More Melo news, They want Felt&Gallo

Red

TYPE-A
Deal is Gallo, Felton AND ANOTHER STARTER plus Curry and a pick.

Knicks get Billups and Carmelo.

To get the pick, we trade Anthony Randolph.

Have to assume that other starter is either Fields or MOzgov, although it might be Chandler.

I would still make the trade.

Knicks could cut Billups and have about 10 million to play with. Use that money to make an offer to MArc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan, or sign a Big Baby plus a backup PG. Or resign Chandler. Options.
You like most think you can circumvent the limitations of MDA by bringing it what's needed most, size and defense.

This is the MDA paradox, and like me id suggest you stop now. We can't evaluate, measure, project, analyze any more when it comes to scouting big men, until we deal with the issue of mda's system.

Its a waste of time, $ , and effort. Befoe you look into getting conventonal style players, you must acquire a conventional style coach, or you will just be spitting into the wind.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
This is a horrible deal. They are high balling us just as we low balled them with our first offer. See you next year Melo.... not going to destroy this team for one player. The only way this deal get sdone is if we get Nene.

They get chandler, first round, curry and ant rand. That's it. Don't like it.... we'll get Melo in the summer.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Counter Offer: Tony Douglas, Galo, Chandler, Moz, 1st Round Pick, Curry

I have a hard time trading away Felton at this point with the kind of season he has had.

What i'm not sure of is the financials. I'm assuming we would have to take Billups Contract.

Wargames

Starter
Actually I can see it happening after the all star game and maybe we will have to bring in a third team like the wolves, grizzlies, or the thunder since the rumor are they are looking to trade a few players/pics . I said this in another thread but with no guarantee we can get a healthy Paul or that Williams even wants to come here let alone if we can afford them after the new CBA you cannot make deals based on getting them.

Considering that this New CBA might lower the cap on everyone trading assets is not a smart move. Its very unlikely that the new CBA will affect teams resigning their own players but getting new players will become a lot more difficult. One top of that their is the possibility of a franchise tag. Its extremely unlikely that a franchise tag would go into affect this post season but if it passes who do you think that the Hornets and Jazz are franchising first?

I like Felton, but I think the PG position in this system can be runned by almost anyone...it's basically pass or shoot, it's not like we are running complex plays out there...

I would give Gallo up because he alters the teams chemistry. Its been most evident in his return from injury. Look at the way the team plays since he came back. The coach wants to run and gun but Gallo slows it down with his camping at the 3 and staying on the free throw....he's a momentum killer. The team needs to maintain rhythm in this flawed system to win.
He's inconsistant, a poor rebounder for his size, a poor defender, and a flopper. He does not fit in the system with his current skill set. Just look at how the team plays with him on and off the court. Don't look at his recently inflated numbers...look at the chemistry. We won games easily with out him. Melo will be a big upgrade to what the coach thinks Gallo can do.

Landry is a risky move, imo. I'll like to keep him and I think we will because Spike Lee wears his Jersy. LOL, you'll be surprised at how much weight certain celebs hold.

Wilson I like alot. I know the way he is playing now is due to the rumors. He is a beast when he wants to be, but I think he is faking injury, or is feeling the stress that comes with trade talks. I've seen this in him in the last 2 years. This is most likely his way of protecting his own interest...its not like he has a inside connection like his team mate. The same mate that is keeping him out of his natural positon. Plus he brings defense to a team that dosen't coach defense...you don't give away the very thing that wins you championships. I haven't seen a team win the bling bling yet without playing some great D.

The politics in sports is killing the game. I just want a great team to cheer for. Just because you wear a Knicks jersey dosen't mean you're a Knick. I take great pride in this city and expect the players on the teams that represent this city to resemble the greatness. I can't support weakness, it's not in me.

To the Knicks Brass....get rid of the cancer on the team. St.John shouldn't be the only team playing exciting ball at the Garden.

KingofNy

Starter
I like Felton, but I think the PG position in this system can be runned by almost anyone...it's basically pass or shoot, it's not like we are running complex plays out there...

I would give Gallo up because he alters the teams chemistry. Its been most evident in his return from injury. Look at the way the team plays since he came back. The coach wants to run and gun but Gallo slows it down with his camping at the 3 and staying on the free throw....he's a momentum killer. The team needs to maintain rhythm in this flawed system to win.
He's inconsistant, a poor rebounder for his size, a poor defender, and a flopper. He does not fit in the system with his current skill set. Just look at how the team plays with him on and off the court. Don't look at his recently inflated numbers...look at the chemistry. We won games easily with out him. Melo will be a big upgrade to what the coach thinks Gallo can do.

