Do It!!!!!

Haha Stephen A. Smith what a legend!

I actually feel the same, in fact most Knick fans do. I could swear that D'Antoni is the reason the trade hasn't happened yet. He doesn't wanna lose his beloved son Gallo....

It's a damn shame you can't include coaches in a trade package, otherwise I would send them Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Mason and the D'Antonis plus Phil Weber in exchange for Melo.

Is it karma or why do we always end up with shit coaches since JVG had to leave a decade ago?????

skisloper

Starter
Haha Stephen A. Smith what a legend!

I actually feel the same, in fact most Knick fans do. I could swear that D'Antoni is the reason the trade hasn't happened yet. He doesn't wanna lose his beloved son Gallo....

It's a damn shame you can't include coaches in a trade package, otherwise I would send them Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Mason and the D'Antonis plus Phil Weber in exchange for Melo.

Is it karma or why do we always end up with shit coaches since JVG had to leave a decade ago?????

Stop with the D'Antonio/Gallo crap. You sound like the Donnie is a just an Isiah like moron.

There is absolutely no way Walsh would hold up a deal because of the coach.
This will probably be the last team Walsh is able to build in his long career. He will go out with a bang.

Just be patient.

Gallo, Felton, Curry, Fields and a first round is a alot to give up 8 days before the deadline.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Man that was some funny stuff there. I'm so with you brah. I've said this before and I'll say it again... Do whatever you have to do to get this man in a Knick uniform NOW!!! ( or at least before the 24th like Smith said...:teeth::teeth::teeth:)

agree100.gif

iJoe

Rotation player
The sad part is.... the more desperate we act, the more power we give to Denver.

Right now, if we were to say yes to the deal, they'd backtrack and ask for more. There are multiple reports that say the Nugs have no clue what they want and thats exactly why the Nets deal fell dead. They just keep asking for more.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
You know, the more the days go by, the more I'm actually starting to agree with stephen a. smith. Let's remind everyone of what Denver has asked for.... Galo, Felton, 1st Rd Pick, Curry, Other Starter (lets say Moz).. Although the Knicks are giving up a lot, technically speaking they aren't really giving up the house. They still keep Fields, they still keep Chandler, and they get Billups where while not as good and young as Felton, is still proven, with the biggest issue being if he can run under D'antoni's system and his passion to play in NY. The Question then becomes who becomes the Knicks starting Center, but I'm sure they could sign someone or figure something out... Let's say this exact trade goes down and the roster ends up looking like this.

Stat, Melo, Billups
Role Players: Fields, Chandler, Douglas, Walker, Azab, (if he can get back and be healthy) Turiaf

Technically speaking, that is not terrible.

skisloper

Starter
Have you guys not been watching thie MeloDrama ?????

Why would Donnie ever say YES today when the Nuggets have played games during this whole process.

We now have 7.5 days......say YES when they cannot ask for more.

Devnver has no reason to pull the trigger until they have too....

Donnie says YES now then Denver runs around for better bids on Melo...

Smith is correct we 100% need Melo.
We the KNICKS do not control this game until the deadline is within 48 hours.

tiger0330

Legend
You know, the more the days go by, the more I'm actually starting to agree with stephen a. smith. Let's remind everyone of what Denver has asked for.... Galo, Felton, 1st Rd Pick, Curry, Other Starter (lets say Moz).. Although the Knicks are giving up a lot, technically speaking they aren't really giving up the house. They still keep Fields, they still keep Chandler, and they get Billups where while not as good and young as Felton, is still proven, with the biggest issue being if he can run under D'antoni's system and his passion to play in NY. The Question then becomes who becomes the Knicks starting Center, but I'm sure they could sign someone or figure something out... Let's say this exact trade goes down and the roster ends up looking like this.

