Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What has Damntoni Done?

Originally Posted by Toons
    stupid thread.

THIS IS NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM. WE ARE INCOMPLETE. I DONT CARE IF JESUS THE CHRIST HIMSELF WAS COACH, WITH PHIL AND POP AS ASSISTANTS, THE KNICKS STILL WILL NOT WIN A RING WITH ITS CURRENT ROSTER.

SMH

YOU GUYS ARE DUMB.

So the Lakers would never win a ring with dantoni as coach? or boston? i cant wait to see the system when eveything is in place.

The system isnt flawed, the players are
    Boston would NEVER win a championship with D'antoni as a coach,Boston is a defensive minded team and D'antoni doesn't know anything about defense.D'antoni's system is basically ignore defense score 120 points.Nate McMillan is a good coach because even though his team is plagued with injuries they still have a better record than us.Offense sells tickets,Defense wins championships.

Superstar

To show you how poor of a coach D'Antoni is, I say you need to look no further than the coaching capabilities of Tom Thibodeau. The man has his own legitimate MVP candidate in Derrek Rose, just like us, but his team has been plagued by injuries. Noah and Boozer have only played 9 games together, yet, they are right behind the Miami Heat for the second best team in the East.

The Bull's injured roster is not that much better than ours. HOWEVER, defense is what rules the NBA, and Tommy knows how to coach defense.

Now I know a bunch of you D'Antoni fanatics (lovable bunch that you are) are going to scream we beat the Bulls twice... but, I will have you at least contemplate the fact that we match up pretty well with that team, and it is highly unlikely we would win a 7 game series against them.

I like Jeff Van Gundy as a coach. I think the Knicks should bring him back with Patrick Ewing as an assistant. If they truly believe that Mozgov has something in him then bring in PE to mentor the kid.

Originally Posted by cathaytrader
    I like Jeff Van Gundy as a coach. I think the Knicks should bring him back with Patrick Ewing as an assistant. If they truly believe that Mozgov has something in him then bring in PE to mentor the kid.
    I hear things like this all the time.

Bring back JVG

Bring in this guy

Bring in that guy

Bring in whomever

And nobody, not a one has ever considered that maybe JVG, guy x, y, z, a, b, c don't want to work for our insane owner...Maybe those guys DON'T want to be here...so we would be firing D'Antoni, paying his last year of salary, looking for a coach on a budget, having the team adjust to an entirely new system and philosophy, with 0 guarantee that we get anyone remotely better, that we even GET JVG (who would be better) because why on earth would JVG want to come back to work with our crazy owner, who was likely part of the reason he left in the first place?

The OWNER has to change before our coaching situation gets any better.

Totally agree....any Van Gundy at this point

Originally Posted by cathaytrader

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I hear things like this all the time.

Bring back JVG

Bring in this guy

Bring in that guy

Bring in whomever

And nobody, not a one has ever considered that maybe JVG, guy x, y, z, a, b, c don't want to work for our insane owner...Maybe those guys DON'T want to be here...so we would be firing D'Antoni, paying his last year of salary, looking for a coach on a budget, having the team adjust to an entirely new system and philosophy, with 0 guarantee that we get anyone remotely better, that we even GET JVG (who would be better) because why on earth would JVG want to come back to work with our crazy owner, who was likely part of the reason he left in the first place?

The OWNER has to change before our coaching situation gets any better.
    0 guarantee that we get anyone remotely better??Mike D'antoni isn't an offensive genius,any defensive minded coach would be better than D'antoni and would make the players way better.just look at bulls.

What coach do you have in mind? The 12 wins in a season coach? Unless it's Sloan. We'll be downgrading...

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    0 guarantee that we get anyone remotely better??Mike D'antoni isn't an offensive genius,any defensive minded coach would be better than D'antoni and would make the players way better.just look at bulls.
    So it is 100% guaranteed we would get a defensive minded coach? Really, 100% guaranteed that our owner who still talks to Isiah Thomas, the biggest stain on this team in the past decade, and seriously considered bringing him back, would bring in a better coach?

Superstar

So it is 100% guaranteed we would get a defensive minded coach? Really, 100% guaranteed that our owner who still talks to Isiah Thomas, the biggest stain on this team in the past decade, and seriously considered bringing him back, would bring in a better coach?
    I think he's just saying we need a better coach. I don't think specific names are needed.

Originally Posted by MusketeerX
    I think he's just saying we need a better coach. I don't think specific names are needed.
    That's not what he said.

And yes, if you make a suggestion, like fire the coach and hire someone else, then don't half ass the **** and actually follow through making a coherent and realistic argument.

