Lakers vs. Knicks--"Unofficial Game Thread"

jimkcchief88

All Star
I checked the schedule and maybe someone signed up for tonight's game. If not, feel free to post here. Need a thread for sure because this is a primetime, nationally televised game vs the Lakeshow.

I camped out and watched the double-header last night that involved both the Lakers and Melo's Nuggets and this is what I observed:

If you don't play 48 minutes, you aint beating the Lakers. The Celts at home were up double-digits most of the first half until the Lakers reeled them in and applied the knock-out punch with under two minutes left. Kobe had 3 points at half-time, but ended up with 23, mostly in the 4th quarter. So if you don't finish quarters and halves as the Knicks are known NOT to do, it will be a long night.

Melo is awesome. No more of the that "overrated" stuff. He put on a show last night against Dallas dropping 42 points from all over the court. I don't care who the Nuggets want in return, its worth it for Melo. No one is untouchable. No one. That includes Gallo "cocklovers" because even though Gallo has been playing better of late (still can't shoot his way out of a paper bag), it hasn't translated into Knicks wins with bad losses to Philly and the Clippers in the past seven days.

Enjoy the national broadcast tonight, hope we don't get chased off the court.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
D'Antoni's small-ball lineup will NOT work against the Lakers, period. We need to be running Mozgov out there as much as we can. In my ideal world we'd have Anthony Randolph out there to guard Lamar Odom but that's probably not going to happen. The Lakers have a huge size advantage against us, and we're not going to win unless we trot our biggest guys out there...

If D'Antoni sends williams out again to guard Bynum I'm just gonna stop watching this game. Williams is a good role player, but D'Antoni's obsession with him guarding centers at 6'8 or 6'9 is just insane. Mozgov has to play close to 40 minutes. I hope Turiaf is back for this one.

STAT/Williams at center and Chandler at PF and we will get raped again...like in LA.

Felton should get a rest, he's been horrible lately. Start Douglas and play Mason/RAutins as backup PGs.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
If D'Antoni plays a larger line-up when possible, we will stand a chance. But, we need a perfect game, and we need to play D for 48 minutes... not 24... not 12.

I agreed with whoever said, Ant Rand on LO. I would like to see some more of Anthony's hustle. But, truth is, he won't see the a minute of play, unless we are getting blown out.

Amar'e has to have his outside jumper going, and Felton needs to run the offense efficiently. Watching Raja would do him some good.

Gallinari has to have his jump shot going, too. Everything needs to come together. I don't think one player can afford to have an off game.

When the Lakers' step up their defense, that's when we will have trouble, because we won't be able to step it up like them. Hopefully the Lakers' back-to-back will help our chances.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Gasol and Bynum will kill us inside. Hopefully Moz will start and not get in early foul trouble. We might actually match up if we start Moz and STAT. Gallo should check Odom and start Wilson to Guard Kobe. So it should look like this:

Bynum-Moz
Gasol-Stat
Odom-Gallo
Kobe-Chandler
Fish-Felton

Those match-ups would give us the best chance to win. I know that bumps Fields out of the starting line-up, but he seems to have hit the rookie wall and would be a great super-sub off the bench. We all know D'ant won't do any of this and because he loves to bring Wil off the bench to check guys that are six inches taller.....

tiger0330

Legend
D'antoni is a fool if he does not play Moz 30 minutes, the Lakers are big and we need to counter that. It's all part of the learning curve for Moz.

If D'Antoni sends williams out again to guard Bynum I'm just gonna stop watching this game. Williams is a good role player, but D'Antoni's obsession with him guarding centers at 6'8 or 6'9 is just insane. Mozgov has to play close to 40 minutes. I hope Turiaf is back for this one.

STAT/Williams at center and Chandler at PF and we will get raped again...like in LA.

Felton should get a rest, he's been horrible lately. Start Douglas and play Mason/RAutins as backup PGs.
You just wrote exactly what i was going to write lol

KBlack25

Starter
Nice defense so far, 2 early turnovers.. Moved the ball well on the first play for the open 3. Moz has to pull that pass in...

And then a u-g-l-y no alibi ugly pass from Moz...

KBlack25

Starter
Landry has to knock down that mid-range j. Forcing some nice turnovers so far...SWEET OOOP to Gallo. We are running very well right now.