Dantoni is the reason for Mozgov's Success

Fair enough.

But I have seen two players: Moz and Randolph ride the pine.

I have seen one of them up first at every timeout. I have seen the other one of them not get up at all.

I have seen one of them deep in the huddle every timeout. I have seen the other one stare at the camera away from the huddle while a play is drawn up.

I have seen of them clapping his hands and smiling on the bench. I have seen the other one sulking on the bench even during a W.

Guess who is who? Guess which one the coach has more confidence in?

I cant blame Randolph much here. The kid has somewhat proven the he can compete in this league. He has attributes that if used properly can help a team win. He's human. He has to be frustrated trying to prove something to a coach that really isnt interested in his talents. Just MHO...

KBlack25

Starter
I cant blame Randolph much here. The kid has somewhat proven the he can compete in this league. He has attributes that if used properly can help a team win. He's human. He has to be frustrated trying to prove something to a coach that really isnt interested in his talents. Just MHO...

On the flip side though, Mozgov is proof positive that the coaching and the ability to get better is there. They aren't asking for 20 foot jumpers out of Mozgov, they are asking for near the basket scoring, rebounding and altering shots. I assume that's what they want from Randolph. But Randolph elects to take these stupid jumpers when he gets in. That game (I think v. Detroit) when he got 5 boards and took 1 shot in limited time - that's what I want and I think the coaches want out of him. It's when he takes these jumpers that I shake my damn head...

On the flip side though, Mozgov is proof positive that the coaching and the ability to get better is there. They aren't asking for 20 foot jumpers out of Mozgov, they are asking for near the basket scoring, rebounding and altering shots. I assume that's what they want from Randolph. But Randolph elects to take these stupid jumpers when he gets in. That game (I think v. Detroit) when he got 5 boards and took 1 shot in limited time - that's what I want and I think the coaches want out of him. It's when he takes these jumpers that I shake my damn head...

If thats what they want they should coach him up to do those things. Then play him to see if he's developed.

You keep mentioning Moz like the coaching staff had this big revelation and suddenly said Moz is READY. They didnt. They got lucky. This kid would still be benched if we didnt have injuries...

Toons

is the Bo$$
Mike D's/Moz confidence timeline:

1) Mike D starts Moz and plays him sparingly confidence meter 50%
2) Mike D benches Moz for two months confidence meter 0%
3) Due to injuries Mike D plays Moz but before the game says that Moz would continue his role on the bench when the team is healthy confidence meter 0%
4) Moz has breakout game after which MDA says 23 & 14 I THINK I'll try it again confidence meter 60%
5) Moz continues to play and play well most games but was benched for the entire 4th quarter last game after scoring 18 pts Confidence meter 80%

Seems about right to me. Mike D gets absolutely no credit for helping Moz gain confidence initially. He can gain some credit by playing him from this point forward. But he had no confidence at all in this kid going into the Detroit game, NONE...

just give it up dummy, you lost.....ur making an ass out of yourself

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

3) Due to injuries Mike D plays Moz but before the game says that Moz would continue his role on the bench when the team is healthy confidence meter 0%
4) Moz has breakout game after which MDA says 23 & 14 I THINK I'll try it again confidence meter 60%
5) Moz continues to play and play well most games but was benched for the entire 4th quarter last game after scoring 18 pts Confidence meter 80%

Seems about right to me. Mike D gets absolutely no credit for helping Moz gain confidence initially. He can gain some credit by playing him from this point forward. But he had no confidence at all in this kid going into the Detroit game, NONE...

