More Melo news, They want Felt&Gallo

Red

TYPE-A
Carmelo Anthony could have been a Knick*Monday if only team president Walsh were willing to meet Denver's trade demands, which one team officia classified as "steep." According to a team source close to the negotiations,"there is a deal to be made" but whether Anthony joins but whether Anthony joins forces with Amar'e Stoudemire in New York between Tuesday and the Feb. 24 trade deadline likely comes down to the Nuggets either lowering their asking price or the Knicks.....
we keep Fields.
They want Felt, Gallo, Curry, and a 1st.

Giving back Billups & Melo

Wargames

Starter
Take Felton out and it sounds good to me. But no way should we trade PGs. We only have one pure PG and honestly we need another.

Red

TYPE-A
Take Felton out and it sounds good to me. But no way should we trade PGs. We only have one pure PG and honestly we need another.

Billups hs a team option after next year
Felt is contracted for 2 years
We keep Fields and possibly Chandler

WASSSSUP?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea, if Denver doesn't budge on this deal by the 23rd 11:58pm then this deal gets done. If we have to buy out Billups this season, then the amount of $ that he agrees to walk for will be on the books next season. We'd still be set up to make a run at CP3 or D-Will next summer, it'd just be a matter of getting a serviceable PG who can run the team (or possibly even be the PG of the future) next season.

At first glance the deal looks like one you'd want to stay away from, but if it's all about building a dynasty going forward, it doesn't disrupt those plans in the slightest. The only hindrance would be on next season, but we were supposed to let Felton go after next season to get CP3 or D-Will (not saying Felton wasn't doing an adequate job....but he only has a 2 year deal.)

Red

TYPE-A
Yea, if Denver doesn't budge on this deal by the 23rd 11:58pm then this deal gets done. If we have to buy out Billups this season, then the amount of $ that he agrees to walk for will be on the books next season. We'd still be set up to make a run at CP3 or D-Will next summer, it'd just be a matter of getting a serviceable PG who can run the team (or possibly even be the PG of the future) next season.

At first glance the deal looks like one you'd want to stay away from, but if it's all about building a dynasty going forward, it doesn't disrupt those plans in the slightest. The only hindrance would be on next season, but we were supposed to let Felton go after next season to get CP3 or D-Will (not saying Felton wasn't doing an adequate job....but he only has a 2 year deal.)
Buying him out will cost $4million

Retain a core of Melo, Stat, and Fields
Build around that with Billups and Douglas running the point and 2 if needed. Moz stays for size. We're good, essentially replacing 2Sf's for Melo and a pg for a pg.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
I think they want also a 3rd starter, see my 3d "Is Melo God ?"

The Nuggets, according to a source, are asking for three starters - including Danilo Gallinari and Raymond Felton - plus Eddy Curry's expiring contract and at least one first-round pick

nuckles2k2

Superstar
That's gotta be why Donnie turned it down. That makes it a little tougher, Gallo and Chandler...but we still might have to do it anyway. Because both Gallo and Chandler are probably going to have to leave if we have Melo and go after CP3 or D-Will...it would just be tough to lose both in one felt swoop.

But that probably wouldn't disrupt MDA's insanely short rotation. Mean Muggin' T-Dougin', Williams, Moz, and Turiaf just end up getting more tick.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Buying him out will cost $4million

Retain a core of Melo, Stat, and Fields
Build around that with Billups and Douglas running the point and 2 if needed. Moz stays for size. We're good, essentially replacing 2Sf's for Melo and a pg for a pg.

Yea, I agree. This trade goes down if it's the last hour before the deadline. I trust Donnie's instincts; now was not the right time to pull the trigger on that deal if he can try to negotiate it down...especially if he thinks it'll still be on the table late Feb 23rd.

Wargames

Starter
I see this deal being whittled down to us taking either taking on Anderson or Harrington and giving azzy. They would save more with us taking on one of those contracts longterm and it isn't as demanding on us for trade pieces.

tiger0330

Legend
To me that's not a bad deal, Donnie must be horse trading or he really feels that NY is the only place Melo wants to be and he refuses to give up anything significant for him.

Red

TYPE-A
I see this deal being whittled down to us taking either taking on Anderson or Harrington and giving azzy. They would save more with us taking on one of those contracts longterm and it isn't as demanding on us for trade pieces.

Nooooo

A least Billups I servicable and can be bought out, Harrington is a no no. To much $, and might kill the offense, slow development, and plays no defense.
Anderson maybe.

And yeah Walsh almost has to wait til the 11th hour IF Denver is dealing. If they are that means they concede moving Melo for somthing, Walsh is obligated to get the best deal at that point, and that can't happen until 11:59:59 at the deadline.

Again, we have to wait......more.....f*cking hate this.....every f*cking year, twice we wait, and wait, and wait to inch up.

mafra

Legend
Deal is Gallo, Felton AND ANOTHER STARTER plus Curry and a pick.

Knicks get Billups and Carmelo.

To get the pick, we trade Anthony Randolph.

Have to assume that other starter is either Fields or MOzgov, although it might be Chandler.

I would still make the trade.

Knicks could cut Billups and have about 10 million to play with. Use that money to make an offer to MArc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan, or sign a Big Baby plus a backup PG. Or resign Chandler. Options.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The third starter is probably Fields.

The deal is basically Fields + Gallo + Felton + Randolph + Curry for Carmelo.

PG, SG, SF for Carmelo essentially.

nyk_nyk

All Star
The third starter is probably Fields.

The deal is basically Fields + Gallo + Felton + Randolph + Curry for Carmelo.

PG, SG, SF for Carmelo essentially.

For Melo AND Billups. I don't mind replacing Felton with Billups at all. He's a bit older but can still impact a game and is knows how to get people involved. He'd be good for Amare. His contract runs the same as Felton anyway so we still can play the CP3 or DW angle.

Having an injured Azubuike really hurt this process. He has no value and therefore Fields, Gallo or Felton will be moved. Add to that we'll probably release him after the deadline anyway. GS definitely got the best of that Lee deal.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Thing is Billups might not stick around. If he wants a buyout then we're stuck without a PG. I do NOT want to see Toney Douglas running SSOL.

Worst scenerio we get a PG (Telfair?) from Minny when we trade Randolph for a 1st round pick.

ST aint the best but he can run an offense.