Sweetney a Starter???

Eli Manning him...keep KT for the begining of the year and slowly increase sweetneys minutes and trade KT at the deadline for a legit center. Don't get me wrong, i love KT but he can bring back alot and we have the PF of the future in sweetney.
Or if we can...package KT and TT for vinsanity...we have plenty of swingmen as backup just in case his knees fail, adn for vinsanity, i don't mind throwing sweetney into the ring right now for a full 40 minutes.
Now that i think about it, thats not such a bad deal...KT and TT for Vince. Or even KT and contracts to dallas, walker to toronto and vince to ny...hey it may just work. Or even KT to dallas, TT to toronto, Vince and walker to NY and contracts to both of them...but thats just too good to be true. I can dream can't I?
so off topic...he can be a starter this season, just not at the beginning of the season

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
if kt leaves in the scheme of aquiring dampier or crawford I have full confidence in sweetney. Hes a monster on the offensive boards, hes nice in the low post he can draw a foul well adn still get the bucket i think letting him start would be just helping him reach his potential faster

JJtheKnick

Starter
sweetney would be the starter and i would have no problem with it plus if anything we got vin baker on the bench soo its all good

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
pbjb14 said:
if kt leaves in the scheme of aquiring dampier or crawford I have full confidence in sweetney. Hes a monster on the offensive boards, hes nice in the low post he can draw a foul well adn still get the bucket i think letting him start would be just helping him reach his potential faster

I agree 100%

JJtheKnick

Starter
sweetnet a stater is the best way to see what this kid can do. we already saw what a monster he is off the bench. i cant wait to see what he does as a starter

kevin

Benchwarmer
There are two problems with Sweetney
1. Not an great face the basket game
2. Very Very foul prone

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
KEVIN, KEVIN, KEVIN :hump:

Finnally, someone with good basketball sense. I say trade Sweetney. He's a backup PF. That's it! I love his game but I'm afraid he won't be able to guard anyone with his weight and slow feet which causes him to pick-up quick files. He has had this problem also in the summer league. I say trade him while his stock is high for Stromile Swift. We need another shot-blocker. That's something else that Sweets isn't any good at. I could live with him starting but I'd rather see him gone for Swift.

JJtheKnick

Starter
kevin said:
There are two problems with Sweetney
1. Not an great face the basket game
2. Very Very foul prone

did you forget this kid was a rookie last year. he is still so young we cant expect him to be like ewing or something in his first year. we have to wait to see what he can do

TmAc N Knicks4life said:
SHould sweetney start this year when seaosn biggens??? he has proven him self in summa league but..so did frank williams last year.

in the summer league he proved that he is really a nice player. but in the regular season games, its a whole different history

JJtheKnick

Starter
Knicks Brazilian Fan said:
TmAc N Knicks4life said:
SHould sweetney start this year when seaosn biggens??? he has proven him self in summa league but..so did frank williams last year.

in the summer league he proved that he is really a nice player. but in the regular season games, its a whole different history

he was good the regular season. dont forget he was a rookie and still has alot to learn. he did so much last year as a rookie. think whats he ganna do in a few years

MATT

Rookie
I don't think he shouldn't start, but I'm not too sure if he should. I think the 4 spot is open all the way until the season starts, either way it'll give the Knicks a lot of depth

JJtheKnick

Starter
dasilva1079 said:
If we trade Kurt, Sweetney should definetely start.
Dude reminds me a little of Larry Johnson

there will be no one else but sweetney to start. baker is to old and we need him on the bench. sweetney is young and ready to prove something.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
I can see Sweet starting...but, I do question if he can make it through an entire NBA season...this is where depth would be an issue and Baker is not exactly reliable...I think Williams will see a lot of time.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
You don't win an NBA championship or even make the finals without a bonefide big man. Sweets is good but we need someone to offset the two O'Neals in the east. We need someone that can block shots, rebound, score and run the floor to compliment Marbury and Crawford. Also, if we get Swift he is able to play the center position too. He's more versatile, has more range, he's in shape, more experienced and about the same age as Sweetney. This guy was I believe the 4th pick over all.