What has Damntoni Done?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The verdict is in.

ARE you on drugs? 6th seed in the East means NOTHING!!!!!!!

BEHIND Bos, Mia, Chi, and Orl...

Mind as well say we made strides by having an allstar get voted on. In the grand scheme means nothing. Dont get it twisted.

2nd in ppg, 29th in opg. You think that's a coincidence? Really? One has nothing to do with the other? You, of all peple who can supposedly analyze objectively, haven't figured that out. Wow.

How much evidence do you need... on top of the fact it hasn't won given plenty of ample opportunity?

Wow, you know what, out of all the arguing and insults and whatever, you have yet to prove you can analyze objectively. You have yet to show you understand the limits and what needs changing.

That's insane, according to Einstein. All the evidence suggests

MDA is nothing more than an offensive coordinator. That's it. Again preaching and teaching are 2 different things. There is nothing with mda's defense to teach. Rotations.... seriously? Putting Jared Jeffries or Chandler on the opponents best player.... really?

If Mda was 1/2 the defensive coach he is offensive then maybe he has a shot at a chip.

And I am more than aware of MDA's (and the media, msg) increased usage of Defensive vernacular when being interviewed or on the sidelines. Its so obvious to me, he chooses spots to over emphasize defense to the viewing public, for his rep.

But I'll look at it like this, I don't think eveyone has the ability to see if defense is taught or spoken. I do, and when I see it I'll let you know.

Verdict is in and the 6th seed means nothing!? :teeth: You are silly! So answer me this...do we have a better roster than any of the teams ahead of us? Which one of those teams should we be ahead of if only we had a different coach?

It means a lot and is not a moral victory like an all-star birth as you suggest. It factually gives us a playoff birth and a chance at a chip. We were the 8th seed and made the finals so anything is possible. Probable? No, but possible! Further you are ignoring that we have a big gaping 14+ million dollar hole in our roster!

Further, you keep repeating this mantra of the difference between teaching and preaching defense pretending to have some insider information on what goes in practices that we all don't have. Now, you use the Kiyamanesque induction of D'ants inner motives and have concluded that his talk about defense is only for media consumption! :thumbsup:

Lets get a bit of prespective thats actually based on fact:

It’s worth noting that Jeffries was a bit of an anomaly: the only Knicks starter who was on the court purely for his defense. Coach Mike D’Antoni loved Jeffries’ length and his versatility – he could guard all five positions and switch on every pick-and-roll.

Jeffries, in fact, presents a strong counter-argument to those who contend that D’Antoni cares only about offense. Jeffries was easily the Knicks’ least skilled offensive player. Yet he started 37 of 52 games this season and was sixth in minutes per game (28.1). He led the Knicks in charges drawn.

What did JJ have to say?

I think that Mike’s a realist,’’ Jeffries said. “Defending, like anything else in the NBA, is a talent level. And you can’t have people that are not great defenders and expect them to be great defenders. Just like you can’t have people that aren’t great scorers and expect them to be great scorers. He put me out there to be a defender and he puts guys out there to be scorers. He does focus on defense, but if you don’t have defensive players, then you’re not going to be a great defensive team.’

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/22/jeffries-dantoni-cares-about-knicks-defense/

Check to the mate! He is backing up everything I have always said...it's the roster not the coach that will determine how good a team is on defense. You rather blame a system while ignore the roster that forced us to play small which in turn causes us to be out rebounded and give up more points as a result of the extra possessions.

You keep pretending to read minds and cling to a preformed "verdict" in spite of new information all you want but it does not fool me.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
There is so much here it is hard to parse out, but I do want to address that if we had a different coach it wouldn't solve our size problem. D'Antoni is the reason for that problem. He wants smaller teams for his offense. How many times have we seen him. Go small (First Lakers Game This Year) and get burned by it. This is how D'Antoni like his system, and he either has to change his mind or we are going to need a different coach to accept us more all-around plyers into the line-up.