Landry is a risky move, imo. I'll like to keep him and I think we will because Spike Lee wears his Jersy. LOL, you'll be surprised at how much weight certain celebs hold.

Wilson I like alot. I know the way he is playing now is due to the rumors. He is a beast when he wants to be, but I think he is faking injury, or is feeling the stress that comes with trade talks. I've seen this in him in the last 2 years. This is most likely his way of protecting his own interest...its not like he has a inside connection like his team mate. The same mate that is keeping him out of his natural positon. Plus he brings defense to a team that dosen't coach defense...you don't give away the very thing that wins you championships. I haven't seen a team win the bling bling yet without playing some great D.

The politics in sports is killing the game. I just want a great team to cheer for. Just because you wear a Knicks jersey dosen't mean you're a Knick. I take great pride in this city and expect the players on the teams that represent this city to resemble the greatness. I can't support weakness, it's not in me.

To the Knicks Brass....get rid of the cancer on the team. St.John shouldn't be the only team playing exciting ball at the Garden.

Speaking of St. Johns... They've been terrible the last few years and then all of a sudden they get a new coach (Steve Lavin) and BAMM, now they're a top-40 team. They have the same players they've had for the last 3 years and all of a sudden they're a contender. I wish people would see how much the coach matters... If our FO did D'Antoni would of been fired after last season.... D'Antoni is garbage.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Of course you would give up Gallo, anybody would, but to give up Gallo AND Fields AND Felton AND Randolph would be basically taking all of our assets away.

That being said you've still yet to tell me how someone who hits clutch 3's can be a momentum killer, or someone who gets to the free throw line 14 times a game, or someone who has the highest true shooting percentage on our team. It's almost as if you'd rather have Raymond Felton take more bad shots than give Gallo his good ones. What a Knick fan you are.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
The other thing I don't understand is why you would want to get rid of Felton who is having a very good season for aging point guard who doesn't even fit the Knicks system.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The idea is that having Carmelo is far more important than having Raymond Felton.

Felton's contract is more of a stopgap before CP3 is available as a free agent anyway.

I think we could use a new coach or at least an assistant who is better at teaching defense. Billups wouldn't really go for the D'Antoni system but he does hit the 3-point shot extraordinarily well (better than anybody on our team), he plays far better defense than Felton, and he's got experience that will make up for the whole "not my system" thing.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
The idea is that having Carmelo is far more important than having Raymond Felton.

Felton's contract is more of a stopgap before CP3 is available as a free agent anyway.

I think we could use a new coach or at least an assistant who is better at teaching defense. Billups wouldn't really go for the D'Antoni system but he does hit the 3-point shot extraordinarily well (better than anybody on our team), he plays far better defense than Felton, and he's got experience that will make up for the whole "not my system" thing.

I agree with all of this. I would give up Felton, Gallinari, Curry, and First rounder for Billups and Melo.

But, it is a breaking point when they want Fields or Mozgov as well.

skisloper

Starter
Would not be surprised if we give up Felton that we dont trade a 2nd rounder for Duhon....

I am not a fan but he knows the system and can fill in......

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

Not sure if this was mentioned so if I am repeating than sorry... It is Felton+Gallo+another starter(Either Fields or Chandler)+Felton+Curry+#1 from AR trade for Melo and Billups.
Melo coming out and stating that he would consider an extension with Denver basically took away MOST leverage from NY so it looks like if we want him that is the price. Now, Walsh will most likely take this as close to zero hour as possible before he pulls the trigger on any deal or negates the trade.
Removing my obvious objection to this union... All things being equal... I don't have an issue with the asking price if we can remove 1 starter!
I just can't stomach gutting this team! If that Mother f-n CBA wasn't looming than I would feel a little more comfortable but we could make that trade and then they clamp down on the cap or even put a hard cap in and next thing you know; NY is stuck with STAT, Melo and scrubs filling out the rest of the roster.

Of course you would give up Gallo, anybody would, but to give up Gallo AND Fields AND Felton AND Randolph would be basically taking all of our assets away.

That being said you've still yet to tell me how someone who hits clutch 3's can be a momentum killer, or someone who gets to the free throw line 14 times a game, or someone who has the highest true shooting percentage on our team. It's almost as if you'd rather have Raymond Felton take more bad shots than give Gallo his good ones. What a Knick fan you are.

Personally, I'll give Denver Gallo and Curry and tell them to take a hike in one of them mountains up there. I think they're acting like beyotchs about this whole thing. I hate the politics in this. It's about balling not old men owning teams/players, and nerdy stat keepers.

What ya mean give Gallo his good ones? haha. i'm gonna ponder on that one. As far as Hitting Clutch 3's? uhmm, I believe a number of players on this team are hitting cutch threes....last I check. As far as momentum killing...watch the game closely. See how the team is running the ball with pure basketball. As Cylde sez it "dishing and swishing." When they play this way they are gelling, this will form pure defense. They have rhythm. They can't do this if gallo is playing cheap ball (imo, selfish ball but thats me). Do you really think its hard to make a person look like you foul them? Sell it to Denver...i'm not buying it.

I go away on a little vacation, come back...thinking this had merinated... and its still hard for some to see....wow.

I'm done with it bro. it's not that serious to me, they ain't going in their pockets for me. u heard?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I could not comprehend anything that you just wrote.

I like Gallo's game, you don't, fair enough, whatever. There's a reason Denver wants him, in any case.

But in any case we're giving up way too much when Carmelo wants to come to NY anyway. Trust me when I say that if this were a Gallo + Curry for Melo swap that he'd be in a Knick uniform tomorrow if I had anything to say about it.

But Gallo, Fields, Felton, and Randolph? Bit much.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I understand this is all part of the negotiation process, but this should be a done deal in my mind. Since when are Gallo and Felton untouchable pieces in the Knicks future?? Carmelo is a superstar in his prime. Mortgage the farm to get him. We are barely a .500 team at this point that cannot compete with the elite teams. Get it done donnie!!!

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I could not comprehend anything that you just wrote.

I like Gallo's game, you don't, fair enough, whatever. There's a reason Denver wants him, in any case.

But in any case we're giving up way too much when Carmelo wants to come to NY anyway. Trust me when I say that if this were a Gallo + Curry for Melo swap that he'd be in a Knick uniform tomorrow if I had anything to say about it.

But Gallo, Fields, Felton, and Randolph? Bit much.

I totally agree, I think it's more the combination of Galo and Felton that bothers me about the trade proposal. If it was Chandler in the trade proposal instead of Gallo I think I might pull the trigger.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I just can't stomach gutting this team! If that Mother f-n CBA wasn't looming than I would feel a little more comfortable but we could make that trade and then they clamp down on the cap or even put a hard cap in and next thing you know; NY is stuck with STAT, Melo and scrubs filling out the rest of the roster.

If this happens, Melo becomes public enemy #1 for me. He knows waiting until this summer to sign with us gives him and the Knicks the best chance at a championship.

But he wants that money. Even though he's made over $100 mil in his career thus far, apparently another $50 mil isn't enough. He's got to get that $65 mil. Even though he could easily make up the difference in NY endorsements, etc.

Lebron $14.5 mil to go for a championship
Bosh took $14.5 mil to go for a championship
Wade took $14 mil to go for a championship

Melo is demanding we sacrifice all of our assets so he can get $21 mil

I'm not sure we can ever win a championship with a player like that.

iSaYughh

Starter
Let's see if Melo actually does that!

He's held out so far. He didn't sign w Nugs, and blocked all the hot Jersey trades.

I agree tho...Why The ****...if DEN calls the bluff and doesn't trade to us for 20cents to the dollar...He doesn't just wait.

Winning, lifestyle, legend...Even $ through endorsements, and that which comes from fame/winning should more than compensate financially too.

Plus, his current bank account should give him bigger balls to gun for a NYC trade, or simply wait if semi-bluff gets called.

iSaYughh

Starter
If this happens, Melo becomes public enemy #1 for me. He knows waiting until this summer to sign with us gives him and the Knicks the best chance at a championship.

But he wants that money. Even though he's made over $100 mil in his career thus far, apparently another $50 mil isn't enough. He's got to get that $65 mil. Even though he could easily make up the difference in NY endorsements, etc.

Lebron $14.5 mil to go for a championship
Bosh took $14.5 mil to go for a championship
Wade took $14 mil to go for a championship

Melo is demanding we sacrifice all of our assets so he can get $21 mil

I'm not sure we can ever win a championship with a player like that.

Taxes. But still totally true.

Lebron, Wade, bosh saw the latent and undeniable value that would come...versus 20M deals w the New Jersey's of the world.

The same spot for Melo. It would be so ****ing simplistic and short sighted to take 20M from Jersey and think he is actually helping his bank account!