NYP: Barron To Don O&B Again?

Pick An Opinion

• If he's so good, why is he constantly over looked in the NBA? Unnecessary with 29 games left.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • We don't need him - STAT's injury regardless.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If he can help on the boards, why wasn't he signed earlier?

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • He fit 'the system' well last year, might come in handy as the season closes.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
For all the Carmelo Anthony talk, Knicks president Donnie Walsh still believes the team's greatest need is a center to take the load off now-injured Amar'e Stoudemire, and Earl Barron has emerged as the most likely candidate to be acquired, The Post has learned.

83326_Heat_Knicks_Basketball.jpg

The Knicks will have an open roster spot one way or another after the Feb. 24 trade deadline and Walsh has intentions of bringing Barron back to the organization, according to an NBA source.

Barron (6 feet, 11 inches) was cut by Phoenix on Dec. 22, and has been waiting patiently for the Knicks to open a roster spot, according to a source.

Barron was a huge success late last season when he signed with the Knicks for the final seven games, averaging a double-double: 11 points and 11 rebounds. He adapted perfectly to Mike D'Antoni's system, was a good locker room guy, and would make the team less reliant on starting center Timofey Mozgov, especially in the playoffs.

The Nyets also have interest in Barron, The Post reported Sunday.
Walsh said he believes Barron can make it easier for overworked Stoudemire, whose latest injury, a sprained right big toe, kept him out of his first game Saturday against the Nyyyyets.

Stoudemire, who is listed as day-to-day, said he's shooting for Wednesday's game against Atlanta, but there's speculation he'll be shut down until after the All-Star break so he can get a full 12 days rest.

If the Anthony trade is made, a roster spot likely will open up because the Knicks will give away multiple players in exchange. If they stand pat, the Knicks' first order of business will be to release Eddy Curry, whom D'Antoni has refused to dress all season, and possibly Kelenna

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

◎ I was an advocate for the re-signing of Barron at the start of the year. A decent rebounder and accurate spot shooter, even if he were to play a limited role - as I'd expect - his presence in practice, fresh legs and size can't be considered a drawback with 6th spot in the balance and a weary Stoudemire.

If we were to make a 4 for 1 trade for Melo, I'd also like to see PEJ brought in to the fray. A top defender with a legend's lineage. Rautins should be sent to the D League where he belongs. IMO, one of the worst snubs and picks in Knick history.:barf:

Memory lane: Barron's huge game against The 'Dics at the end of last season.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...ttention_iMrqtWsX52QZzB4OXK1C1J#ixzz1DwnIQaLV

moneyg

Starter
For all the Carmelo Anthony talk, Knicks president Donnie Walsh still believes the team's greatest need is a center to take the load off now-injured Amar'e Stoudemire, and Earl Barron has emerged as the most likely candidate to be acquired, The Post has learned.

The Knicks will have an open roster spot one way or another after the Feb. 24 trade deadline and Walsh has intentions of bringing Barron back to the organization, according to an NBA source.

Barron (6 feet, 11 inches) was cut by Phoenix on Dec. 22, and has been waiting patiently for the Knicks to open a roster spot, according to a source.

Barron was a huge success late last season when he signed with the Knicks for the final seven games, averaging a double-double: 11 points and 11 rebounds. He adapted perfectly to Mike D'Antoni's system, was a good locker room guy, and would make the team less reliant on starting center Timofey Mozgov, especially in the playoffs.

Walsh said he believes Barron can make it easier for overworked Stoudemire, whose latest injury, a sprained right big toe, kept him out of his first game Saturday against the Nyyyyets.

Stoudemire, who is listed as day-to-day, said he's shooting for Wednesday's game against Atlanta, but there's speculation he'll be shut down until after the All-Star break so he can get a full 12 days rest.

If the Anthony trade is made, a roster spot likely will open up because the Knicks will give away multiple players in exchange. If they stand pat, the Knicks' first order of business will be to release Eddy Curry, whom D'Antoni has refused to dress all season, and possibly Kelenna

◎ I was an advocate for the re-signing of Barron at the start of the year. A decent rebounder and accurate spot shooter, even if he were to play a limited role - as I'd expect - his presence in practice, fresh legs and size can't be considered a drawback with 6th spot in the balance and a weary Stoudemire.

If we were to make a 4 for 1 trade for Melo, I'd also like to see PEJ brought in to the fray. A top defender with a legend's lineage. Rautins should be sent to the D League where he belongs. IMO, one of the worst snubs and picks in Knick history.:barf:

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...ttention_iMrqtWsX52QZzB4OXK1C1J#ixzz1DwnIQaLV

if this is a guarantee that Baron will get signed by/after the trade dealine.. ......then its a clear indication that Walsh is looking to fill the gaps of a trade for Melo...

We need players to get us over the hump this year.. if we get Melo....

if we end up this year as good as we would have been with out Melo.. id be happy with that..

build for future

MusketeerX

Rotation player
This guy should have been on the team since the beginning of the season. I'm also wondering whether or not the Nets are just trying to get players we want at this point, more for a frustration factor than anything else.

tiger0330

Legend
I guess because he knows the system and Stat is injured but gee the Suns cut him, we cut him, Miami cut him. Big men that can play are at a premium in this league and this guy just bounces around.

Even if we sign the whole Laker roster we won't win a championship with this coach!

Short term Barron might be a good addition, but he can't prevent us from losing in the 1st round of the playoffs either.

You can't win without playing defense.

D'Antoni had a collection of superstars and good role players in Phoenix over the years, even future hall of famers in Nash and Shaq, but he never made it to the finals.

Even if we get Melo and some other good players, we're heading in the same direction as Atlanta. Good playoff contender but not enough substance to make it to the finals.

Honestly what's the point in building a team that will be stuck in the second or third round of the playoffs ?

We need the right coach even more than we need Melo/CP3 etc.

Recently I haven't enjoyed our games as much as I did from October till January. The system and the whole way we (don't) play defense is so flawed. It just angers me how we lose games against very beatable opponents.

90% of that due to the fact that we are one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Look at Philly, not a great roster but they're winning lately because they're playing defense. They're far from a defensive powerhouse but they try at least.

welcometonycity

Rotation player

Sounds good to me.
Lose Mozgov,Fields,Galo,Chandler,First Round pick (Randolph)
Gain Melo, Barron, scoop up PEJ

1.Felton(Douglas)
2.Williams(Azzy, Douglas, Walker)
3.Melo(Walker, Williams, Pej)
4.Stoudemire(Barron, Walker, Williams, Pej)
5.Turiaf(Barron, Stat)

la2ny

Starter
Sounds good to me.
Lose Mozgov,Fields,Galo,Chandler,First Round pick (Randolph)
Gain Melo, Barron, scoop up PEJ

1.Felton(Douglas)
2.Williams(Azzy, Douglas, Walker)
3.Melo(Walker, Williams, Pej)
4.Stoudemire(Barron, Walker, Williams, Pej)
5.Turiaf(Barron, Stat)
Damn dont you think thats a bit too much? Atleast keep Moz or Fields out of that deal, I'd say Moz because he's a big. Cant teach size. Then go after Mayo or Rip Hamilton to replace Fields

moneyg

Starter
Damn dont you think thats a bit too much? Atleast keep Moz or Fields out of that deal, I'd say Moz because he's a big. Cant teach size. Then go after Mayo or Rip Hamilton to replace Fields

IMO.. keep either t moz or fields.. thay cant have both.. other than that.. im cool with any scenario

welcometonycity

Rotation player

Its a lot but its realistic. Lets face it, Denver wants the house. If we gotta give it to them (pause) for Melo Im with it all day. None of those players (role) should be holding us back from gettin Melo (star). We keep Felton n Stat and we get Melo. I mean thats the plan isnt it? I also think Billups will and should be included. Now if we add a couple more players, (Azzy, Rautins, Mason) should we get Nene? I would love too. But i doubt it.