D'ant started the year with Moz as the starting center so you are wrong. Who on the roster do you suggest he start when Turiaf is injured, Moz was a Russian rookie project only now showing any type of readiness and AR who is a perennial under achiever not yet ready for meaningful minutes on a team competing for the playoffs?

Red

TYPE-A
Verdict is in and the 6th seed means nothing!? :teeth: You are silly! So answer me this...do we have a better roster than any of the teams ahead of us? Which one of those teams should we be ahead of if only we had a different coach?

It means a lot and is not a moral victory like an all-star birth as you suggest. It factually gives us a playoff birth and a chance at a chip. We were the 8th seed and made the finals so anything is possible. Probable? No, but possible! Further you are ignoring that we have a big gaping 14+ million dollar hole in our roster!

Further, you keep repeating this mantra of the difference between teaching and preaching defense pretending to have some insider information on what goes in practices that we all don't have. Now, you use the Kiyamanesque induction of D'ants inner motives and have concluded that his talk about defense is only for media consumption! :thumbsup:

Lets get a bit of prespective thats actually based on fact:

What did JJ have to say?

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/22/jeffries-dantoni-cares-about-knicks-defense/

Check to the mate! He is backing up everything I have always said...it's the roster not the coach that will determine how good a team is on defense. You rather blame a system while ignore the roster that forced us to play small which in turn causes us to be out rebounded and give up more points as a result of the extra possessions.

You keep pretending to read minds and cling to a preformed "verdict" in spite of new information all you want but it does not fool me.

Ha.... show me a team who makes the playoffs w a losing record and I'll show you a loser.

The very definition of fools gold.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
D'ant started the year with Moz as the starting center so you are wrong. Who on the roster do you suggest he start when Turiaf is injured, Moz was a Russian rookie project only now showing any type of readiness and AR who is a perennial under achiever not yet ready for meaningful minutes on a team competing for the playoffs?

Mozgov was ready... look at Detroit. D'Antoni had no confidence in the kid and just didn't believe him to be. Antohny Randolph can't be an underacheiver if he never gets a chance to prove himself... the kid needs playing time to get better. Ronny did play that game. He was taken out of starting line-up by choice. He played 6 minutes.... Gallinari was injured.

Yes. You play your players. You need to sacrifice short term sometimes for the long term. MDA likes small teams... it is why he is always going to have an empty ring finger... our team is small b/c of the coach. Our team is a poor defensive team b/c of the coach. He likes offensive players over defensive.... we are in this position b/c of the coach.... not the players.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Ha.... show me a team who makes the playoffs w a losing record and I'll show you a loser.

The very definition of fools gold.

Dodge and deflect all you want but we factually have a WINNING record with 14 + million of our salary wasted on a burger eating trash bag. Further, I presented facts and quotes and you presented conspiracy theories and inferences of motive without a shred of proof!

Dude, you formed this opinion when we were 3-5 on November 12th! It's no wonder you have taken the idiotic stance that the 6th seed means nothing.

I also noticed that you failed to answer my direct questions so let me ask again:

Do we have a better roster than any of the teams ahead of us?

Which one of those teams should we be ahead of if only we had a different coach?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Mozgov was ready... look at Detroit. D'Antoni had no confidence in the kid and just didn't believe him to be. Antohny Randolph can't be an underacheiver if he never gets a chance to prove himself... the kid needs playing time to get better. Ronny did play that game. He was taken out of starting line-up by choice. He played 6 minutes.... Gallinari was injured.

Yes. You play your players. You need to sacrifice short term sometimes for the long term. MDA likes small teams... it is why he is always going to have an empty ring finger... our team is small b/c of the coach. Our team is a poor defensive team b/c of the coach. He likes offensive players over defensive.... we are in this position b/c of the coach.... not the players.

Stating something as true and proving your case are two different things. You are guilty of the first and have yet to try the second...

Dodge and deflect all you want but we factually have a WINNING record with 14 + million of our salary wasted on a burger eating trash bag. Further, I presented facts and quotes and you presented conspiracy theories and inferences of motive without a shred of proof!

