Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Thread: Do NOT Blow Up This Team for Melo

  1. #31
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hayato
    relax. we'd probably be trading 2 guys who start for us and then some back ups..

    your fear of breaking up the family is hilarious. we SUCK. theres no reason to be apprehensive if we trade some guys for melo. we're a garbage team right now and getting a superstar like melo is imperative. we'll have role players GOOD ENOUGH to play alongside stat and melo..plus if we trade away "everybody" like you say then thats a lot of money comin off the books isnt it? plus we'd be SIGNING chris paul, not trading for him

    hell, curry is getting paid 11 mil for this season alone

    PS:
    id rather have melo, stat, and "garbage" role players than stat and a bunch of below average role players stinkin up the joint (which is what we have right now)
    We will be trading 3 guys who have started games for us this year, 1 of which has become our #6 guy. And I said over and over, if we get back role players that fill a need I am fine with it. But straight up for Melo destroys our depth AND chances of landing a big time player in 2012.

  2. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    How, my man, are we going to sign Chris Paul, when with Carmelo and STAT we will be over the cap and the only real contract coming off the books is Feltons $7 million? Are we going to give Felton $7 mil?

    I understand you would rather melo, STAT and trash than what we have now. But if we get Melo Stat and trash that is ALL we will have, never having the chance to add more significant pieces and make a finals. So if you are happy with the #4-5 seed yearly, then that's fine. Better than what we have now, but not competing for a title, ever.

    thats why u have to trade turiaf to orlando for a pick and trade gallo..to free up cap space.... u might have to get role players on a one year deal then reup with D wil or CP3 in 2012

    i rather do that..

    i can wait

    one thing i cant wait for.... is the possibility of our current role players becoming allstars ......when melo is young, proven and guaranteed

  3. #33
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    thats why u have to trade turiaf to orlando for a pick and trade gallo..to free up cap space.... u might have to get role players on a one year deal then reup with D wil or CP3 in 2012

    i rather do that..

    i can wait

    one thing i cant wait for.... is the possibility of our current role players becoming allstars ......when melo is young, proven and guaranteed
    Why trade Turiaf? He expires this year, that $4 million will come off the books, along with the $11 million for Curry and $3 million for Az giving us the free $17 million to sign Melo if we wait to free agency. If we trade for him now only the Turiaf and Az contracts will be left, we will have $7 million to fill a ton of spots.

    We won't have the room to sign Deron or CP3 because of the way the contracts work, we likely will have to trade assets for them, allowing us to get over the cap and retain bird rights on CP3 and Deron to sign them over the cap. But if we blow all our assets now, not enough $ will be freed up in 2012 to get us 17 mil under the cap to make a legit offer to CP3.

    The diatribe against my OP is that we should trade everything for Melo now and then sign CP3 or whomever in free agency the year after. But we won't be enough under the cap in order to be able to do that, we are going to have to trade for another big-time superstar. So you are all preaching the impossible.
    Last edited by KBlack25; Feb 12, 2011 at 15:07.

  4. #34
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    That's all I was really trying to say. If we trade 4 guys we can't just get Melo in return, we need something that we can use, something tradeable.
    Agreed .

  5. #35
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Why trade Turiaf? He expires this year, that $4 million will come off the books, along with the $11 million for Curry and $3 million for Az giving us the free $17 million to sign Melo if we wait to free agency. If we trade for him now only the Turiaf and Az contracts will be left, we will have $7 million to fill a ton of spots.

    We won't have the room to sign Deron or CP3 because of the way the contracts work, we likely will have to trade assets for them, allowing us to get over the cap and retain bird rights on CP3 and Deron to sign them over the cap. But if we blow all our assets now, not enough $ will be freed up in 2012 to get us 17 mil under the cap to make a legit offer to CP3.

    The diatribe against my OP is that we should trade everything for Melo now and then sign CP3 or whomever in free agency the year after. But we won't be enough under the cap in order to be able to do that, we are going to have to trade for another big-time superstar. So you are all preaching the impossible.
    if we trade "everybody" like u say, then thats plenty of cap relief. plus we wont be trading for paul, we'd be signing him as a FA

  6. #36
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This trade would be ideal for us and pretty much all teams involved and it works salary wise.

    We get:

    Carmelo Anthony
    Steve Nash

    Denver Gets:
    Ray Felton
    Gallo
    Josh Childress

    Phoenix Gets:
    Chandler
    Eddy Curry
    AR

    Tell me this wouldn't work for all teams involved? Phoenix knows deep down Nash wants to have a chance to win a championship and his contract would end right around the same time we would be gunning for CP3. I know this is a dream but it would be nice and it is realistic IMO.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Chandler, Galo and Fields... Call me crazy but I am not trading all three of them for Melo. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I would be willing to offer two of the three along with Curry's expiring contract and some other bench player or two. If I'm the knicks and you have to get rid of two of them, getting rid of Galo and Chandler makes the most sense to me. Galo because he plays the same position as Melo, and Chandler because I think fields has more potential. I have a sneaky suspicion that the Knicks are offering all fo them but that Denver still isn't accepting lol. Jeez do they want Felton too?

