Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54

Thread: Do NOT Blow Up This Team for Melo

  1. #16
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This trade works...I would be more for this because we would next year have a $13 million trade chip in Billups next season, helping us retain cap flexibility and gives us the ability to make one more move next year.

    However, I fear Billups literally collapsing on the floor b/c of the up-and-down pace of D'Antoni.

  2. #17
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I think this is easily as achievable as the deadline wanes.

  3. #18
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This trade works...I would be more for this because we would next year have a $13 million trade chip in Billups next season, helping us retain cap flexibility and gives us the ability to make one more move next year.

    However, I fear Billups literally collapsing on the floor b/c of the up-and-down pace of D'Antoni.
    This is the trade i am talking about Kblack...... i wouldnt give up 4 of our 5 starters for just Melo, they definetly gotta add Billups or Lawson!

  4. #19
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    This is the trade i am talking about Kblack...... i wouldnt give up 4 of our 5 starters for just Melo, they definetly gotta add Billups or Lawson!
    That's all I was really trying to say. If we trade 4 guys we can't just get Melo in return, we need something that we can use, something tradeable.

  5. #20
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    no. you do pretty much whatever it takes to get melo. as long as you dont give up more than 4 or 5 people and as long as you dont get rid of stoudemire. its obvious teams need at least 2 superstars to win titles..you get the superstars AND THEN you get the role players to encompass them. not the other way around! you dont get the role players first and then throw a start into the mix. if the knicks arent trying viciously to get this deal done, their judgement is MORTALLY impaired.

    and theres no excuse to not get him. this is totally different than lebron. melo has made it 100% crystal clear that he wants to play in his HOMELAND in the basketball mecca. lebron always maliciously beat around the bush when he would praise ny so he could get ny excited. melo, however, is making it SPARKLING CLEAR. and we have no excuse to not get him.

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I'll do it, just give me the dynamite....

  7. #22
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    This team WILL NOT be worse then before. 2 top scorers in the Nba. Idc what anybody says. Were a .500 team now i guarentee we will be better then .500 with Melo. I know some of u guys have little gay feelings towards these guys but its time to make moves b. Agreed with sprewellhouston
    lmaaoo yo ***** where u been

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I think this is easily as achievable as the deadline wanes.

    sounds good but im sure were gonna have to throw in a pick and maybe fields... but id still do it...

  9. #24
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    sounds good but im sure were gonna have to throw in a pick and maybe fields... but id still do it...
    can you believe melo is getting about 17 mil for 2 seasons and curry is getting about 11 mil for 1 season? smh isiah

  10. #25
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    ^^this trade would be an absolute WIN for us

  11. #26
    Member knicksman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    Having 2 dominant scorers makes teams prepare for and play defense against both of them. Instead of the way they do us now by doubling STAT and letting us miss our 3's. Make them work harder playing defense and they will be more inclined to breakdown offensively. It works im telling you. Just watch what happens to the Knicks when teams slow the game down then double the crap out of STAT.
    Originally Posted by Hayato
    no. you do pretty much whatever it takes to get melo. as long as you dont give up more than 4 or 5 people and as long as you dont get rid of stoudemire. its obvious teams need at least 2 superstars to win titles..you get the superstars AND THEN you get the role players to encompass them. not the other way around! you dont get the role players first and then throw a start into the mix. if the knicks arent trying viciously to get this deal done, their judgement is MORTALLY impaired.

    and theres no excuse to not get him. this is totally different than lebron. melo has made it 100% crystal clear that he wants to play in his HOMELAND in the basketball mecca. lebron always maliciously beat around the bush when he would praise ny so he could get ny excited. melo, however, is making it SPARKLING CLEAR. and we have no excuse to not get him.
    Great points! Melo & Amare on the team gives whatever role players we have left way more opportunities for easy buckets. To emphasize what was already said, role players like Gallo & Chandler are easier to sign than legitimate super stars. When you have great chance of landing one you go after him. With two stars on the team, we'll be able to attract the necessary role players we need. As in the case of Miami, players/vet role players will sign for less knowing their chances of going deep in the playoffs is higher; not to mention the big market & exposure NY is.

  12. #27
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Nobody is talking about a title or even Conference Final run this season!

    It takes more than just Melo to turn us into a contender. We all know that.

    Donnie Walsh knows it. That's why the plan has always been to get 3 stars for this franchise. It seems to be the only way to win trophys these times.

    Boston (07-08): Garnett, Pierce, Allen, great role players (Perckins etc.)

    LA (08-09, 09-10): Kobe, Gasol, Odom, great role players (Ariza, Fisher, Bynum, Artest)

    Miami (10-11) ??? : Wade, Lebitch, Bosh.

    You can't touch gold unless you got 3 legit stars or 2 legit stars and a ton of All stars to support them.

    Our dream and plan is to get STAT, Melo and Chris Paul. Then pick up a few trophy hungry role players and we're in the mix to get a ring.