Dude, you formed this opinion when we were 3-5 on November 12th! It's no wonder you have taken the idiotic stance that the 6th seed means nothing.

I also noticed that you failed to answer my direct questions so let me ask again:

Do we have a better roster than any of the teams ahead of us?

Which one of those teams should we be ahead of if only we had a different coach
?

We have a roster equal to the Atl. Hawks and at one point we were competing with them for the 5th seed but Damntoni's small ball and play starters 35+min finally caught up to us and we went on to drop 6 games in a row, 4 of which we had no business losing.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
We have a roster equal to the Atl. Hawks and at one point we were competing with them for the 5th seed but Damntoni's small ball and play starters 35+min finally caught up to us and we went on to drop 6 games in a row, 4 of which we had no business losing.

No we don't. They have multiple stars and Crawford our former starter as their 6th man. Further, they have played together as a team for years while we are new. Please, stop.

No we don't. They have multiple stars and Crawford our former starter as their 6th man. Further, they have played together as a team for years while we are new. Please, stop.

Felton>Bibby
Joe Johnson>Fields
Gallo>Marvin Williams
Amare>Josh Smith
Horford>Mozgov

Bench:
Chandler=Crawford
Douglas>Teague
Walker,Williams= Pachuila, Wilkens

How are they a better team again?With a no-nonsense coach we would have about 30wins already.How do you lose to the Cavs,Kings and Clippers? Small Ball is how

KBlack25

Starter
Felton>Bibby
Joe Johnson>Fields
Gallo>Marvin Williams
Amare>Josh Smith
Horford>Mozgov

Bench:
Chandler=Crawford
Douglas>Teague

How are they a better team again?With a no-nonsense coach we would have about 30wins already.How do you lose to the Cavs,Kings and Clippers? Small Ball is how

Because most of the major cogs of the Hawks have been playing together for the last 3 years as opposed to the last 40 games.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Felton>Bibby
Joe Johnson>Fields
Gallo>Marvin Williams
Amare>Josh Smith
Horford>Mozgov

Bench:
Chandler=Crawford
Douglas>Teague

I don't think the comparisons are that easy.

There is a degree of how much a player is better then the other.

Like Joe Johnson is MUCH MUCH better then Fields, and STAT is better the Josh Smith. Harford is MUCH better the Mozgov.

nyk_nyk

All Star
And I am more than aware of MDA's (and the media, msg) increased usage of Defensive vernacular when being interviewed or on the sidelines. Its so obvious to me, he chooses spots to over emphasize defense to the viewing public, for his rep.

Damn I though I was the only one to notice that.

I dare anyone to go back (if you can find it) and look at old JVG post game interviews when he speaks on defense. You can clearly see he is more passionate about it, thus it comes across as genuine. Dantoni seems like he's just mentioning it to satisfy the masses.

:gony:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Felton>Bibby
Joe Johnson>Fields
Gallo>Marvin Williams
Amare>Josh Smith
Horford>Mozgov

Bench:
Chandler=Crawford
Douglas>Teague

You forget that we have been playing both Chandler and Amare out of position due to our lack of depth. Further as Kblack pointed out the comparisons are flawed and not as simple as you try to make them appear and they have a cohesive unit that has been playing together for years.

What has the coach done? Nothing if you really look at the current state of the team, I'm really not impressed.... giving all the hype about his coaching prowess. But, he has successfully create chaos and false hope amongst some of the fans. Oh, And he's manage to get himself a TV show, and his son and brother a job in the NBA.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Damn I though I was the only one to notice that.

I dare anyone to go back (if you can find it) and look at old JVG post game interviews when he speaks on defense. You can clearly see he is more passionate about it, thus it comes across as genuine. Dantoni seems like he's just mentioning it to satisfy the masses.

:gony:

Count me in as well.

This is exactly what I, and another poster (forgot the S/N) was saying about the MDA and Mozgov situation. MDA was talking about having confidence in the player, in the media, but was sitting him on the bench when we were sorely in need of some rebounding. Then when 2 players in our short rotation are out....magically Mozgov was "primed and ready?" Really?

