Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: If we get melo..we cant get a max in 2012 w/o giving up gallo..so give him up now..

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo If we get melo..we cant get a max in 2012 w/o giving up gallo..so give him up now..

    i really wish people would stop putting their sights on CP3 and D will in 2012..

    There is no way we can get Melo, have max money in 2012 and keep gallo all at the same time.

    We all nee to relize that we would have to let Gallo go in order to sign a max in 2012...

    Amare and Melo would both be making about 20 mil apeice in 2012...so do the math...

    Add in Mozgov's 3 mil and a team option for TD..

    we might have about 16 mil in cap space.. all of that will get suck up

    We wont have fileds, felton, AR , chandler, etc..

    fields maybe different because he is a second rounder.. and has no QO..

    but if we are lookin for a big three..

    we wont have these guys long term anyway..

    SO if OUR PLAN is to get Melo then get Cp3 in 2012... we would be foolish to hold on to players we will only have for 1 more season after this one...

    if this trade is being held up for these guys...come on....we aint winning a Chip this year anyway...or competing with MIA or Boston in the East...

    So lets get Melo in the fold.. and move forward...

    IF THATS THE PLAN....

  2. #2
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I agree.

    Your about to get into some arguments with "The ****lovers" lol.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    We'd still want to trade him in the most distant of possible futures, to boost his value as high as possible,

    See how good we are with simply adding Melo and a big.

    That could easily be as good, and more feasible a team, as Paul/Melo/Amare and who knows,

    Especially when cp3 is still a total who knows.

    The plan isn't to bank n focalize on a hypothetical "big three". Even if it gets the rocks off ppl who wanna ditch Gallo in every possible scenario.

    MIA big three materializes through the sheer fortune and unliklihood of Wade/Bosh/Bron being total FA's at the same time,

    And Riley making cap clearing movies *right before* the signings,

    And it still took the three not getting derailed by any other team and coalescing together.

  4. #4
    Member StarksOverJordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I like the Rooster but we can always train Rautins to be the fun-loving three-shooting white boy that everybody grows to love and hate at the same time.

    Examples:

    Wally Sczerbiak
    Tom Guggliotta
    Bobby Sura
    Mike Miller

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    If Gallo, and say Fields, goes in a "gutting", i guess the consolation of giving up a lot, is "well, maybe I guess now we can more easily get CP3/Williams in 2012".

    A success of bringing in Melo doesn't make us a success, or assure us of one.

    MIA success also hinged/hinges on the masterful signings of Miller and Haslem, which predicated on them taking less. And again, all this got done at the last hour by Riley, and with very little risk (unlike this proposed acquisition of a Big Three).

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4President
    I like the Rooster but we can always train Rautins to be the fun-loving three-shooting white boy that everybody grows to love and hate at the same time.

    Examples:

    Wally Sczerbiak
    Tom Guggliotta
    Bobby Sura
    Mike Miller
    Wow.....

    Wow.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    With a few weeks if we do not get Melo I am sure the D'antonio/Gallo haters will blame it on our reluctance to give up Gallo...


    Guys come on....Donnie Walsh has proven himself has he not ?

    Give him his due credit...He would trade Gallo in a heartbeat if it meant getting Melo.

    Denver is not pulling the trigger and until they are ready there is ZERO reason to show all your cards to Denver BUT more important not to show your cards to the other teams you might be competing against to get Carmelo...

    As stated I am a huge Gallo fan. I would add him to any deal that can land us Melo.

    Have Faith in Donnie....BUT REMEMBER DOLAN GOT INVOLVED AND HIS FAT ASS ARROGANCE ALONG WITH HIS SNUG BUDDY COULD HAVE ONLY MADE THINGS WORSE.

  8. #8
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    if the big plan is to get chris paul as well as melo, then trade felton and gallo

  9. #9
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    If getting rid of Gallo means we get Paul I'm all for it.

    Gallo is my fav on the Knicks, but Paul is prolly my fav player in the league.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,037
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    We might not HAVE to have three max players. It's not like we won't have a lot of cap if we don't get another max.

    Anyway, too soon in my opinion to know if we need a third max player. Fun to talk about though.

  11. #11
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4President
    I like the Rooster but we can always train Rautins to be the fun-loving three-shooting white boy that everybody grows to love and hate at the same time.

    Examples:

    Wally Sczerbiak
    Tom Guggliotta
    Bobby Sura
    Mike Miller
    So because he is white he is like all of those guys?

    This is like one time I saw a blog post (not on this board) of someone saying Gallinari was going to ultimately be Darko...

    As to the OP: Remember a long time ago when we gave up assets and tanked two years for the purpose of landing two max free agents one of whom was a 2-time reigning MVP? Remember when that totally did not work out and people got all pissed off b/c the president's plan did not go exactly as planned? Remember when we vowed not to trade away assets we had to speculate on free agents who gave no commitment to coming here?

  12. #12
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,037
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    So because he is white he is like all of those guys?

    This is like one time I saw a blog post (not on this board) of someone saying Gallinari was going to ultimately be Darko...

    As to the OP: Remember a long time ago when we gave up assets and tanked two years for the purpose of landing two max free agents one of whom was a 2-time reigning MVP? Remember when that totally did not work out and people got all pissed off b/c the president's plan did not go exactly as planned? Remember when we vowed not to trade away assets we had to speculate on free agents who gave no commitment to coming here?
    I think people think we deserve these players more than other franchises because of our market. We shouldn't be satisfied with our team now, but we have to play it smart. Not every team has a superstar, let alone two which seems very possible for us.

  13. #13
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    With a few weeks if we do not get Melo I am sure the D'antonio/Gallo haters will blame it on our reluctance to give up Gallo...


    Guys come on....Donnie Walsh has proven himself has he not ?

    Give him his due credit...He would trade Gallo in a heartbeat if it meant getting Melo.

    Denver is not pulling the trigger and until they are ready there is ZERO reason to show all your cards to Denver BUT more important not to show your cards to the other teams you might be competing against to get Carmelo...

    As stated I am a huge Gallo fan. I would add him to any deal that can land us Melo.

    Have Faith in Donnie....BUT REMEMBER DOLAN GOT INVOLVED AND HIS FAT ASS ARROGANCE ALONG WITH HIS SNUG BUDDY COULD HAVE ONLY MADE THINGS WORSE.
    Our players are killing their value right now and I think it's so they don't get traded. Honestly. Chandler has SUCKED the last 15 games... Gallo had maybe 2 good games, 1 o.k. game and then rest he sucked. Fields is really the only one not tanking his value so he doesn't get traded.

    Dolan getting involved in the trade was probably the worse thing that could have happened in the negotiations. I just hope that we send a rediculous offer to Denver just to get it done. We will never go ANYWHERE with our current players/coach....

    Getting Carmelo will at least make other players want to come here and like the threads poster said, we need to drop a lot of these salaries anyways for a 3rd max contract. Once we get 3 stars, other star players will come here and play for peanuts. Fans and our FO needs to drop their affection for these role-players and move on. Have of our starters probably wouldn't start on other teams in the league and their stats are inflated. Stop acting like these guys are top-talent. I like Felton but he's streaky too and he can be replaced.

    I see us having to give Denver the following players for the deal to work.

    We'll have to probably send the following:

    Gallo
    Felton
    AR
    Eddy Curry's Contract
    (I don't think they want chandler...Who would after he's been tanking his performances lately and crying about possibly getting traded to Denver.)

    In return we'll probably get:

    Melo
    Billups

  14. #14
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Our players are killing their value right now and I think it's so they don't get traded. Honestly. Chandler has SUCKED the last 15 games... Gallo had maybe 2 good games, 1 o.k. game and then rest he sucked. Fields is really the only one not tanking his value so he doesn't get traded.

    Dolan getting involved in the trade was probably the worse thing that could have happened in the negotiations. I just hope that we send a rediculous offer to Denver just to get it done. We will never go ANYWHERE with our current players/coach....

    Getting Carmelo will at least make other players want to come here and like the threads poster said, we need to drop a lot of these salaries anyways for a 3rd max contract. Once we get 3 stars, other star players will come here and play for peanuts. Fans and our FO needs to drop their affection for these role-players and move on. Have of our starters probably wouldn't start on other teams in the league and their stats are inflated. Stop acting like these guys are top-talent. I like Felton but he's streaky too and he can be replaced.

    I see us having to give Denver the following players for the deal to work.

    We'll have to probably send the following:

    Gallo
    Felton
    AR
    Eddy Curry's Contract
    (I don't think they want chandler...Who would after he's been tanking his performances lately and crying about possibly getting traded to Denver.)

    In return we'll probably get:

    Melo
    Billups
    I'd take Lawson or Birdman instead of Billups. Hell why hasn't anyone thought about getting Afflalo.Also didn't he state he doesn't want to leave Denver and he'd seek a buyout if traded?

  15. #15
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4President
    I like the Rooster but we can always train Rautins to be the fun-loving three-shooting white boy that everybody grows to love and hate at the same time.

    Examples:

    Wally Sczerbiak
    Tom Guggliotta
    Bobby Sura
    Mike Miller
    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    So because he is white he is like all of those guys?
    Ridiculous way to generalise players.

    Shall we put Larry Bird, Steve Nash, Johnny Stockton and Tom Chambers in there as well? I never understood that mode of thinking.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2011, 16:43
  2. No to 'Melo'
    By Blas in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 09:07
  3. Concerns for Gallo, Knicks
    By Remix 37 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2010, 23:18
  4. NY v GS
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Apr 07, 2010, 00:58
  5. Gallo and Curry:Are The Two Knicks only Untouchables!
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec 24, 2009, 19:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •