Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lakers vs. Knicks--"Unofficial Game Thread"

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    O.K., now I agree that the refs are sucking. They blew the call on the Gallo drive and call 2 back-to-back tacky fouls on us. F the refs.

Wow... They call the bullcrap foul on Douglas yet they let Chandler get raped beyond the arch and no-call. Again, F*** the refs!
    Does it even matter at this point lol. Refs at this juncture are a pretty moot thing to object 2.

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Does it even matter at this point lol. Refs at this juncture are a pretty moot thing to object 2.
    lol Yeah. It's not like the play has been good.

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    lol pretty much why there all gone

Hey Dantoni. Take the starters out of the game. What a jerk

The refs starting really sucking it up when we got their lead down to 9. I agree we played like crap but the refs definitely called a crapload of calls in the Lakers favor the last 7 minutes of the 3rd. At the same time they weren't giving us calls (Gallo's drive, Chandler's 3), they gave Kobe a bullcrap and 1 call and then called Douglas for blocking that 3 point attempt. He didn't even touch the guy.

We still would of lost anyways, I'm not disputing that. I don't even think Melo can save this team because it all boils down to coaching and our coach is garbage. Coaches mean everything to a team. You can have all the stars in the world but if your coach sucks like D'Antoni, you're going to have a hard time winning.

Here's an example: Look at St. Johns... They've are playing awesome now and it's all because of the new coach. Steve Lavin took the same EXACT players that sucked the last 3 years and made them relevant and good enough to compete and beat the best teams in NCAA. That is coaching. D'Antoni is a joke.

Veteran

The Knicks, for once, outrebounded a team, and still lost.

Goodness, can we ever catch a break?

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    The refs starting really sucking it up when we got their lead down to 9. I agree we played like crap but the refs definitely called a crapload of calls in the Lakers favor the last 7 minutes of the 3rd. At the same time they weren't giving us calls (Gallo's drive, Chandler's 3), they gave Kobe a bullcrap and 1 call and then called Douglas for blocking that 3 point attempt. He didn't even touch the guy.

We still would of lost anyways, I'm not disputing that. I don't even think Melo can save this team because it all boils down to coaching and our coach is garbage. Coaches mean everything to a team. You can have all the stars in the world but if your coach sucks like D'Antoni, you're going to have a hard time winning.

Here's an example: Look at St. Johns... They've are playing awesome now and it's all because of the new coach. Steve Lavin took the same EXACT players that sucked the last 3 years and made them relevant and good enough to compete and beat the best teams in NCAA. That is coaching. D'Antoni is a joke.
    The refs usually favor the aggressor when games momentums shift. When we were aggressive in the 1st half we got some calls that shouldn't of been called it goes both ways. Jus gotta play through it. I never did like D'antoni as the coach of the Knicks. His style just doesn't fit this city im sorry. This city is rugged and would be better represented by a hard nosed D team like Boston. He would have been canned if he were in Detroit, Boston, or Philly with this crap

Danilo Chuckalotti couldnt buy a 3.

The refs usually favor the aggressor when games momentums shift. When we were aggressive in the 1st half we got some calls that shouldn't of been called it goes both ways. Jus gotta play through it. I never did like D'antoni as the coach of the Knicks. His style just doesn't fit this city im sorry. This city is rugged and would be better represented by a hard nosed D team like Boston. He would have been canned if he were in Detroit, Boston, or Philly with this crap
    I pretty much agree with everything you said. I've been saying this forever, why does NY accept D'Antoni? I don't get it, he is terrible. He needs to start putting our losses on his shoulders and make adjustments and stop blaming everyone else. When he blamed the fans 2 days ago that was my last straw with him.

NY is supposed to be tough. D'Antoni's bad coaching and no defense disrespects the Garden, organization and fan base in my opinion and I hate that the rest of the country looks at our team as a joke...I can't stand it. FIRE D'ANTONI, HIRE A DEFENSIVE MINDED COACH, GET MELO AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    Danilo Chuckalotti couldnt buy a 3.
    Like Breen said he's one streaky shooter. Kobe on the other hand was on fire, 12/17 on mostly jump shots.

I've maintained a balanced opinion of this team and its woes, avoiding pointing fingers etc. I know that we were basically destined for a .500 season, but the debacle has to end.

This system, this coach, is heralded for offensive brilliance.

Where is it?

I've played, watched, written about basketball for nigh on 2 decades now, and would love for some of the following: KBlack, tiger0330, TR1LL1ON, ronornanoroanaonaianana, mafra, ISayyUggh, SSJ4wingzero or anyone that cares to, to tell me what is so genius about this offence.

Someone distract me from pulling my ****ing hair out.

It really has become painful.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    I've maintained a balanced opinion of this team and its woes, avoiding pointing fingers etc. I know that we were basically destined for a .500 season, but the debacle has to end.

This system, this coach, is heralded for offensive brilliance.

Where is it?

I've played, watched, written about basketball for nigh on 2 decades now, and would love for some of the following: KBlack, tiger0330, TR1LL1ON, ronornanoroanaonaianana, mafra, ISayyUggh, SSJ4wingzero or anyone that cares to, to tell me what is so genius about this offence.

Someone distract me from pulling my ****ing hair out.

It really has become painful.
    Loco Ochos has returned !

Banned

knicks just have so many holes as a team that is showing in the past 2-3 weeks.If we have a bad shooting night then we cant win.Our perimeter defense has no discipline and cant contain anyone.No low post defender that can go one on one with elite bigs.No other consistent scorer to keep us out of slumps and keep the pace going.no bench.no halfcourt offense.no post player.WHEW this can be a long season so i suggest you 50+ win knick fans brace for it.The sad thing is that even if we do fire mike and get a defensive coach,these guys are so used to being bad on D that we would probably need to edit the roster again.Walsh got us in a truck load of crap because we can get melo and win 50+ wins a year but now our team is going to always be a defensive liability with dantoni stuff but yea walsh needs to get rid of dantoni because championship and dantoni doesnt go in the same sentence but dantoni and extreme fun does.so what would you knicks fans want? get melo score 120 a game and getting bounced in the 2nd round and at most the ECF or a team that gives up 95 ppg and scoring 101 ppg and being a contender?

Btw if anyone says amare is a post player get out.facing up is totally another story.

Yeah, when I think of the Knicks, I think of our greatest teams with big men protecting the paint and the rest of the team also bringing defense. We don't even have bad defensive players. I love fast paced style, but it's not fast paced when we're not playing good. I want us to own the paint on both ends.