Is that similar to how a female who IS NOT a gold digger only comes around when she needs money from you or for you to buy something for her? But she's not a gold digger...you know...because she told you she's not.

MDA says whatever he needs to say in the moment. You can see it all over his face when he starts searching for the "right" answer and then starts mumbling.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Count me in as well.

This is exactly what I, and another poster (forgot the S/N) was saying about the MDA and Mozgov situation. MDA was talking about having confidence in the player, in the media, but was sitting him on the bench when we were sorely in need of some rebounding. Then when 2 players in our short rotation are out....magically Mozgov was "primed and ready?" Really?

Is that similar to how a female who IS NOT a gold digger only comes around when she needs money from you or for you to buy something for her? But she's not a gold digger...you know...because she told you she's not.

MDA says whatever he needs to say in the moment. You can see it all over his face when he starts searching for the "right" answer and then starts mumbling.

You, Red and NYK are squandering this amazing supernatural gift of mind reading you all evidently have. Might I suggest putting it towards predicting the lotto numbers or going on a game show? Why waste it "exposing" the true intentions of our coach?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
You, Red and NYK are squandering this amazing supernatural gift of mind reading you all evidently have. Might I suggest putting it towards predicting the lotto numbers or going on a game show? Why waste it "exposing" the true intentions of our coach?

All I do is look at what's placed in front of me and base my opinions on that. I don't care about MDA's intentions but I kinda care about the product that I dropped 7 grand+ on for season tickets.

If we're getting out rebounded in virtually every game we play...and you have confidence in the abilities of our 7' center...play him. Let him make mistakes, learn from them, and grow...that is the absolute worst case scenario for playing a young, 20 year old, foreign center...mistakes, learning experiences on the court, growth.

And if you're really stressing defense, then there should be some tangible results along with intangible things that you would only know about from watching the game. We don't play the passing lanes well, we switch too much, we double too much, we let bigs get superior position down low, we don't give enough effort for 4 quarters on that side of the ball. Effort can most definitely be altered thru coaching. We may never have an all defensive team out there, but anyone can play good team defense if coached up. You can say MDA and his staff does it...but unless our players are retarded...I don't see it.

I don't want to hear what MDA has to say in front of a mic/camera, I want to see the results on the court. Don't confuse that with wins and losses, but the results of the "coaching" that the players are receiving.

I guess you can kinda call me a big picture type of person. While I'm happy that we're in the playoff hunt, I'm not happy that we beat the Nets by really less than 10 points if you take out the free throws to stop the clock, with 16 of 34 three pointers...what the **** is that? When I was sitting in the Garden during the Clippers game, why did I look up at the scoreboard and see us shooting 8% from 3 not even half way thru the second Q? That's 1/12 in less than 20 mins.

MDA's intentions? No. MDA's carefully worded rhetoric when asked questions about some of the mind boggling shit he's perpetrating? No. MDA's results...or lack thereof? Yes.

And don't talk to me about the roster, because back in the day he had a 2-time MVP Steve Nash and Amar'e and he also had other players around them that "fit" his "system" (really Euroball with more 3's...but ok...I guess he's a "creative genius") and all that led to was getting handled in the playoffs. Not one-off games during the regular season, but a 7 game series where the other organization is focused on you and only you....the system didn't hold up.

Do we have as much talent as (either) Big Three?

What was Miami's so called "problem"? I'll tell you, getting talent to mesh together. Now if Boston has done it and Miami has done it so far, Why can't we? and they have bigger stars and Egos than we do.
I'm just saying if we were competing night in night out on a high level with real defensive and offensive schemes we wouldn't be 26-26:barf:. SHIT we have lost to all of the bottom feeders at least once.:barf:
You guys are happy because we are 6th seed in a weak EC,Mike D has caught various breaks with other teams Stars being out and a easy schedule. NOW it's starting to catch up on him and he is Scapegoating his way out:alert::alert::alert:. MELO is affecting us, the Trade Rumors. I didn't hear him bitching while he coached two seasons of less than 35 wins. :barf::barf::barf: