Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Melo news, They want Felt&Gallo

Veteran

The third starter is probably Fields.

The deal is basically Fields + Gallo + Felton + Randolph + Curry for Carmelo.

PG, SG, SF for Carmelo essentially.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Knicks could cut Billups and have about 10 million to play with.
    I don't think that's accurate.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The third starter is probably Fields.

The deal is basically Fields + Gallo + Felton + Randolph + Curry for Carmelo.

PG, SG, SF for Carmelo essentially.
    For Melo AND Billups. I don't mind replacing Felton with Billups at all. He's a bit older but can still impact a game and is knows how to get people involved. He'd be good for Amare. His contract runs the same as Felton anyway so we still can play the CP3 or DW angle.

Having an injured Azubuike really hurt this process. He has no value and therefore Fields, Gallo or Felton will be moved. Add to that we'll probably release him after the deadline anyway. GS definitely got the best of that Lee deal.

Veteran

Thing is Billups might not stick around. If he wants a buyout then we're stuck without a PG. I do NOT want to see Toney Douglas running SSOL.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Thing is Billups might not stick around. If he wants a buyout then we're stuck without a PG. I do NOT want to see Toney Douglas running SSOL.
    Worst scenerio we get a PG (Telfair?) from Minny when we trade Randolph for a 1st round pick.

ST aint the best but he can run an offense.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I don't think that's accurate.
    Billups 2011-2012 contract is a team option (4 mil buyout). Felton was slated to make 8 mil next year. So, if NY doesn't pick up the option...

Originally Posted by mafra
    Deal is Gallo, Felton AND ANOTHER STARTER plus Curry and a pick.

Knicks get Billups and Carmelo.

To get the pick, we trade Anthony Randolph.

Have to assume that other starter is either Fields or MOzgov, although it might be Chandler.

I would still make the trade.

Knicks could cut Billups and have about 10 million to play with. Use that money to make an offer to MArc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan, or sign a Big Baby plus a backup PG. Or resign Chandler. Options.
    You like most think you can circumvent the limitations of MDA by bringing it what's needed most, size and defense.

This is the MDA paradox, and like me id suggest you stop now. We can't evaluate, measure, project, analyze any more when it comes to scouting big men, until we deal with the issue of mda's system.

Its a waste of time, $ , and effort. Befoe you look into getting conventonal style players, you must acquire a conventional style coach, or you will just be spitting into the wind.

Superstar

This is a horrible deal. They are high balling us just as we low balled them with our first offer. See you next year Melo.... not going to destroy this team for one player. The only way this deal get sdone is if we get Nene.

They get chandler, first round, curry and ant rand. That's it. Don't like it.... we'll get Melo in the summer.

Counter Offer: Tony Douglas, Galo, Chandler, Moz, 1st Round Pick, Curry

I have a hard time trading away Felton at this point with the kind of season he has had.

What i'm not sure of is the financials. I'm assuming we would have to take Billups Contract.

Actually I can see it happening after the all star game and maybe we will have to bring in a third team like the wolves, grizzlies, or the thunder since the rumor are they are looking to trade a few players/pics . I said this in another thread but with no guarantee we can get a healthy Paul or that Williams even wants to come here let alone if we can afford them after the new CBA you cannot make deals based on getting them.

Considering that this New CBA might lower the cap on everyone trading assets is not a smart move. Its very unlikely that the new CBA will affect teams resigning their own players but getting new players will become a lot more difficult. One top of that their is the possibility of a franchise tag. Its extremely unlikely that a franchise tag would go into affect this post season but if it passes who do you think that the Hornets and Jazz are franchising first?

Veteran

I like Felton, but I think the PG position in this system can be runned by almost anyone...it's basically pass or shoot, it's not like we are running complex plays out there...

I would give Gallo up because he alters the teams chemistry. Its been most evident in his return from injury. Look at the way the team plays since he came back. The coach wants to run and gun but Gallo slows it down with his camping at the 3 and staying on the free throw....he's a momentum killer. The team needs to maintain rhythm in this flawed system to win.
    He's inconsistant, a poor rebounder for his size, a poor defender, and a flopper. He does not fit in the system with his current skill set. Just look at how the team plays with him on and off the court. Don't look at his recently inflated numbers...look at the chemistry. We won games easily with out him. Melo will be a big upgrade to what the coach thinks Gallo can do.

Landry is a risky move, imo. I'll like to keep him and I think we will because Spike Lee wears his Jersy. LOL, you'll be surprised at how much weight certain celebs hold.

Wilson I like alot. I know the way he is playing now is due to the rumors. He is a beast when he wants to be, but I think he is faking injury, or is feeling the stress that comes with trade talks. I've seen this in him in the last 2 years. This is most likely his way of protecting his own interest...its not like he has a inside connection like his team mate. The same mate that is keeping him out of his natural positon. Plus he brings defense to a team that dosen't coach defense...you don't give away the very thing that wins you championships. I haven't seen a team win the bling bling yet without playing some great D.

The politics in sports is killing the game. I just want a great team to cheer for. Just because you wear a Knicks jersey dosen't mean you're a Knick. I take great pride in this city and expect the players on the teams that represent this city to resemble the greatness. I can't support weakness, it's not in me.

To the Knicks Brass....get rid of the cancer on the team. St.John shouldn't be the only team playing exciting ball at the Garden.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I like Felton, but I think the PG position in this system can be runned by almost anyone...it's basically pass or shoot, it's not like we are running complex plays out there...

I would give Gallo up because he alters the teams chemistry. Its been most evident in his return from injury. Look at the way the team plays since he came back. The coach wants to run and gun but Gallo slows it down with his camping at the 3 and staying on the free throw....he's a momentum killer. The team needs to maintain rhythm in this flawed system to win.
    He's inconsistant, a poor rebounder for his size, a poor defender, and a flopper. He does not fit in the system with his current skill set. Just look at how the team plays with him on and off the court. Don't look at his recently inflated numbers...look at the chemistry. We won games easily with out him. Melo will be a big upgrade to what the coach thinks Gallo can do.

Landry is a risky move, imo. I'll like to keep him and I think we will because Spike Lee wears his Jersy. LOL, you'll be surprised at how much weight certain celebs hold.

Wilson I like alot. I know the way he is playing now is due to the rumors. He is a beast when he wants to be, but I think he is faking injury, or is feeling the stress that comes with trade talks. I've seen this in him in the last 2 years. This is most likely his way of protecting his own interest...its not like he has a inside connection like his team mate. The same mate that is keeping him out of his natural positon. Plus he brings defense to a team that dosen't coach defense...you don't give away the very thing that wins you championships. I haven't seen a team win the bling bling yet without playing some great D.

The politics in sports is killing the game. I just want a great team to cheer for. Just because you wear a Knicks jersey dosen't mean you're a Knick. I take great pride in this city and expect the players on the teams that represent this city to resemble the greatness. I can't support weakness, it's not in me.

To the Knicks Brass....get rid of the cancer on the team. St.John shouldn't be the only team playing exciting ball at the Garden.
    Speaking of St. Johns... They've been terrible the last few years and then all of a sudden they get a new coach (Steve Lavin) and BAMM, now they're a top-40 team. They have the same players they've had for the last 3 years and all of a sudden they're a contender. I wish people would see how much the coach matters... If our FO did D'Antoni would of been fired after last season.... D'Antoni is garbage.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

Of course you would give up Gallo, anybody would, but to give up Gallo AND Fields AND Felton AND Randolph would be basically taking all of our assets away.

That being said you've still yet to tell me how someone who hits clutch 3's can be a momentum killer, or someone who gets to the free throw line 14 times a game, or someone who has the highest true shooting percentage on our team. It's almost as if you'd rather have Raymond Felton take more bad shots than give Gallo his good ones. What a Knick fan you are.

The other thing I don't understand is why you would want to get rid of Felton who is having a very good season for aging point guard who doesn't even fit the Knicks system.

Veteran

The idea is that having Carmelo is far more important than having Raymond Felton.

Felton's contract is more of a stopgap before CP3 is available as a free agent anyway.

I think we could use a new coach or at least an assistant who is better at teaching defense. Billups wouldn't really go for the D'Antoni system but he does hit the 3-point shot extraordinarily well (better than anybody on our team), he plays far better defense than Felton, and he's got experience that will make up for the whole "not my system" thing.