Very QUIET on any Melo News???

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Let's just hope still waters run deep!!!
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Yeah all is quiet currently on the Melo front. We will probably hear one more major rumor or two between now and the trade deadline is my guess, but I honestly think nothing is going to get done due to Denver practically wanting the Knicks entire starting lineup for him. If I'm the knicks I offer two of the 3 young guys max (Chandler, Galo, Fields) and Felton is off the table. And I'm very reluctant to get rid of fields because I think he has more potential than Chandler and Galo to be a very good player and is currently one of the most popular Knicks.

I honestly don't know for sure right now if Melo is going to sign the extension with Denver is he isn't traded to the Knicks. I'm inclined to say yes because players are always about the money minus that rare case last year with the Miami trio, but who knows maybe he will just let himself become a free agent and sign with the Knicks. If so then we can all laugh at Denver next year for not getting anything for him, because lets face it Denver isn't winning a championship this year with or without him.

Stay put Knicks... All the pressure is on Denver, not on you.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
being that chandler/galo play the position anthony plays, and being that fields has the most potential of the 3, id rather get rid of galo and chandler.

i dont know if he'd resign with denver..that couldve just been a tactic for the knicks to hurry up and sign him. i heard a good point though, if melo wants us to trade our roster for him, would he really be content with playing with douglas as our starting PG and walker as our starting SG?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
In a deal with the Knicks for Carmelo Anthony, the Nuggets would reportedly want Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, and multiple first-round picks.
Mike D'Antoni is reportedly balking at such a steep price for Melo, which is unsurprising, and the Nets and Rockets remain outside candidates to land him

petescud

Starter
If i were the Knicks, i'd offer Chandler, Curry, Randolph and Rautins/Mason/Walker/Azzy and a 2nd round pick....take it or leave it....Sorry, but getting Melo without getting defenders on this team, isn't going to help us all that much. I think Chandler is a better defender then Melo. Do i think Chandler is worth 8 mil..not sure, the guy surprises me some games

tiger0330

Legend
In a deal with the Knicks for Carmelo Anthony, the Nuggets would reportedly want Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, and multiple first-round picks.
Mike D'Antoni is reportedly balking at such a steep price for Melo, which is unsurprising, and the Nets and Rockets remain outside candidates to land him
Multiple first round picks would make this a non-starter for the Knicks but Wil and Gallo and the Gov I would do for Melo. If D'Ants has a problem with this deal its because his godson is in the package.

Houston may be the wild card in this because they will supposedly make the trade without Melo signing an extension, hoping they can convince him to come to Houston and if they can't they S&T him for some assets.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer

Galo, Chandler and Moz I would give up, but they also want not one but multiple first-round picks? lol yeah okay what are they smoking.

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
if they give up mozgov too they will be out rebounded by 25+ every game....

Give up Mozzy but get Nene in return..

Gallo, Mozzy, Fields
Randoph, or pick for Randolph, and Curry's contract..

Melo and Nene..

could be this:peace:
Felton
Chandler
Melo
STAT
Nene..

SWEEET!!!!

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Give up Mozzy but get Nene in return..

Gallo, Mozzy, Fields
Randoph, or pick for Randolph, and Curry's contract..

Melo and Nene..

could be this:peace:
Felton
Chandler
Melo
STAT
Nene..

SWEEET!!!!

keep dreamin kid.
WHY in the world would they give us Nene? ur buggin the F*CK out.
Watever your smokin must be real good.
NDDD we keeep CHANDLER????????:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
keep dreamin kid.

Dude,

Nene is a 15 and 7 guy, please don't over-value this cat...I would like to see him in the mix (cuz he's further along then Mozgov)...in 5 years Mozgov has the edge over Nene..but if you can get that line-up and I'll say it again.
Felton
Melo
Thrill
STAT
Nene..

East Title contenders. immediatley...now let me take another hit off my bong.
:smokin:

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Dude,

Nene is a 15 and 7 guy, please don't over-value this cat...I would like to see him in the mix (cuz he's further along then Mozgov)...in 5 years Mozgov has the edge over Nene..but if you can get that line-up and I'll say it again.
Felton
Melo
Thrill
STAT
Nene..

East Title contenders. immediatley...now let me take another hit off my bong.
:smokin:

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

nuckles2k2

Superstar
keep dreamin kid.

Cause Nene has a ETO anyway, what guarantee do they have that he stays? Why not move him for the same reason they have to move Melo?

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Cause Nene has a ETO anyway, what guarantee do they have that he stays? Why not move him for the same reason they have to move Melo?

Why would they give us Nene????????? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
They want the world for Melo already, they are DEFINETLY not giving us Nene on top of Melo. YOU GUYS ARE BUGGGINNNNNNNNNN

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Why would they give us Nene????????? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
They want the world for Melo already, they are DEFINETLY not giving us Nene on top of Melo. YOU GUYS ARE BUGGGINNNNNNNNNN

They don't have to...but then if Nene walks and signs as a free agent elsewhere and they get nothing, which situation would have been better? Nene leaving via FA and they get nothing, or a young cheap Mozgov plus everything else they'd be getting in the trade?

They're gonna have to assess their chances of keeping a dude, having another great season, who can opt out of his contract after trading away Melo.

Sometimes less is more, but most of the time less is just less.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
They don't have to...but then if Nene walks and signs as a free agent elsewhere and they get nothing, which situation would have been better? Nene leaving via FA and they get nothing, or a young cheap Mozgov plus everything else they'd be getting in the trade?

They're gonna have to assess their chances of keeping a dude, having another great season, who can opt out of his contract after trading away Melo.

Sometimes less is more, but most of the time less is just less.

Bro, if u believe that can happen im all for it. I HIGHLY doubt it tho.
If we can send the ship to the Nuggets, Like 5-7 Players and get back Melo Nene and Billups, Im all for it.

Lose Fields,Galo,Chandler,Mozgov,1st Rounder(Randolph), Azzy, Rautins.
N get those 3! Im definetly down for that.
But once again, I HIGHLY doubt it.

la2ny

Starter
This is why I say send them Gallo, Chandler,Curry, and a 1st from Minnesota and take Birdman off their hands,
Then go after Mayo for Bill Walker and Roger Mason and a 2nd. :cool:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
February 25th

February 25th will not come soon enough! I am tired of all this speculation. I know what I would do and I have posted it in other threads. But what do I know?