Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Melo news, They want Felt&Gallo

Superstar

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The idea is that having Carmelo is far more important than having Raymond Felton.

Felton's contract is more of a stopgap before CP3 is available as a free agent anyway.

I think we could use a new coach or at least an assistant who is better at teaching defense. Billups wouldn't really go for the D'Antoni system but he does hit the 3-point shot extraordinarily well (better than anybody on our team), he plays far better defense than Felton, and he's got experience that will make up for the whole "not my system" thing.
    I agree with all of this. I would give up Felton, Gallinari, Curry, and First rounder for Billups and Melo.

But, it is a breaking point when they want Fields or Mozgov as well.

Veteran

Would not be surprised if we give up Felton that we dont trade a 2nd rounder for Duhon....

I am not a fan but he knows the system and can fill in......

The idea is that having Carmelo is far more important than having Raymond Felton.

Felton's contract is more of a stopgap before CP3 is available as a free agent anyway.

I think we could use a new coach or at least an assistant who is better at teaching defense. Billups wouldn't really go for the D'Antoni system but he does hit the 3-point shot extraordinarily well (better than anybody on our team), he plays far better defense than Felton, and he's got experience that will make up for the whole "not my system" thing.
    Not sure if this was mentioned so if I am repeating than sorry... It is Felton+Gallo+another starter(Either Fields or Chandler)+Felton+Curry+#1 from AR trade for Melo and Billups.
    Melo coming out and stating that he would consider an extension with Denver basically took away MOST leverage from NY so it looks like if we want him that is the price. Now, Walsh will most likely take this as close to zero hour as possible before he pulls the trigger on any deal or negates the trade.
    Removing my obvious objection to this union... All things being equal... I don't have an issue with the asking price if we can remove 1 starter!
    I just can't stomach gutting this team! If that Mother f-n CBA wasn't looming than I would feel a little more comfortable but we could make that trade and then they clamp down on the cap or even put a hard cap in and next thing you know; NY is stuck with STAT, Melo and scrubs filling out the rest of the roster.

Veteran

Of course you would give up Gallo, anybody would, but to give up Gallo AND Fields AND Felton AND Randolph would be basically taking all of our assets away.

That being said you've still yet to tell me how someone who hits clutch 3's can be a momentum killer, or someone who gets to the free throw line 14 times a game, or someone who has the highest true shooting percentage on our team. It's almost as if you'd rather have Raymond Felton take more bad shots than give Gallo his good ones. What a Knick fan you are.
    Personally, I'll give Denver Gallo and Curry and tell them to take a hike in one of them mountains up there. I think they're acting like beyotchs about this whole thing. I hate the politics in this. It's about balling not old men owning teams/players, and nerdy stat keepers.

What ya mean give Gallo his good ones? haha. i'm gonna ponder on that one. As far as Hitting Clutch 3's? uhmm, I believe a number of players on this team are hitting cutch threes....last I check. As far as momentum killing...watch the game closely. See how the team is running the ball with pure basketball. As Cylde sez it "dishing and swishing." When they play this way they are gelling, this will form pure defense. They have rhythm. They can't do this if gallo is playing cheap ball (imo, selfish ball but thats me). Do you really think its hard to make a person look like you foul them? Sell it to Denver...i'm not buying it.

I go away on a little vacation, come back...thinking this had merinated... and its still hard for some to see....wow.

I'm done with it bro. it's not that serious to me, they ain't going in their pockets for me. u heard?

Veteran

I could not comprehend anything that you just wrote.

I like Gallo's game, you don't, fair enough, whatever. There's a reason Denver wants him, in any case.

But in any case we're giving up way too much when Carmelo wants to come to NY anyway. Trust me when I say that if this were a Gallo + Curry for Melo swap that he'd be in a Knick uniform tomorrow if I had anything to say about it.

But Gallo, Fields, Felton, and Randolph? Bit much.

Veteran

I understand this is all part of the negotiation process, but this should be a done deal in my mind. Since when are Gallo and Felton untouchable pieces in the Knicks future?? Carmelo is a superstar in his prime. Mortgage the farm to get him. We are barely a .500 team at this point that cannot compete with the elite teams. Get it done donnie!!!

I could not comprehend anything that you just wrote.

I like Gallo's game, you don't, fair enough, whatever. There's a reason Denver wants him, in any case.

But in any case we're giving up way too much when Carmelo wants to come to NY anyway. Trust me when I say that if this were a Gallo + Curry for Melo swap that he'd be in a Knick uniform tomorrow if I had anything to say about it.

But Gallo, Fields, Felton, and Randolph? Bit much.
    I totally agree, I think it's more the combination of Galo and Felton that bothers me about the trade proposal. If it was Chandler in the trade proposal instead of Gallo I think I might pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I just can't stomach gutting this team! If that Mother f-n CBA wasn't looming than I would feel a little more comfortable but we could make that trade and then they clamp down on the cap or even put a hard cap in and next thing you know; NY is stuck with STAT, Melo and scrubs filling out the rest of the roster.
    If this happens, Melo becomes public enemy #1 for me. He knows waiting until this summer to sign with us gives him and the Knicks the best chance at a championship.

