Do NOT Blow Up This Team for Melo

drpapi23

Rookie
This team WILL NOT be worse then before. 2 top scorers in the Nba. Idc what anybody says. Were a .500 team now i guarentee we will be better then .500 with Melo. I know some of u guys have little gay feelings towards these guys but its time to make moves b. Agreed with sprewellhouston
lmaaoo yo ***** where u been

Hayato

Benchwarmer
sounds good but im sure were gonna have to throw in a pick and maybe fields... but id still do it...
can you believe melo is getting about 17 mil for 2 seasons and curry is getting about 11 mil for 1 season? smh isiah

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Having 2 dominant scorers makes teams prepare for and play defense against both of them. Instead of the way they do us now by doubling STAT and letting us miss our 3's. Make them work harder playing defense and they will be more inclined to breakdown offensively. It works im telling you. Just watch what happens to the Knicks when teams slow the game down then double the crap out of STAT.

no. you do pretty much whatever it takes to get melo. as long as you dont give up more than 4 or 5 people and as long as you dont get rid of stoudemire. its obvious teams need at least 2 superstars to win titles..you get the superstars AND THEN you get the role players to encompass them. not the other way around! you dont get the role players first and then throw a start into the mix. if the knicks arent trying viciously to get this deal done, their judgement is MORTALLY impaired.

and theres no excuse to not get him. this is totally different than lebron. melo has made it 100% crystal clear that he wants to play in his HOMELAND in the basketball mecca. lebron always maliciously beat around the bush when he would praise ny so he could get ny excited. melo, however, is making it SPARKLING CLEAR. and we have no excuse to not get him.

Great points! Melo & Amare on the team gives whatever role players we have left way more opportunities for easy buckets. To emphasize what was already said, role players like Gallo & Chandler are easier to sign than legitimate super stars. When you have great chance of landing one you go after him. With two stars on the team, we'll be able to attract the necessary role players we need. As in the case of Miami, players/vet role players will sign for less knowing their chances of going deep in the playoffs is higher; not to mention the big market & exposure NY is.

Wargames

Starter
Nobody is talking about a title or even Conference Final run this season!

It takes more than just Melo to turn us into a contender. We all know that.

Donnie Walsh knows it. That's why the plan has always been to get 3 stars for this franchise. It seems to be the only way to win trophys these times.

Boston (07-08): Garnett, Pierce, Allen, great role players (Perckins etc.)

LA (08-09, 09-10): Kobe, Gasol, Odom, great role players (Ariza, Fisher, Bynum, Artest)

Miami (10-11) ??? : Wade, Lebitch, Bosh.

You can't touch gold unless you got 3 legit stars or 2 legit stars and a ton of All stars to support them.

Our dream and plan is to get STAT, Melo and Chris Paul. Then pick up a few trophy hungry role players and we're in the mix to get a ring.

Fields is good, but nothing more than a role player. Very useful on a championship caliber team, but you need to get the star players first. If he is the key to get Melo we must let him go.

Chandler is a very strange guy. Sometimes he plays like an MIP or 6th man oty contender, sometimes he plays like he shouldn't even be in this league. Plus his lack of emotion is very irritating. Useful player, but you can get someone like him every summer via draft or free agency.

Randolph is just a huge bust imo. You can teach defense, shooting, rebounding etc - when a player has the right mindset. Randolph is either a very dumb fella or his mindset is soft as hell, either way he doesn't belong in this league.

Gallo has improved lately, but his shooting and shot selection are still terrible most of the time. His driving to the basket has been sensational as of late, but he'll demand a huge contract in two years time and I'm not ready to give him one, when we could spend the mega bucks on CP3, D_Will or Superman instead.

Actually the plan was the get two stars. This whole "we need three stars" is because Miami copied the Celtics by getting three stars however unlike the Celtics Miami's stars are in their prime...... Anyway the goal originally was to get Lebron and have Bosh or Amare be the number 2 scorer in the post. We even drafted guys like Fields and Rautins because we figured Fields would do the glue work since Lebron would score and Rautins could develop into a spot on scorer point guard since Lebron could do most of the Point Guard distribution himself. Now since Lebron is in Miami and CP3 gave a toast (that in hindsight I feel set up this whole we don't want to work with the Knicks strategy of Nuggets) we as Fans have been hoping for a chance to have our own Big three.