1. They were ranting and raving about Mozgov at the start of the season and gave him the starting job. Walsh and D'ant couldn't give him more praise if they tried. confidence meter 100%

2. Mozgov limited his own minutes with quick stupid early fouls. confidence meter 50%

3. Mozgov replaced for a small lineup that had us winning because of his own inadequacies on the court. Confidence meter irrelevant

4. Played hard in practice, kept his head up and waited for his time to play. confidence meter 60%

5. D'ant gives him the nod when he could have easily went with other players like Williams in place of Gallo or Turiaf. confidence meter 90%

6. Mozgov has a break out game due to the chance D'ant gave him above all our other bench players. confidence meter 100%

nyk_nyk

All Star

Nice timeline. I have to agree with this because its very accurate.

nyk_nyk

All Star
1. They were ranting and raving about Mozgov at the start of the season and gave him the starting job. Walsh and D'ant couldn't give him more praise if they tried. confidence meter 100%

2. Mozgov limited his own minutes with quick stupid early fouls. confidence meter 50%

3. Mozgov replaced for a small lineup that had us winning because of his own inadequacies on the court. Confidence meter irrelevant (why not just reduce his minutes?)

4. Played hard in practice, kept his head up and waited for his time to play. confidence meter 60% (This should be the same for AR, Rautins and Mason Jr.)

5. D'ant gives him the nod when he could have easily went with other players like Williams in place of Gallo or Turiaf. confidence meter 90% (Wasn't Williams suspended?)

6. Mozgov has a break out game due to the chance D'ant gave him above all our other bench players. confidence meter 100% (I'm sure Dantoni was pressured into playing Moz)

Hey man, I get that Dantoni is the coach and therefore if a guy gets minutes and plays well than its a good reflection of the coach and staff BUT Dantoni made moves due to a depleted bench and prior to that didn't even give little hints that he was gaining some confidence in Moz.

Stop being naive. Either way i'm glad Moz is getting a fair chance now.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Hey man, I get that Dantoni is the coach and therefore if a guy gets minutes and plays well than its a good reflection of the coach and staff BUT Dantoni made moves due to a depleted bench and prior to that didn't even give little hints that he was gaining some confidence in Moz.

3. Mozgov replaced for a small lineup that had us winning because of his own inadequacies on the court. Confidence meter irrelevant (why not just reduce his minutes?) it started off that way but other people earned that playing time.

4. Played hard in practice, kept his head up and waited for his time to play. confidence meter 60% (This should be the same for AR, Rautins and Mason Jr.) irrelevant and unknown. You have no idea what effort, attitude and ability was shown in practice.

5. D'ant gives him the nod when he could have easily went with other players like Williams in place of Gallo or Turiaf. confidence meter 90% (Wasn't Williams suspended?) true for one game. That said, see how Moz started the season as our starter. You cannot read into D'ants motives with 100% accuracy considering his 1st option was to start the 7 foot rookie.

6. Mozgov has a break out game due to the chance D'ant gave him above all our other bench players. confidence meter 100% (I'm sure Dantoni was pressured into playing Moz)Unknown, pure speculation pulled out of thin air.

No one is being naive. I specifically stated how Mozgov kept his chin up and seized on an opportunity.

Red

TYPE-A

Wow. Good post.

Now we are to believe we can't figure out the MOTIVES even though all the evidence suggests coach had no confidnece in Moz.

Irrefutable facts include:
1. MDA BENCHING and dnp'd MOZ multiple games, incuding blowouts and when size was needed.

Supporters say although he started at the beginning of the season (which somehow shows he did have confidence) he wasn't ready.

2. Injuries occure, a player was suspended.

Supporters say this has nothing to do with Moz finally being ready. Just mere coincidence.

3. MDA was quoted as saying Moz will again be regulated to the bench BEFORE the game.

Supporters say...
Well nothing because its better to ignore that tidbit

4. Moz has a career night

Supporters say, MDA deserves all the credit for coaching him up, instilling confidence, and making him what he is.

5. MDA tries jokingly to back track and admits Moz performance was a surprise, and he now will think about giving him more minutes

Supporters say, this is irrelevant, it only illustrates how smart MDA is

6. Moz continues to provide help and size

Supporters say that was the plan all along

Being able to admit mistakes is reserved for a select few.

Being able to blindly see things and paint this rosey incorrect picture because coach can do no wrong...

That's reserved for those who meticulously ignore facts and have penchant to look dumb. Keep up the good work fellas.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Agreed.

Randolph isn't like Mozgov in the sense that Mozgov came in raw, new, and didn't know crap.

Randolph has been an NBA player for 2 years, he has been an NBA player as long as Gallo has, and he has been a solid contributor in those two years given his age. FFS he wasn't even old enough to drink until a few months ago.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Wow. Good post.

Now we are to believe we can't figure out the MOTIVES even though all the evidence suggests coach had no confidnece in Moz.

Irrefutable facts include:
1. MDA BENCHING and dnp'd MOZ multiple games, incuding blowouts and when size was needed.

Supporters say although he started at the beginning of the season (which somehow shows he did have confidence) he want ready.

2. Injuries occure, a player was suspended.

Supporters say this has nothing to do with Moz finally being ready. Just mere coincidence.

3. MDA was quoted as saying Moz will again be regulated to the bench BEFORE the game.

Supporters say...
Well nothing because its better to ignore that tidbit

4. Moz has a career night

Supporters say, MDA deserves all the credit for coaching him up, instilling confidence, and making him what he is.

5. MDA tries jokingly to back track and admits Moz performance was a surprise, and he now will think about giving him more minutes

Supporters say, this is irrelevant, it only illustrates how smart MDA is

6. Moz continues to provide help and size

Supporters say that was the plan all along

Being able to admit mistakes is reserved for a select few.

Being able to blindly see things and paint this rosey incorrect picture because coach can do no wrong...

That's reserved for those who meticulously ignore facts and have penchant to look dumb. Keep up the good work fellas.

Again for the mentally challenged:

I think it’s first because I feel the game better,” said Mozgov, who said he’s drawn confidence from the faith D’Antoni has shown in him and the knowledge his coach wants him on the court.
“When your coach wants you on the court and gives you some more confidence ... it’s great for you and really builds your confidence,

He is admitting that he is "feeling the game better" hence he has progressed since the beginning of the season. Further he is unequivocally stating he gained confidence due to D'ant. So you can parse and deflect but the quotes speak louder than you.

Further, I certainly never said that it's confidence above readiness...actually readiness has a direct correlation with ones confidence. Moz lacked BOTH and lost his starting job. He worked hard, kept ready (as best he could) and exploited the opportunity D'ant gave him above all our other bench players who were available.

Oh and yes, it was the plan along and the evidence was Moz starting at the beginning of the year. That plan had a hiccup or two but is now BACK ON TRACK.

nyk_nyk

All Star
No one is being naive. I specifically stated how Mozgov kept his chin up and seized on an opportunity.

3. Mozgov replaced for a small lineup that had us winning because of his own inadequacies on the court. Confidence meter irrelevant (why not just reduce his minutes?) it started off that way but other people earned that playing time. (you mean he went with more 3 point shooting...the Dantoni way)

4. Played hard in practice, kept his head up and waited for his time to play. confidence meter 60% (This should be the same for AR, Rautins and Mason Jr.) irrelevant and unknown. You have no idea what effort, attitude and ability was shown in practice. (so how did you come up with 60%?)

5. D'ant gives him the nod when he could have easily went with other players like Williams in place of Gallo or Turiaf. confidence meter 90% (Wasn't Williams suspended?) true for one game. That said, see how Moz started the season as our starter. You cannot read into D'ants motives with 100% accuracy considering his 1st option was to start the 7 foot rookie. (Why not start your 7 footer? It was an obvious decision)

6. Mozgov has a break out game due to the chance D'ant gave him above all our other bench players. confidence meter 100% (I'm sure Dantoni was pressured into playing Moz)Unknown, pure speculation pulled out of thin air. (yes it is unknown but that just didn't seem like a genuine Dantoni decision)

If Randolph gets minutes due to injury or some other unforseen reason, will you give Dantoni credit then too?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
If Randolph gets minutes due to injury or some other unforseen reason, will you give Dantoni credit then too?