Stat, Melo, Billups
Role Players: Fields, Chandler, Douglas, Walker, Azab, (if he can get back and be healthy) Turiaf

Technically speaking, that is not terrible.
I am thinking this is pretty much how it's going to go down. Trading Galo instead of Chandler because Melo plays the same position, the 3rd player may be Fields, Denver wants him more than Moz. I hope not and we keep him, if Moz goes then we re-sign Barron as has been rumored.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
i think smith and a lot of the fans need to chill...the ball is in our court so theres no need to give up EVERYBODY now when the ball is clearly in our court..hell we MIGHT end up walking away with chandler being our biggest loss in the trade

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
1. If Melo is about winning, he takes a pay cut and comes in the offseason.
2. A departure seems unfit with a winning record.
3. If Melo is about money and instant gratification, he looks to be traded.
4. Dividing this team is not about his unwillingness to be the center of a media storm. It's about us. He is not a part of that collective noun.
5. With an almost certain 1st round departure it will be easier to leave Denver in the post season - money aside.
6. Denver are losing a lot of players at season's end, if he leaves then, the focus will be less on him, and more on the bungles and missed chances of former management.

Be patient boys........ We'll reap the benefits within less than a year. That's a 7th of the amount of time we spent suffering before this season.

mafra

Legend
1. If Melo is about winning, he takes a pay cut and comes in the offseason.
2. A departure seems unfit with a winning record.
4. Dividing this team is not about his unwillingness to be the center of a media storm. It's about us. He is not a part of that collective noun.
5. With an almost certain 1st round departure it will be easier to leave Denver in the post season - money aside.
6. Denver are losing a lot of players at season's end, if he leaves then, the focus will be less on him, and more on the bungles and missed chances of former management.

Be patient boys........ We'll reap the benefits within less than a year. That's a 7th of the amount of time we spent suffering before this season.

1. Carmelo doesn't feel like risking it and ends up signing the extension to stay in DEN.

2. Somebody steps up and offers something more come July (Chi decides to part with Noah, Lakers with Bynum, Nets... whatever). Given some good clubs another post season to assess whether they want to keep certain assets moving fwd, or not.

3. Somebody like DAL swoops in a rents Carmelo at the last second, and Carmelo ends up signing extension with that team.

4. New CBA includes some sort of franchise tag and now Carmelo is stuck for another season.

5. Carmelo is a free agent, but somebody else comes in and sweeps him off his feet.

6. Walsh fails to deliver, Dolan doesn't pick up his option, brings I-Thomas back to go get Carmelo.

7. DEN wont sign-&-trade Anthony to NY so he loses millions and is sort of ticked off.

There are many reasons why we should do this trade. There's only 1 ball and D'antoni plays 7-9 players anyway. Build team around Stoudemire & Anthony. Knicks have the most feared offensive SF/PF combo in the league.

Remember, the Nuggets were 17-65 the year before Carmelo arrived. They went 43-39 his rooke year and made the playoffs (in the Western Confernce nonetheless). In his 3rd year, playing with Stoudemire and Felton... Gallo is barely the 3rd option on a team that is on pace to win 41 games.

To pass on Carmelo b/c we want to keep Gallinari, Chandler, Fields, Mozgov? FOOLISH. Knicks have Williams to knock down 3s. They'll keep one or two of the 4 kids. They'll have Turiaf and a 1st round pick. Billups. They'll be able to add pieces the next 2 offseasons.

Knicks have to get Carmelo, Paul or Deron. The moment one becomes available... GO GET HIM. Fields is nice. We can draft another in June. You can't just go find a Carmelo.

Toons

is the Bo$$
1. If Melo is about winning, he takes a pay cut and comes in the offseason.2. A departure seems unfit with a winning record.

losing 15-16 mil is not a ''pay cut''
no one in their right mind just throws away 15 mil without finding a way to get the money and be happy. lol @ taking a pay cut. dude still has a high maintenance wife and life.

Yeah i think that trade offer was pretty good.

Billups is a Solid PG who is in good shape and a Better passer then Ray is.

Plus he has 13 million coming off the books. Add that plus Azzy's expiring and thats 16 million in cap room!!!

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Craziness man.

I'm glad Stephen A Smith is back... I was at Knicks Lakers and I was like ''who is that dude who is just on the court talkin to Spike at every time out, this balding mofo -- and I was like HEY, thats SAS!! Love this dudes energy.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
1. Carmelo doesn't feel like risking it and ends up signing the extension to stay in DEN.

2. Somebody steps up and offers something more come July (Chi decides to part with Noah, Lakers with Bynum, Nets... whatever). Given some good clubs another post season to assess whether they want to keep certain assets moving fwd, or not.

3. Somebody like DAL swoops in a rents Carmelo at the last second, and Carmelo ends up signing extension with that team.

4. New CBA includes some sort of franchise tag and now Carmelo is stuck for another season.

5. Carmelo is a free agent, but somebody else comes in and sweeps him off his feet.

6. Walsh fails to deliver, Dolan doesn't pick up his option, brings I-Thomas back to go get Carmelo.

7. DEN wont sign-&-trade Anthony to NY so he loses millions and is sort of ticked off.

There are many reasons why we should do this trade. There's only 1 ball and D'antoni plays 7-9 players anyway. Build team around Stoudemire & Anthony. Knicks have the most feared offensive SF/PF combo in the league.

Remember, the Nuggets were 17-65 the year before Carmelo arrived. They went 43-39 his rooke year and made the playoffs (in the Western Confernce nonetheless). In his 3rd year, playing with Stoudemire and Felton... Gallo is barely the 3rd option on a team that is on pace to win 41 games.

To pass on Carmelo b/c we want to keep Gallinari, Chandler, Fields, Mozgov? FOOLISH. Knicks have Williams to knock down 3s. They'll keep one or two of the 4 kids. They'll have Turiaf and a 1st round pick. Billups. They'll be able to add pieces the next 2 offseasons.

Knicks have to get Carmelo, Paul or Deron. The moment one becomes available... GO GET HIM. Fields is nice. We can draft another in June. You can't just go find a Carmelo.

exactly. anyody who thinks we can just sit on and WAIT for a top 10/top 5 superstar to fall into our laps is out of their mind

knicksin60

Starter
The Knicks would be making a big mistake if they make this trade.They are already a team loaded with superstars.Landry Fields, Ray Felton, Danilo Gallinari, and Wilson Chandler are all players that will lead the Knicks to a dynasty.This is a trade that Isiah Thomas would make.The Knicks would just fall back into irrelevancy with Carmelo Anthony.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
He's made over $100 mil in his career so far. So $150 mil isn't enough, he's got to get $165 mil, at the expense of all the Knicks assets.

He would be a GOD if he waited and sacrficed for NY. Instead he's demanding WE sacrifice for HIM so he can get $165 mil instead of $150 mil.

Can we ever win a championship with a selfish player like this?

Sources: Karl More Comfortable Coaching Nuggets Without Carmelo

The Nuggets are fighting to hold together a locker room that has grown frustrated with Carmelo Anthony's selfish play, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

Several sources have indicated that Denver's players and coaching staff are frustrated with Anthony chasing shots and points over winning games, his refusal to listen to coach George Karl and how he has distanced himself from the team as the season has progressed.

For these reasons, few believe the Nuggets can still sign him to a three-year, $65 million extension.

"With the way he's distanced himself from the team, the organization, they're kidding themselves if they think he's signing a new deal," one league official told Yahoo! Sports. "He hasn't checked out on the season because he never checked in."

The Nuggets are working to sign Karl to an extension and sources claim he's more comfortable coaching the team without Anthony.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Comfortable_Coaching_Nuggets_Without_Carmelo

Melo has clashed with Karl his entire time in Denver. There have been many instances where Karl was upset with Melo not listening to him and him being more concerned with getting his points over winning.

Can we ever win a championship with a selfish player like this? Be careful what we wish for. This could end up being Marbury all over again.

mafra

Legend
He's made over $100 mil in his career so far. So $150 mil isn't enough, he's got to get $165 mil, at the expense of all the Knicks assets.

He would be a GOD if he waited and sacrficed for NY. Instead he's demanding WE sacrifice for HIM so he can get $165 mil instead of $150 mil.

Can we ever win a championship with a selfish player like this?

Melo has clashed with Karl his entire time in Denver. There have been many instances where Karl was upset with Melo not listening to him and him being more concerned with getting his points over winning.

Can we ever win a championship with a selfish player like this? Be careful what we wish for. This could end up being Marbury all over again.

Jeter made 200 million yet he still held out for every nickle. Is Derek selfish?

knicksin60

Starter
Jeter made 200 million yet he still held out for every nickle. Is Derek selfish?

Mostly every player on the Yankees is selfish.They don't really care about winning, because they know that the Steinbrenners will overpay for them.Cliff Lee is a true hero for choosing to have the chance to win a WS ring over being the highest paid pitcher in baseball.