Do NOT Blow Up This Team for Melo

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=45ztk2a

This is my ideal trade scenario. I also think this is pretty much as good as it gets to even for all sides. Pretty realistic too.

Denver gets: 3 potential filled players in Hasheem,Danillo, and Wilson, cap relief in Eddy Curry and sending Al to Memphis.

Memphis gets: Help in their playoff push in Al Harrington, rid themselfs of Thabeet, and cap relief in Azubuike.

Minnesota gets: Their prized Meal-Ticket and cap relief

New York gets: Everything they need lol. Backup big in Chris "Birdman" Anderson, Backup point guard in Sebastian Telfair, Go-to-Scorer from the wing in Carmelo, and legitimate starter or 6th man in versatile combo guard O.J. Mayo

EDIT: Oh btw, is that blowing the team up Kblack? We'd be technically loosing only 2 players.

That is sweet! But I have to poo on it. No way Memphis takes on Harrington. Memphis are one of the more likely teams to be involved in a potential league contraction, and are, if anything, an average team strapped for cash.

Nobody wants Al's contract, and our new chief of personnel, Warkentien, shouldn't have given it to him.

la2ny

Starter
That is sweet! But I have to poo on it. No way Memphis takes on Harrington. Memphis are one of the more likely teams to be involved in a potential league contraction, and are, if anything, an average team strapped for cash.

Nobody wants Al's contract, and our new chief of personnel, Warkentien, shouldn't have given it to him.
Yeah I figured that would be the only thing stopping that from being reality. I figured since Memphis is definetly in the playoff push they'd want another vet to get them over the proverbial "hump". They def need some consistency off the bench at backup PF.

I will go back and edit! lol.

la2ny

Starter
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4v3r5xz

Ok now again same trade minus Thabeet and Harrington. Also added in Rautins as a cheap shooter to enitce Memphis.

Denver:Curry,Chandler,Gallo,Minny 1st
Memphis:Rautins,Azubuike,Denver 2nd
Minnesota:Randolph,Mason
New York:Melo,Anderson,Mayo,Telfair

Edit: Check those salaries we'd take back! Other than Melo, Stat, Mozgov, and Birdman, We would have nothing but free roster space and moola!

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter
Chandler, Galo and Fields... Call me crazy but I am not trading all three of them for Melo. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I would be willing to offer two of the three along with Curry's expiring contract and some other bench player or two. If I'm the knicks and you have to get rid of two of them, getting rid of Galo and Chandler makes the most sense to me. Galo because he plays the same position as Melo, and Chandler because I think fields has more potential. I have a sneaky suspicion that the Knicks are offering all fo them but that Denver still isn't accepting lol. Jeez do they want Felton too?

You're probably right... I have a feeling we upped our offer by a lot compared to the original offer and they're still not budging.

I think Denver honestly still thinks that Melo is going to sign the extension even though Melo said he was thinking about it just to get us to up our offer and trade for him now. I highly doubt Denver trades Melo to anyone. They're going to end up like Cleveland... Just wait and see...

KBlack25

Starter
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=45ztk2a

This is my ideal trade scenario. I also think this is pretty much as good as it gets to even for all sides. Pretty realistic too.

Denver gets: 3 potential filled players in Hasheem,Danillo, and Wilson, cap relief in Eddy Curry and sending Al to Memphis.

Memphis gets: Help in their playoff push in Al Harrington, rid themselfs of Thabeet, and cap relief in Azubuike.

Minnesota gets: Their prized Meal-Ticket and cap relief

New York gets: Everything they need lol. Backup big in Chris "Birdman" Anderson, Backup point guard in Sebastian Telfair, Go-to-Scorer from the wing in Carmelo, and legitimate starter or 6th man in versatile combo guard O.J. Mayo

EDIT: Oh btw, is that blowing the team up Kblack? We'd be technically loosing only 2 players.

Not at all...

The OP is about giving up everyone just for Melo. Doing that makes no sense unless we get back usable pieces. Your trade does that.

la2ny

Starter
Not at all...

The OP is about giving up everyone just for Melo. Doing that makes no sense unless we get back usable pieces. Your trade does that.
Yeah I've been in the give up who you have 2 camp but, even I know if we do that we have to get more than him back.

W/ Den. wanting to shed salary I figured why not Birdman. Him and Ronny, when healthy, off the bench would give no easy baskets off the bench. Telfair and Mayo I figured were expendable by their respectable clubs and we'd be able to snatch them up easy, if I had to choose though I'd see If Memphis wanted Randolph for Mayo because Mayo can play the backup point. He'd create lots of mismatches for point men and could reach his potential here and become a legit 3rd or 4th option on offense.

Lastly as I said before, If Detroit finally decided to buyout Rip he'd be a great pickup for the stretch run and playoffs.

Felton
Hamilton
Melo
Stoudemire
Mozgov

6th man
Mayo

Bench
Fields
Anderson
Turiaf
Williams
Douglas
Walker

We would be so f'in deep compared to now.

This is the type of team that people wouldn't be happy to play in the playoffs. And if this squad was rolling at just the right time, they could make a run for the Conference Finals this year depending on seedings.

Markutis

Benchwarmer

So we let go 6 players in exchange for 3? Aren't we short enough? Giving Chandler, Gallo, Randolph and Curry for Melo is too much but adding a full PG swap makes it worth it? Billups and Telfair? Really? A super veteran that wants to retire if he doesn't play in Denver and the backup-backup PG of the third worst team in the league? Who's gonna play PG next season? Mike D'Antoni?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

A swell trade! What's yet to be considered in any scenarios is the fact that by trading 4 or 5 for 1, as above, we'll have a roster UNDER the league minimum of 13 active players.

NBA teams are required to have 12 players on their Active List and to have a minimum of 8 players on the bench for all regular season games. 13 players including 1 on the inactive list.

So who's lucky 13?

PEJ?

Yes please.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Denver already turned down this offer and they and their fans would rather take their chances on Melo signing with them then to let him go for our trash.

Good, I hope he ends up leaving at the end of the season and they get nothing for him.