If he inserts AR into the lineup above other players and he produces I will give SOME of the credit. That said, it is not me, or the thread starter that is given out any credit. It's Mozgov himself who you are really arguing with...

nyk_nyk

All Star
If he inserts AR into the lineup above other players and he produces I will give SOME of the credit. That said, it is not me, or the thread starter that is given out any credit. It's Mozgov himself who you are really arguing with...

First of all, there's no arguing here. Secondly, the thread title is DANTONI IS THE REASON FOR MOZGOV'S SUCCESS, so clearly credit is being given out to the coach.

I think the real problem was with Dantoni throwing Mozgov in the dog house for way too long. Guys like Rautins and Mason I can understand because we already have adequate shooting ahead of them but when size is clearly needed and you ignore the biggest guy on the team for that long then that's just plain tomfoolery.

KBlack25

Starter
First of all, there's no arguing here. Secondly, the thread title is DANTONI IS THE REASON FOR MOZGOV'S SUCCESS, so clearly credit is being given out to the coach.

I think the real problem was with Dantoni throwing Mozgov in the dog house for way too long. Guys like Rautins and Mason I can understand because we already have adequate shooting ahead of them but when size is clearly needed and you ignore the biggest guy on the team for that long then that's just plain tomfoolery.

The thread title just restates what Mozgov said himself.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

I think it?s first because I feel the game better,? said Mozgov, who said he?s drawn confidence from the faith D?Antoni has shown in him and the knowledge his coach wants him on the court.
?When your coach wants you on the court and gives you some more confidence ... it?s great for you and really builds your confidence,

The thread starter reiterated the thrust of the article he posted. Argue, debate...whatever with Mozgov.

Red

TYPE-A
Again for the mentally challenged:

He is admitting that he is "feeling the game better" hence he has progressed since the beginning of the season. Further he is unequivocally stating he gained confidence due to D'ant. So you can parse and deflect but the quotes speak louder than you.

Further, I certainly never said that it's confidence above readiness...actually readiness has a direct correlation with ones confidence. Moz lacked BOTH and lost his starting job. He worked hard, kept ready (as best he could) and exploited the opportunity D'ant gave him above all our other bench players who were available.

Oh and yes, it was the plan along and the evidence was Moz starting at the beginning of the year. That plan had a hiccup or two but is now BACK ON TRACK.

Again for those 5'4" and taller...

Whether or not mda has confidence or moz is confident is moot.

What MOTIVATED coach to play him was....

Drumroll...................

INJURY!!! Bling-bling-bling-bling

What MOTIVATED coach to continue to play Moz was...

Drumroll...............

Moz actually can play but was dnp'd mad games, had a career night and made some look dumb, especially coach!!!!! Bling-bling-bling

What MOTIVATED these supporters of coach to post so many pages of regurgetated nonsense ingnorant of the quote of MDA in effect saying he had no idea?

Drumroll............

THEY ARE NOT ONLY MDA SUPPORTERS WHO FEEL HE CAN DO NO WRONG BUT.....
THEY ARE INCLUDED IN THAT GROUP OF DUMMIES WHO SUPPORTED MDA NOT USING THE BIGS.

I officially dub thee (Trill, Toons, Black, Uggggg)

Drumroll...........

"The Spin Doctors"

KBlack25

Starter
What would have been a more appropriate title for this thread?

Mozgov credits D'Antoni for his success?

Mozgov says D'Antoni has aided his success?

Mozgov Comments on How D'Antoni Helped Him?

Or, as people who hate MDA would have it:

Mozgov lies and says D'Antoni helped him?

It's just a reiteration and literally the OP is a copy and paste job with bold on the thrust of the article...If you want to get mad get mad at Mozgov.