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This trade would be ideal for us and pretty much all teams involved and it works salary wise.

    We get:

    Carmelo Anthony
    Steve Nash

    Denver Gets:
    Ray Felton
    Gallo
    Josh Childress

    Phoenix Gets:
    Chandler
    Eddy Curry
    AR

    Tell me this wouldn't work for all teams involved? Phoenix knows deep down Nash wants to have a chance to win a championship and his contract would end right around the same time we would be gunning for CP3. I know this is a dream but it would be nice and it is realistic IMO.

    That trade makes a lot of sense for the Knicks and Denver, but makes no sense for Phoenix at all.

  9. #39
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dario8676
    That trade makes a lot of sense for the Knicks and Denver, but makes no sense for Phoenix at all.
    Maybe if they want Dragic to take over??

  10. #40
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This is my ideal trade scenario. I also think this is pretty much as good as it gets to even for all sides. Pretty realistic too.

    Denver gets: 3 potential filled players in Hasheem,Danillo, and Wilson, cap relief in Eddy Curry and sending Al to Memphis.

    Memphis gets: Help in their playoff push in Al Harrington, rid themselfs of Thabeet, and cap relief in Azubuike.

    Minnesota gets: Their prized Meal-Ticket and cap relief

    New York gets: Everything they need lol. Backup big in Chris "Birdman" Anderson, Backup point guard in Sebastian Telfair, Go-to-Scorer from the wing in Carmelo, and legitimate starter or 6th man in versatile combo guard O.J. Mayo

    EDIT: Oh btw, is that blowing the team up Kblack? We'd be technically loosing only 2 players.

  11. #41
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This is my ideal trade scenario. I also think this is pretty much as good as it gets to even for all sides. Pretty realistic too.

    Denver gets: 3 potential filled players in Hasheem,Danillo, and Wilson, cap relief in Eddy Curry and sending Al to Memphis.

    Memphis gets: Help in their playoff push in Al Harrington, rid themselfs of Thabeet, and cap relief in Azubuike.

    Minnesota gets: Their prized Meal-Ticket and cap relief

    New York gets: Everything they need lol. Backup big in Chris "Birdman" Anderson, Backup point guard in Sebastian Telfair, Go-to-Scorer from the wing in Carmelo, and legitimate starter or 6th man in versatile combo guard O.J. Mayo

    EDIT: Oh btw, is that blowing the team up Kblack? We'd be technically loosing only 2 players.
    That is sweet! But I have to poo on it. No way Memphis takes on Harrington. Memphis are one of the more likely teams to be involved in a potential league contraction, and are, if anything, an average team strapped for cash.

    Nobody wants Al's contract, and our new chief of personnel, Warkentien, shouldn't have given it to him.

  12. #42
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    That is sweet! But I have to poo on it. No way Memphis takes on Harrington. Memphis are one of the more likely teams to be involved in a potential league contraction, and are, if anything, an average team strapped for cash.

    Nobody wants Al's contract, and our new chief of personnel, Warkentien, shouldn't have given it to him.
    Yeah I figured that would be the only thing stopping that from being reality. I figured since Memphis is definetly in the playoff push they'd want another vet to get them over the proverbial "hump". They def need some consistency off the bench at backup PF.

    I will go back and edit! lol.

  13. #43
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Ok now again same trade minus Thabeet and Harrington. Also added in Rautins as a cheap shooter to enitce Memphis.

    Denver:Curry,Chandler,Gallo,Minny 1st
    Memphis:Rautins,Azubuike,Denver 2nd
    Minnesota:Randolph,Mason
    New York:Melo,Anderson,Mayo,Telfair

    Edit: Check those salaries we'd take back! Other than Melo, Stat, Mozgov, and Birdman, We would have nothing but free roster space and moola!
    Last edited by la2ny; Feb 12, 2011 at 21:54.

  14. #44
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dario8676
    That trade makes a lot of sense for the Knicks and Denver, but makes no sense for Phoenix at all.
    It works for Phoenix because they can get some cap relief which they badly need because they're not going anywhere and are rebuilding.

  15. #45
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Maybe if they want Dragic to take over??
    Exactly. He is turning out to be pretty good. He's learned a lot from Nash and I see him as their next starting PG whenever Nash leaves.

Similar Threads

  1. Fire D'antoni!!!
    By johnstarky in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2012, 15:42
  2. disgusting!
    By NYKChevy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2010, 11:33
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2008, 10:35
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  5. Dream Team
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2003, 11:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •