg

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Well it says "may" reenter so let's hope it's just from a "source"..I'm tellin u if he signs elsewhere, he'd be too pissed with the Knicks to sign with them as a fa..we will be average at best without melo..wasn't walshs plan to bring a couple stars in here???

iSaYughh

Starter
This really isn't news. Meaningful, anyways.

If Melo even hinted that he'd be more amenable to becoming a Jersey Boy, it might be.

Too much flotsam sports writing. Melo wants to get dealt by deadline. No shit. And I'm sure he's getting antsy.

KingofNy

Starter
I'm telling you guys Melo is pissed at us. We might of already lost him already from being so cheap. We better send a good package to Denver or else were going to have one star with bad knees playing 45 minutes a night and end up giving some mediocre players max-contracts because all the "real" stars will want to go where the other stars are.

If we don't get him I think our FO and D'Antoni needs to be fired. We had Melo gift wrapped and we screwed it up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Melo go to NJ now that he's seen how badly our organization is run. I mean if we can't even land him, how is he going to trust us to bring in a 3rd max contract to make out run. I'm frustrated even thinking about it.

If we're gonna get Melo.. I think is absolutely HAS to be BEFORE the trade deadline not AT it.. Right now there's not a doubt in my mind that Denver is looking around seeing if they can get ANYBODY to step foward with a better deal.. I don't doubt the Nets will be that team, which if the case Melo would sign with I now believe after his recent actions and comments. We might have to make everyone on this team except Amare available to get him at this point.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I dunno.

Melo wouldn't sign with the Nets then, why would he sign with the Nets now?

Melo wants a trade to the Knicks but he also wants the Knicks to be good...he doesn't want to come here to play with Starting PG Toney Douglas and starting SG Bill Walker...

I think he really wants that money too.. His recent comment leads me to maybe believe this.. Either:

A. He wants the guaranteed money.
B. He wants to help Denver out.

A is much more likely IMO his threat is probably genuine..

He also said he never said he wouldn't sign an extension with NJ..

skisloper

Starter
Now you guys are getting into the " Melo is Pissed "
Denver will NOT pull the trigger until a week before the deadline....
The NETS made a huge offer and Denver still did not pull the trigger.
Donnie has no reason to sweeten a deal that will just asked to be sweeten a week later...

Be patient and if Carmelo is pissed **** him....

we should wait till a week before the trade deadline,denver is just waiting to see if any other teams are going to step up to trade for Melo.we should just stick with our current offer.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Wtf ??

REPORT: NETS MAY GET BACK IN MELO CHASE SOON
Although nothing is going on right now, sources tell the New York Post that the Nuggets will get back in the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes.
After seeing the weak offer the Knicks put together, this makes plenty of sense. The Nets can still offer the best package of picks, young talent and expiring contracts. Still, Anthony's waffling on where he is willing to sign an extension -- and recent hinting that he may be willing to sign in Denver -- is going to complicate matters just like it did the first time around. With just two weeks to go until the deadline, no one can confidently predict what will happen here.

we just cant win..FIRE everybody if we dont get him

Facepalm.jpg

He will not sign with the NETS so let them ruin their team and be non factors for the next 10 years.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I just heard on ESPN briefly that Denver wants EVERYTHING from us...

Moz
Fields
Chandler AND Gallo

Them putting these names out there is as likely as us sending them

Mason Jr.
AR
Curry
Rautins

Now I don't know how accurate this is but that's just asking too much... Nets put out the best offer so far so we'll see...

At this point it just doesn't look like Denver likes what we have to offer and every time they make an offer they already know we wont do it. So at this point let some idiots clean out their roster for him and we can pick him up in the offseason and make a serious push for those rings next year.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I just heard on ESPN briefly that Denver wants EVERYTHING from us...

Moz
Fields
Chandler AND Gallo

Them putting these names out there is as likely as us sending them

Mason Jr.
AR
Curry
Rautins

Now I don't know how accurate this is but that's just asking too much... Nets put out the best offer so far so we'll see...

At this point it just doesn't look like Denver likes what we have to offer and every time they make an offer they already know we wont do it. So at this point let some idiots clean out their roster for him and we can pick him up in the offseason and make a serious push for those rings next year.

No one knows the exact trade demand from Denver. I read today that Felton was the deal breaker. These reports will keep surfacing until its over. I do know it benefits us to get a 3rd team involved so we don't have to give up too much.