Lose - Galo, Fields, Chandler, Moz, Randolph(1st rounder), Azzy, Rautins, Mason

Get - Melo, Billups, Nene

Thats a steal. 8 players for 3 they should be down for that. Then we pick up Barron (remember his 17 points 18 rebound game against the Celtics we could use that) and PEJ (good defender and good size at 6'8 200 plus).

1. Felton, Billups, Douglas
2. Billups(shooter can play the 2), Walker, Douglas
3. Williams, Walker, PEJ
4. Stat, Barron, PEJ
5. Nene, Barron, Turiaf

Last edited:
Even if we sign the whole Laker roster we won't win a championship with this coach!

Short term Barron might be a good addition, but he can't prevent us from losing in the 1st round of the playoffs either.

You can't win without playing defense.

D'Antoni had a collection of superstars and good role players in Phoenix over the years, even future hall of famers in Nash and Shaq, but he never made it to the finals.

Even if we get Melo and some other good players, we're heading in the same direction as Atlanta. Good playoff contender but not enough substance to make it to the finals.

Honestly what's the point in building a team that will be stuck in the second or third round of the playoffs ?

We need the right coach even more than we need Melo/CP3 etc.

Recently I haven't enjoyed our games as much as I did from October till January. The system and the whole way we (don't) play defense is so flawed. It just angers me how we lose games against very beatable opponents.

90% of that due to the fact that we are one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Look at Philly, not a great roster but they're winning lately because they're playing defense. They're far from a defensive powerhouse but they try at least.
I agree 100%

la2ny

Starter
Its a lot but its realistic. Lets face it, Denver wants the house. If we gotta give it to them (pause) for Melo Im with it all day. None of those players (role) should be holding us back from gettin Melo (star). We keep Felton n Stat and we get Melo. I mean thats the plan isnt it?
I agree about them not holding us back, but that doesnt mean ship them all in one deal. Especially since Denver isn't willing to give up a Lawson, Afflalo, and Birdman with Melo. The plan was to get 2 stars to build around but because Melo wants an extension we'd have to players making almost 40 mill! That combined with not many options out there to feel these wholes we have hurt our chances at improving very much. This is why I say we should give up Gallo,Chandler,Randolph,Curry and maybe Moz. If we could get Mayo I'd say we could even let Fields go though I would like him as a 6th man.

EDIT: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4s23vyj

Now this is a deal I would agree to.

We replace a project big with another, but with better "D". Get a backup point, keep Landry, Get a legit 6th man, and get our 2nd "superstar"

Last edited:

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I agree about them not holding us back, but that doesnt mean ship them all in one deal. Especially since Denver isn't willing to give up a Lawson, Afflalo, and Birdman with Melo. The plan was to get 2 stars to build around but because Melo wants an extension we'd have to players making almost 40 mill! That combined with not many options out there to feel these wholes we have hurt our chances at improving very much. This is why I say we should give up Gallo,Chandler,Randolph,Curry and maybe Moz. If we could get Mayo I'd say we could even let Fields go though I would like him as a 6th man.

We replace a project big with another, but with better "D". Get a backup point, keep Landry, Get a legit 6th man, and get our 2nd "superstar"

Ohhh I see ok now I get it . I agree w u

Kiyaman

Legend
The 2010-11 Roster

Kiyaman's head literally just exploded with excitement.

If we have a nondefensive-minded headcoach, why not lead the league
in rebounding by resigning D.League Earl Barron & double-double David Lee,
while adding Amare's 25 pts and 7 rbds.

The 3 above frontcourt bigmen wouldve gave both SF-Gallo & Chandler
all-star performing seasons.

Our outstanding ROY veteran-performance Mr. Landry Fields wouldve been
the burst of energy (secret-weapon) to make the Knicks a .600 record
team in the backcourt with Douglas, Felton, and Walker.

The players "above" would've been a helluva 9-Man rotation meshing
early at the start of the regular season with great confidence in each
of their teammates.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

Toons

is the Bo$$
i dont get it, is amare playing sf? how can you have amare, lee and barron at the same time?

KBlack25

Starter

Why would Memphis do that?