Melo to knicks, turned down by walsh

The nuggets are getting way too greedy.They wanted Gallo,Felton,Curry,and Another Starter+1st round pick for melo and billups.I'm glad walsh declined this offer.

skisloper

Starter
Be smart.
D'Antonio does not have say if Gallo goes or not.

Lets not be stupid...Walsh wants Carmelo.

He has under 9 days to pull it off.

Why does he need to pull the trigger today.

Realize we have 2 games only in 8 days.

There is a good chance that tomorrows game will be the last as the Knicks team we now know.....

HAVE FAITH IN WALSH.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I'll take the Nuggets offer except I'll give them Chandler instead of Galo, and they don't get a 3rd starter from my team. That would be my final offer. Take it or leave it.

ftw1.jpg

knick32

Rookie
Here is my problem with that article. Yes the Knicks are the num 1 scoring offense in the league, and when they score 110+ and are shooting on all cylinders usually they win the game. When the Knicks lose, it's because they settle for too many parameter/3pt shots and struggle. Yes the Knicks defense isn't great, but other than like 3, 4 teams in the league, whose defense is great now and days. Melo gives us a major element the Knicks are missing... Inside scoring and a better interior game. This is why i would hope to keep Galo because you don't want to get rid of the 3 pt element completely either, which by getting rid of Felton and Galo, u are doing.

Inside scoring like Amare? Do we post up Amare right and Melo left? It's complimentary skills we need, as you say, need inside and outside shooting, but more than that, we need defense.
:gony:
http://saynotocarmelo.blogspot.com

Sage

Rotation player
Does Amar'e post that much? As far as I can tell he likes getting the ball outside the key and driving.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Are you serious? Make the damn trade, get Melo here for whatever it takes. All this idiotic hype for Fields and Gallinari is getting ridiculous. Bring in the BIG DOG in Melo and everyone in NYC and across America will go nuts.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Are you serious? Make the damn trade, get Melo here for whatever it takes. All this idiotic hype for Fields and Gallinari is getting ridiculous. Bring in the BIG DOG in Melo and everyone in NYC and across America will go nuts.

If you ask me I think the reason the trade hasn't been made isn't because of Galo or fields, but is because of Felton. Felton has been awesome in this system, and to get rid of a young player like him who is only getting better and bring in Billups whose numbers are declining is dumb. Felton right now is the 2nd best player on the Knicks team next to Amar'e, and Galo is the third best player. If I'm the Knicks i only make the deal if I only have to get rid of 1 of those 2 guys, but I don't want to get rid of both Felton and Galo.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
If you ask me I think the reason the trade hasn't been made isn't because of Galo or fields, but is because of Felton. Felton has been awesome in this system, and to get rid of a young player like him who is only getting better and bring in Billups whose numbers are declining is dumb. Felton right now is the 2nd best player on the Knicks team next to Amar'e, and Galo is the third best player. If I'm the Knicks i only make the deal if I only have to get rid of 1 of those 2 guys, but I don't want to get rid of both Felton and Galo.

wasnt the big plan to get cp3 though?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
so, according to you guys. its pretty much a forgone conclusion we'll get him. apparently, he'd never sign the extension with the nuggets because if he had any intention to, he wouldve signed it before all this trade shit. and if he does, it'll be because denver wouldnt want to part with him (for what the knicks were offering/melo vetoing a trade if he went anywhere else) and also because he wants his money before the new CBA, but denver would have to dump him regardless because how can you keep a guy who you KNOW is there 100% because of the money? and since allegedly he wont accept a trade to the nets or any other team, in the end, the knicks will come away with melo and our deal that denver will be forced to accept will be a low ball deal, with probably chandler being the biggest piece we'd be losing....correct?..soooo..i guess we're getting melo?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Patience. If the offer went from Moz, Gallo, Fields, Chandler, Multiple picks to that in 3 days, imagine what it will be in 9 days.

Negotiation 101 here - Nuggets OFFERED that deal, that indicates the realistic ceiling, that means they are WILLING to take much less...