But he wants that money. Even though he's made over $100 mil in his career thus far, apparently another $50 mil isn't enough. He's got to get that $65 mil. Even though he could easily make up the difference in NY endorsements, etc.

Lebron $14.5 mil to go for a championship
    Bosh took $14.5 mil to go for a championship
    Wade took $14 mil to go for a championship

Melo is demanding we sacrifice all of our assets so he can get $21 mil

I'm not sure we can ever win a championship with a player like that.

Veteran

Let's see if Melo actually does that!

He's held out so far. He didn't sign w Nugs, and blocked all the hot Jersey trades.

I agree tho...Why The ****...if DEN calls the bluff and doesn't trade to us for 20cents to the dollar...He doesn't just wait.

Winning, lifestyle, legend...Even $ through endorsements, and that which comes from fame/winning should more than compensate financially too.

Plus, his current bank account should give him bigger balls to gun for a NYC trade, or simply wait if semi-bluff gets called.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    If this happens, Melo becomes public enemy #1 for me. He knows waiting until this summer to sign with us gives him and the Knicks the best chance at a championship.

But he wants that money. Even though he's made over $100 mil in his career thus far, apparently another $50 mil isn't enough. He's got to get that $65 mil. Even though he could easily make up the difference in NY endorsements, etc.

Lebron $14.5 mil to go for a championship
    Bosh took $14.5 mil to go for a championship
    Wade took $14 mil to go for a championship

Melo is demanding we sacrifice all of our assets so he can get $21 mil

I'm not sure we can ever win a championship with a player like that.
    Taxes. But still totally true.

Lebron, Wade, bosh saw the latent and undeniable value that would come...versus 20M deals w the New Jersey's of the world.

The same spot for Melo. It would be so ****ing simplistic and short sighted to take 20M from Jersey and think he is actually helping his bank account!

Melo saying he's going to sit down and take a serious look at Denver's offer doesn't really take any leverage away from us IMO. I mean, there offering him a lot of money. Any sane, rational human being actually would sit down and listen to their pitch, and ofcourse he wants people to know that he would atleast DO said rational, sane, adult thing by sitting down w them and taking a look at the offer. That shouldn't preclude him from getting up from the the table, true desire intact (NY ofcourse), w the resolve to wait to come here if he had to. To me, Melo's not really saying anything by letting on that he'd consider the Denver offer.

On what they're asking, are they seriously facking nuts?

Donnie needs to wait and widle this thing down some. And for damn sure, if we know they want Gallo and Felton and another starter, it better facking not be Fields thrown in the deal. The frustration in me is bubbling at this point. If we give up Fields, Gallo and Felton along w the other ****e they're asking it will make me ill. Fack!

I WANT THIS FACKING DEAL TO BE DONE ALREADY!. I want to know which of my players, that I've grown to really like, are going for this guy...

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I understand this is all part of the negotiation process, but this should be a done deal in my mind. Since when are Gallo and Felton untouchable pieces in the Knicks future?? Carmelo is a superstar in his prime. Mortgage the farm to get him. We are barely a .500 team at this point that cannot compete with the elite teams. Get it done donnie!!!
    this...plus melo plays the same position as gallo! if we dont get rid of chandler and williams, then we'll have those 2 in the rotation with anthony..thats right

Veteran

Plus Carmelo knows what happened with LeBron's PR fiasco so he's not going to be stupid and hang himself out to dry with Denver fans by saying that he wouldn't consider the extension...

Originally Posted by Red
    we keep Fields.
    They want Felt, Gallo, Curry, and a 1st.

Giving back Billups & Melo
    If true what the hell is the holdup? Pull the trigger already. This is basically Felton and Gallinari for Melo and Billups. Curry and Randolph (traded for the 1st rd pick) are total non-factors for the Knicks. Throw in a couple of Knicks City Dancers for heaven sakes.

Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Ronny Turiaf, Landry Fields as a starting five is scary good.

I really don't understand you guys! If melo really is interested in the knicks he will come anyway at the end of his contract!
    but why give away Gallo? he's 22 years old and improving every year! as far as we know in 2 years time he could be as good as nowitzki!

you finallly have a management that is trying to build a team, but to build a team you need TIME and good players not just one superstar!

look at miami they have 2 out of the 3 best players of the league and they're still not the best team!
    look at the spurs, they made good picks in the last 2 years and they came back to win!

i think the knicks are a good young team now and they will improve every year and with some good picks and 1 or 2 big signs in the next two years they're going to start to win!

But if Melo is only looking for the money then leave him at denver where he will win nothing!