Should Amare Play In Tomorrow's Game?

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I know he says he is fine and that his ankle is just a little sore, but should he just sit out of the game against the Hawks tomorrow? Personally I think it might be a good idea and just rest through the all-star break. I rather have him back 100 percent healthy then risk any further injury.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I know he says he is fine and that his ankle is just a little sore, but should he just sit out of the game against the Hawks tomorrow? Personally I think it might be a good idea and just rest through the all-star break. I rather have him back 100 percent healthy then risk any further injury.

Agreed. At this point, I don't think it matters if we are 8th or 6th seed. Our superstars health is more important than anything else. I half jokingly suggest playing the bench most of the game and give the entire starting line save Mozgov an enitre week off.

Let Anthony Randolph, Bill Walker, Roger Mason get some playing time...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Agreed. At this point, I don't think it matters if we are 8th or 6th seed. Our superstars health is more important than anything else. I half jokingly suggest playing the bench most of the game and give the entire starting line save Mozgov an enitre week off.

Let Anthony Randolph, Bill Walker, Roger Mason get some playing time...
Kind of agree with this, but this is the Hawks. Only one I wouldn't mind resting is Amar'e. It'd be great if we won against them after the last two games.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
what are u guys his parents ?

The dude is a grown man I think he can make the decision....

What does this look like backyard ball with your friends? This man is making millions of dollars with the Knick's organization and is their star player. If he has any signs of injury at all, they shouldn't be risking is health and season over one game.

skisloper

Starter
What does this look like backyard ball with your friends? This man is making millions of dollars with the Knick's organization and is their star player. If he has any signs of injury at all, they shouldn't be risking is health and season over one game.

I would imagine that he would not be playing if he was hurt.
That was my point.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I would imagine that he would not be playing if he was hurt.
That was my point.

Not true at all.

Coaches always say that they have to protect the players from themselves because they'll go out there and play when they shouldn't be. STAT's injuries don't seem to be severe, but still...I'd rather be safe than sorry. Especially while witnessing what Roy is going thru after going against the advised info of sitting in the playoffs last year and going out there to play...how do you look a cautionary tale in the face and say :shrug: "mehh."

p0nder

Starter
Team doctors can clear a player to play and the knicks have some of the best in the league. Still, I think Amar'e should play tonight and in the ASG it's great exposure for the knicks and a win against the hawks, who might be looking forward to the break themselves and come out lax, would be big for us at this point in the season.

Amar'e is hyper aware of his injury issues and does a LOT to make sure that he stays healthy. If this was Gallo or another young player that doesn't have Amar'e experiences then yeah, i'd be more inlined to sit him, but Amar'e knows whats up.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Absolutely not, IMO. Sacrifice 1 win - 1 win, for the sake of saving a season ending tragedy. This is a result of being under manned, over played and under adjusted.

p0nder

Starter
And Spreewell played through a broken toe for weeks with us.

A toe is one of those injuries that is hard to gauge and sometimes players use it as an excuce to pull themselves out of games, without having too much questions/examinings from doctors.

I think Amar'e took himself out of the Nets game as much to get the players to try and focus without him as it was to get some rest.

He is in war mode right now and looking for blood against horford and the hawks, he won't be held out of this one. As well, the ASG is typically not overly strenuous on players. Most of the time the guys just play defense flat footed and there's not much chance for injury. I'm not concerned about that game at all. But this hawks game is a good chance for us to defeat a team that is above us in the conference and a possible playoff match up.

If his injury gets worse it will set the team back. He is already sitting on the bench with ice packs on both knees...half way thru the season. With all the money the Knicks are paying him, it might be best to rest him during this time of the season (ALLSTAR break). let him heal up a bit.

The coach should play some of the people with bench splinters in their ass. Amare is one player to a team...not the team.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
If his injury gets worse it will set the team back. He is already sitting on the bench with ice packs on both knees...half way thru the season. With all the money the Knicks are paying him, it might be best to rest him during this time of the season (ALLSTAR break). let him heal up a bit.

The coach should play some of the people with bench splinters in their ass. Amare is one player to a team...not the team.

Agreed. We are paying him a lot of money and he is burnt out. He is fighting through pains and injuries, which I want from a leader, but we will need him not just this year, but next year too (and the next three years after that). Give our guys a nice, long break. The last game was Saturday? Our next game is Wednesday of next week (after the Hawks game)? Give them the 10-11 days off.