Exactly, Donnie played it cool. He expected them to come at em like they did, bitch asses. Can't blame em tho. Donnie's making his moves..

the nets because they have
more to offer

Have you been paying attention? There is no friggin way Melo goes to the Nets at this point. He basically left their owner on a street corner w no pants and a wig on in the S. Bronx at 2 am. He and Denver's FO played the Nets terribly.

I understand what you're saying but everyone knows that Denver wants Gallo and our FO would rather keep Gallo than trade him for anyone. Family and business doesn't mix and that's exactly what's happening to us. Anyone we have other than Stat should be trade-able at this point...but how many times have we heard Gallo is untradeable? What kind of garbage is that? He's not an all-star and he's an all around streaky player at best.

Why can't we just offer them a fair deal already? Everyone here that thinks Melo is just going to leave that money sitting on the table when there's going to be no basketball next season is crazy. If we don't send them a realistic counter offer, Melo might really consider going to the Nets. We're just making his decision easier. If we don't get him within 7 days or so of the deadline I believe we're not going to get him.

For Melo, I think Donnie would trade Gallo and Mike D. would dance a jig if it happened. But you can't give up Gallo and two other starters along w asset Curry (facking oxymoron there...) and a 1st.

Be smart.
D'Antonio does not have say if Gallo goes or not.

Lets not be stupid...Walsh wants Carmelo.

He has under 9 days to pull it off.

Why does he need to pull the trigger today.

Realize we have 2 games only in 8 days.

There is a good chance that tomorrows game will be the last as the Knicks team we now know.....

HAVE FAITH IN WALSH.

Ty for you sanity and pragmatism..

I agree.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Can we focus on one year at a time? We've been down this road with the Knicks in the past and it hasn't worked out.

so in that case, never trade anybody, never plan to make a play for a player the following year, or risk anyting so we can take it one year at a time.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
so in that case, never trade anybody, never plan to make a play for a player the following year, or risk anyting so we can take it one year at a time.

I didn't say that, but I think its ridiculous to say that it's okay to Trade Felton a young pg who is getting better every year because CP3 is avaliable in 2012. Don't get me wrong I want Melo hereas much as any other Knick fan, but for once can we make a smart trade here instead of jumping to the first trade that is offered.

iSaYughh

Starter
If Felton goes we must keep Gallo. If not just for his point-forward capabilities.

And that our 2, Fields, isn't a true 2, and certaintly isn't a passing-minded or adept 2.

If we had...Iggy, eg...And Gallo. Living w Douglas as our point for a year, even more, isn't a nightmare.

Douglas
Fields
Melo
Amare
Moz

And say we even get Glen Davis and another asset.

Could have nightmare potential dissapointment for us, due to such weak ass guard play, re: passing, facilitation, running the ssol show.

Plus, we simply lose big pieces in this if Gallo goes regardless.

In itself, are we better..Ya, Melo is that good. But make no mistake: we will still be in build-up mode. Albeit w more star power, and an easier blueprint (or more solidified one) to build a contender.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
:update:

Melo talks heating up, parameters set with NY

Alan Hahn on Newsday reports that talks between the Nuggets and Knicks will go through the All Star weekend, and that parameters are set between the two teams as they intensify negotiations.
He implies that the two parties have a loose agreement and that it's now time to quibble over the details, and adds that talks will get "red hot by next Tuesday." This fits with everything we've been tracking, and owners of all Knicks not named Amare are still on notice.

:alert::peace::thumbsup::smokin:

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
:update:

Melo talks heating up, parameters set with NY

Alan Hahn on Newsday reports that talks between the Nuggets and Knicks will go through the All Star weekend, and that parameters are set between the two teams as they intensify negotiations.
He implies that the two parties have a loose agreement and that it's now time to quibble over the details, and adds that talks will get "red hot by next Tuesday." This fits with everything we've been tracking, and owners of all Knicks not named Amare are still on notice.

:alert::peace::thumbsup::smokin:

Is this just in?