But we really need to be honest here setting up a big three in their primes is hard to do capwise. Until this playoff season is over we won't even be able to judge if a team of three elites and some role players/Garbage work players can compete for a chip. Also if the league create a franchise tag or alters the MLE (be removing it or making it available only once every two years) the Heat and teams like them are screwed. Now don't get me wrong I realize you got to make that deal to get Melo because if we get him that opens up more moves for us. But you can't give them all away their is no guarantee that the Knicks will be able to replace them with workable pieces, and the way the new contracts are going to be built there is not guarantee that we could even if we wanted make a big three. :afro:

KBlack25

Starter
Nobody is arguing that role players are harder to get than superstars, that is an idiotic argument.

But if we trade all our pieces in one shot for Carmelo, we will be plucking from the bottom of the barrel for roleplayers, we won't have the $ to even sign Raymond Felton-level players. We will be stuck with a team of a ton of Roger Mason Jr.-type guys. If we had LeBron-Wade-Bosh maybe that would work, but Carmelo-STAT-Garbage Role players isn't half as good as Wade-James-Bosh-Garbage Role Players. If we trade all our guys just for Melo and get nothing else that is tradeable back, you can forget about D12 or CP3.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Nobody is arguing that role players are harder to get than superstars, that is an idiotic argument.

But if we trade all our pieces in one shot for Carmelo, we will be plucking from the bottom of the barrel for roleplayers, we won't have the $ to even sign Raymond Felton-level players.

relax. we'd probably be trading 2 guys who start for us and then some back ups..

your fear of breaking up the family is hilarious. we SUCK. theres no reason to be apprehensive if we trade some guys for melo. we're a garbage team right now and getting a superstar like melo is imperative. we'll have role players GOOD ENOUGH to play alongside stat and melo..plus if we trade away "everybody" like you say then thats a lot of money comin off the books isnt it? plus we'd be SIGNING chris paul, not trading for him

hell, curry is getting paid 11 mil for this season alone

PS:
id rather have melo, stat, and "garbage" role players than stat and a bunch of below average role players stinkin up the joint (which is what we have right now)

KBlack25

Starter
relax. we'd probably be trading 2 guys who start for us and then some back ups..

your fear of breaking up the family is hilarious. we SUCK. theres no reason to be apprehensive if we trade some guys for melo. we're a garbage team right now and getting a superstar like melo is imperative. we'll have role players GOOD ENOUGH to play alongside stat and melo..plus if we trade away "everybody" like you say then thats a lot of money comin off the books isnt it? plus we'd be SIGNING chris paul, not trading for him

PS:
id rather have melo, stat, and "garbage" role players than stat and a bunch of below average role players stinkin up the joint (which is what we have right now)

How, my man, are we going to sign Chris Paul, when with Carmelo and STAT we will be over the cap and the only real contract coming off the books is Feltons $7 million? Are we going to give Felton $7 mil?

I understand you would rather melo, STAT and trash than what we have now. But if we get Melo Stat and trash that is ALL we will have, never having the chance to add more significant pieces and make a finals. So if you are happy with the #4-5 seed yearly, then that's fine. Better than what we have now, but not competing for a title, ever.

KBlack25

Starter

PS:

We will be trading 3 guys who have started games for us this year, 1 of which has become our #6 guy. And I said over and over, if we get back role players that fill a need I am fine with it. But straight up for Melo destroys our depth AND chances of landing a big time player in 2012.

moneyg

Starter
How, my man, are we going to sign Chris Paul, when with Carmelo and STAT we will be over the cap and the only real contract coming off the books is Feltons $7 million? Are we going to give Felton $7 mil?

I understand you would rather melo, STAT and trash than what we have now. But if we get Melo Stat and trash that is ALL we will have, never having the chance to add more significant pieces and make a finals. So if you are happy with the #4-5 seed yearly, then that's fine. Better than what we have now, but not competing for a title, ever.

thats why u have to trade turiaf to orlando for a pick and trade gallo..to free up cap space.... u might have to get role players on a one year deal then reup with D wil or CP3 in 2012

i rather do that..

i can wait

one thing i cant wait for.... is the possibility of our current role players becoming allstars ......when melo is young, proven and guaranteed

KBlack25

Starter
thats why u have to trade turiaf to orlando for a pick and trade gallo..to free up cap space.... u might have to get role players on a one year deal then reup with D wil or CP3 in 2012

i rather do that..

i can wait

one thing i cant wait for.... is the possibility of our current role players becoming allstars ......when melo is young, proven and guaranteed

Why trade Turiaf? He expires this year, that $4 million will come off the books, along with the $11 million for Curry and $3 million for Az giving us the free $17 million to sign Melo if we wait to free agency. If we trade for him now only the Turiaf and Az contracts will be left, we will have $7 million to fill a ton of spots.

We won't have the room to sign Deron or CP3 because of the way the contracts work, we likely will have to trade assets for them, allowing us to get over the cap and retain bird rights on CP3 and Deron to sign them over the cap. But if we blow all our assets now, not enough $ will be freed up in 2012 to get us 17 mil under the cap to make a legit offer to CP3.

The diatribe against my OP is that we should trade everything for Melo now and then sign CP3 or whomever in free agency the year after. But we won't be enough under the cap in order to be able to do that, we are going to have to trade for another big-time superstar. So you are all preaching the impossible.

Last edited:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Why trade Turiaf? He expires this year, that $4 million will come off the books, along with the $11 million for Curry and $3 million for Az giving us the free $17 million to sign Melo if we wait to free agency. If we trade for him now only the Turiaf and Az contracts will be left, we will have $7 million to fill a ton of spots.

We won't have the room to sign Deron or CP3 because of the way the contracts work, we likely will have to trade assets for them, allowing us to get over the cap and retain bird rights on CP3 and Deron to sign them over the cap. But if we blow all our assets now, not enough $ will be freed up in 2012 to get us 17 mil under the cap to make a legit offer to CP3.

The diatribe against my OP is that we should trade everything for Melo now and then sign CP3 or whomever in free agency the year after. But we won't be enough under the cap in order to be able to do that, we are going to have to trade for another big-time superstar. So you are all preaching the impossible.

if we trade "everybody" like u say, then thats plenty of cap relief. plus we wont be trading for paul, we'd be signing him as a FA

KingofNy

Starter
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4l8thfq

This trade would be ideal for us and pretty much all teams involved and it works salary wise.

We get:

Carmelo Anthony
Steve Nash

Denver Gets:
Ray Felton
Gallo
Josh Childress

Phoenix Gets:
Chandler
Eddy Curry
AR

Tell me this wouldn't work for all teams involved? Phoenix knows deep down Nash wants to have a chance to win a championship and his contract would end right around the same time we would be gunning for CP3. I know this is a dream but it would be nice and it is realistic IMO.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Chandler, Galo and Fields... Call me crazy but I am not trading all three of them for Melo. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I would be willing to offer two of the three along with Curry's expiring contract and some other bench player or two. If I'm the knicks and you have to get rid of two of them, getting rid of Galo and Chandler makes the most sense to me. Galo because he plays the same position as Melo, and Chandler because I think fields has more potential. I have a sneaky suspicion that the Knicks are offering all fo them but that Denver still isn't accepting lol. Jeez do they want Felton too?

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4l8thfq

This trade would be ideal for us and pretty much all teams involved and it works salary wise.

We get:

Carmelo Anthony
Steve Nash

Denver Gets:
Ray Felton
Gallo
Josh Childress

Phoenix Gets:
Chandler
Eddy Curry
AR

Tell me this wouldn't work for all teams involved? Phoenix knows deep down Nash wants to have a chance to win a championship and his contract would end right around the same time we would be gunning for CP3. I know this is a dream but it would be nice and it is realistic IMO.

That trade makes a lot of sense for the Knicks and Denver, but makes no sense for Phoenix at all.

la2ny

Starter
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=45ztk2a

This is my ideal trade scenario. I also think this is pretty much as good as it gets to even for all sides. Pretty realistic too.

Denver gets: 3 potential filled players in Hasheem,Danillo, and Wilson, cap relief in Eddy Curry and sending Al to Memphis.

Memphis gets: Help in their playoff push in Al Harrington, rid themselfs of Thabeet, and cap relief in Azubuike.

Minnesota gets: Their prized Meal-Ticket and cap relief

New York gets: Everything they need lol. Backup big in Chris "Birdman" Anderson, Backup point guard in Sebastian Telfair, Go-to-Scorer from the wing in Carmelo, and legitimate starter or 6th man in versatile combo guard O.J. Mayo

EDIT: Oh btw, is that blowing the team up Kblack? We'd be technically loosing only 2 players.