Oh the argument of D'Antoni needing to go is very coherent and very realistic. I don't think you necessarily have to name someone else. Recognizing that a change needs to take place and knowing exactly who and what's going to fit is two different things. Sure you can project and make assumptions based on what diff coaches bring to the table, but that has nothing to do with the fact that the guy who sees 1-12 from 3-point range in 17-18mins as acceptable...CAN. NOT. remain the leader of this team going forward....that is if we're looking to win a title and not just become a perennial playoff loser.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Oh the argument of D'Antoni needing to go is very coherent and very realistic. I don't think you necessarily have to name someone else. Recognizing that a change needs to take place and knowing exactly who and what's going to fit is two different things. Sure you can project and make assumptions based on what diff coaches bring to the table, but that has nothing to do with the fact that the guy who sees 1-12 from 3-point range in 17-18mins as acceptable...CAN. NOT. remain the leader of this team going forward....that is if we're looking to win a title and not just become a perennial playoff loser.
    And if you are going to make the argument, bring me names of guys that can be better. No, Herb Williams is not better.

The argument is coherent for D'Antoni to go, but until you factor in the fact that our owner, James Dolan, might be clinically retarded and the fact that he has never hired a coach that has lasted very long, and the fact that he is talking to Isiah, until you can come with a coherent argument that James Dolan will not fire D'Antoni, and being forced to pay two coaches, will not cheap out and/or hire someone worse, then the argument is irrelevant.

Superstar

And if you are going to make the argument, bring me names of guys that can be better. No, Herb Williams is not better.

The argument is coherent for D'Antoni to go, but until you factor in the fact that our owner, James Dolan, might be clinically retarded and the fact that he has never hired a coach that has lasted very long, and the fact that he is talking to Isiah, until you can come with a coherent argument that James Dolan will not fire D'Antoni, and being forced to pay two coaches, will not cheap out and/or hire someone worse, then the argument is irrelevant.
    I disagree completely. I'm certain there are many qualified coaches out there that can do a better job than MDA. Someone brought the assistant coach from Portland thread, for instance. JVG would be great too. The truth of the matter all of that is speculation -- will they come, can they come; will Dolan make an acceptable choice (or is that a Donnie Walsh decision?).

What isn't speculation, however, is that we need a new coach. What I would give for a coach like Tom Thibodeau. Someone that mirrors his style of coaching would be sufficient -- team coach and defensive mastermind that also runs great offensive sets.

Mike D'antoni is probably the worst and most overrated coach that the Knicks have had in the last two decades.He makes Isiah Thomas look like Red Holzman.Seriously, even Sidney Lowe couldn't coach a team which has Amar'e Stoudemire, Ray Felton, and Wilson Chandler to lose to the Cavaliers, Clippers, Kings and Warriors all in one season.The Knicks would probably win more games being coached by one of the MSG soda vendors than they would by celebrity coach D'antoni.

What surprises me the most is not that the Knicks have been underachievers since the arrival of D'antoni, but that Knick fans have yet to start a "Fire D'antoni" campaign around Penn Plaza.I don't understand why there are Knick fans that even love this guy.He couldn't coach a loving father to defend his children from a kidnapper.The Knicks won't make the playoffs if D'antoni is still coaching this team by season's end.They will collapse down the stretch like the Mets and G-men.If the Knicks miss the playoffs, do you really think that Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul or D-Will are going to want to play for a coach who can't coach his team to finish the season ahead in the standings to less talented teams like the Pacers and Bobcats?

I don't want to hear that the reason why the Knicks overall quality of play has dwindled is because their schedule hasn't been as easy as it was earlier in the season.When your team is getting blown out at home by a team that has only 3 road victories and a team that ends up stopping another teams' record setting losing streak, the coach has to be held accountable.I don't need to list this guy's flaws.They have already been listed by other posters in this thread.The Knicks falling below the five hundred mark should be the final straw for D'antoni's coaching career in NY.Please make D'antoni's firing a future possibility, Mr. James L. Dolan!
    Last edited by knicksin60; Feb 13, 2011 at 23:05.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Mike D'antoni is probably the worst and most overrated coach that the Knicks have had in the last two decades.He makes Isiah Thomas look like Red Holzman.
    Yikes. I stopped reading after this sentence, because whatever credibility you had died with the end of it. If this is really what you believe then I think you need to take a step back and reconsider your life. Isiah was the worst thing to happen to NY basketball since ever. Say what you want about D'Antoni, he isn't feuding with his best player, when he did feud with Marbury D'Antoni never went public (like Isiah), Isiah caused this team total and utter embarassment, he traded away picks like it was going out of style, had a sexual harassment suit.

D'Antoni could run over my dog, he would still be better than Isiah.
    Last edited by KBlack25; Feb 14, 2011 at 05:49.