    Fields is good, but nothing more than a role player. Very useful on a championship caliber team, but you need to get the star players first. If he is the key to get Melo we must let him go.

    Chandler is a very strange guy. Sometimes he plays like an MIP or 6th man oty contender, sometimes he plays like he shouldn't even be in this league. Plus his lack of emotion is very irritating. Useful player, but you can get someone like him every summer via draft or free agency.

    Randolph is just a huge bust imo. You can teach defense, shooting, rebounding etc - when a player has the right mindset. Randolph is either a very dumb fella or his mindset is soft as hell, either way he doesn't belong in this league.

    Gallo has improved lately, but his shooting and shot selection are still terrible most of the time. His driving to the basket has been sensational as of late, but he'll demand a huge contract in two years time and I'm not ready to give him one, when we could spend the mega bucks on CP3, D_Will or Superman instead.
    Actually the plan was the get two stars. This whole "we need three stars" is because Miami copied the Celtics by getting three stars however unlike the Celtics Miami's stars are in their prime...... Anyway the goal originally was to get Lebron and have Bosh or Amare be the number 2 scorer in the post. We even drafted guys like Fields and Rautins because we figured Fields would do the glue work since Lebron would score and Rautins could develop into a spot on scorer point guard since Lebron could do most of the Point Guard distribution himself. Now since Lebron is in Miami and CP3 gave a toast (that in hindsight I feel set up this whole we don't want to work with the Knicks strategy of Nuggets) we as Fans have been hoping for a chance to have our own Big three.

    But we really need to be honest here setting up a big three in their primes is hard to do capwise. Until this playoff season is over we won't even be able to judge if a team of three elites and some role players/Garbage work players can compete for a chip. Also if the league create a franchise tag or alters the MLE (be removing it or making it available only once every two years) the Heat and teams like them are screwed. Now don't get me wrong I realize you got to make that deal to get Melo because if we get him that opens up more moves for us. But you can't give them all away their is no guarantee that the Knicks will be able to replace them with workable pieces, and the way the new contracts are going to be built there is not guarantee that we could even if we wanted make a big three.

  13. #28
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Nobody is arguing that role players are harder to get than superstars, that is an idiotic argument.

    But if we trade all our pieces in one shot for Carmelo, we will be plucking from the bottom of the barrel for roleplayers, we won't have the $ to even sign Raymond Felton-level players. We will be stuck with a team of a ton of Roger Mason Jr.-type guys. If we had LeBron-Wade-Bosh maybe that would work, but Carmelo-STAT-Garbage Role players isn't half as good as Wade-James-Bosh-Garbage Role Players. If we trade all our guys just for Melo and get nothing else that is tradeable back, you can forget about D12 or CP3.

  14. #29
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Nobody is arguing that role players are harder to get than superstars, that is an idiotic argument.

    But if we trade all our pieces in one shot for Carmelo, we will be plucking from the bottom of the barrel for roleplayers, we won't have the $ to even sign Raymond Felton-level players.
    relax. we'd probably be trading 2 guys who start for us and then some back ups..

    your fear of breaking up the family is hilarious. we SUCK. theres no reason to be apprehensive if we trade some guys for melo. we're a garbage team right now and getting a superstar like melo is imperative. we'll have role players GOOD ENOUGH to play alongside stat and melo..plus if we trade away "everybody" like you say then thats a lot of money comin off the books isnt it? plus we'd be SIGNING chris paul, not trading for him

    hell, curry is getting paid 11 mil for this season alone

    PS:
    id rather have melo, stat, and "garbage" role players than stat and a bunch of below average role players stinkin up the joint (which is what we have right now)

  15. #30
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hayato
    relax. we'd probably be trading 2 guys who start for us and then some back ups..

    your fear of breaking up the family is hilarious. we SUCK. theres no reason to be apprehensive if we trade some guys for melo. we're a garbage team right now and getting a superstar like melo is imperative. we'll have role players GOOD ENOUGH to play alongside stat and melo..plus if we trade away "everybody" like you say then thats a lot of money comin off the books isnt it? plus we'd be SIGNING chris paul, not trading for him

    hell, curry is getting paid 11 mil for this season alone

    PS:
    id rather have melo, stat, and "garbage" role players than stat and a bunch of below average role players stinkin up the joint (which is what we have right now)
    How, my man, are we going to sign Chris Paul, when with Carmelo and STAT we will be over the cap and the only real contract coming off the books is Feltons $7 million? Are we going to give Felton $7 mil?

    I understand you would rather melo, STAT and trash than what we have now. But if we get Melo Stat and trash that is ALL we will have, never having the chance to add more significant pieces and make a finals. So if you are happy with the #4-5 seed yearly, then that's fine. Better than what we have now, but not competing for a title, ever.

Similar Threads

  1. Fire D'antoni!!!
    By johnstarky in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2012, 15:42
  2. disgusting!
    By NYKChevy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2010, 11:33
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2008, 10:35
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  5. Dream Team
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2003, 11:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •