Patience Is Yet To Fail

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
donnie-walsh-carmelo-trade-tampering.jpg

From Ken Berger of CBS Sports:

Give Donnie Walsh credit: He hasn't been baited by a desperate counterpart.

Walsh knows what I?ve told you for months, that the Nuggets essentially are negotiating with one team. Walsh is not budging in his refusal to gut his roster to acquire a player he can simply sign as a free agent after the season. And despite some hysterical calculations from amateur capologists everywhere, sources say it?s inconceivable that the Knicks wouldn?t have enough room for free-agent Melo regardless of how the collective bargaining agreement turns out.

alg_dantoni_anthony.jpg

[...] In many ways, it would be more advantageous to Anthony and the Knicks to unite via free agency. For one, Walsh wouldn?t have to give up any pieces of a young nucleus that has shown promise at times this season. For another, a max free-agent deal that presumably will start a few million shy of the $18.5 million Anthony is on the books for next season would help the Knicks add to the roster over the next two years.

9209232-large.jpg

Unlikely:

The one thing I?d be worried about if the Knicks stand firm on its stance is if another teams tries to acquire ?Melo in the 11th hour on the cheap without being guaranteed he signs an extension with that team and the Nuggets make that trade to spite the Knicks. A longshot, yes, but with the way things have gone you just never know. In that case, the Knicks would have to hope ?Melo decides not to sign an extension with that team and instead sign with the Knicks as a free agent. It goes back to whether ?Melo is willing to risk millions in the new CBA.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;157836 said:
Is anyone still prepared to agree with Denver's greed? Why back down to a desperate counterpart?
Man, forget this trade. We have cap, we can still get a lot better whether we have him or not. Plus, it looks likes the chances are strong he'll sign with us if we choose to do it in free agency.

Also wouldn't mind STAT as the only superstar leading the Knicks in the Playoffs in his first year. Would be interesting.

From a recent article i read that denver wanted 4/5 of our starting lineup.
"The Post has learned the Nuggets made a whopping demand one week ago that is more exorbitant than recent reports. According to a league source debriefed on Carmelo Anthony negotiations, Denver asked for Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Landry Fields, Raymond Felton,Timofey Mosgov and a first-round pick (obtained via Anthony Randolph) for Anthony and point guard Chauncey Billups."
Yes, it looks like the Nuggets demanded everything but James Dolan's Radio City Music Hall.

There's a report Denver is asking for all of our starters save Amare! **** them get nothing then
Agreed.At most,Donnie should offer Chandler,Gallo,Curry,and Randolph,and MAYBE even throw in Mozgov.oh yeah and i really don't want to give up felton or fields,i feel like he hasn't reached his full potential.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The reason a deal isn’t already done is because Donnie Walsh is exercising great patience. He knows that the Nuggets’ bargaining position isn’t as strong as they’d like people to believe. He thinks he can get Anthony and Billups for Gallinari, Felton and a first round pick (or Anthony Randolph), but it sounds like the Nuggets are continuing to ask for more.

But time’s a wastin’. The Nuggets aren’t likely to let the trade deadline pass without getting something for Carmelo. The team isn’t playing well and they aren’t a threat to make a strong playoff push with a fractured locker room. If Denver balks at a trade with the Knicks, then the Nuggets risk going the way of the Cavs or Raptors…and look at those teams now.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/a...t_office_fractured_over_carmelo_talks/4179561

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I thought the original trade reported two days ago was kind of steep and now they want more? lol They can keep him. Good luck trading him before the deadline with those kind of ridiculous demands. And for all the crappy teams out there like the nets. If you do pull off a trade, good luck getting him to sign an extension. People, the ball are in the Knicks court. They are the only team Melo is willing to sign an extension with, and all reports indicate that the players and Denver is sick of Melo. If they are so sick of him then lower your demands and stop being stupid about it.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
"It goes back to whether ?Melo is willing to risk millions in the new CBA"

and if melo wants to spite the knicks for not trading for him

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I thought the original trade reported two days ago was kind of steep and now they want more? lol They can keep him. Good luck trading him before the deadline with those kind of ridiculous demands. And for all the crappy teams out there like the nets. If you do pull off a trade, good luck getting him to sign an extension. People, the ball are in the Knicks court. They are the only team Melo is willing to sign an extension with, and all reports indicate that the players and Denver is sick of Melo. If they are so sick of him then lower your demands and stop being stupid about it.

why should they keep him? its not even a longshot to do something with this current roster, theres simply no shot. you get the stars then build around them, not vice versa

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;157845 said:
The reason a deal isn?t already done is because Donnie Walsh is exercising great patience. He knows that the Nuggets? bargaining position isn?t as strong as they?d like people to believe. He thinks he can get Anthony and Billups for Gallinari, Felton and a first round pick (or Anthony Randolph), but it sounds like the Nuggets are continuing to ask for more.

But time?s a wastin?. The Nuggets aren?t likely to let the trade deadline pass without getting something for Carmelo. The team isn?t playing well and they aren?t a threat to make a strong playoff push with a fractured locker room. If Denver balks at a trade with the Knicks, then the Nuggets risk going the way of the Cavs or Raptors?and look at those teams now.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/a...t_office_fractured_over_carmelo_talks/4179561

Yes! Excellent thread.

Damn. There is an irrefutable, paramount truth in play, as it has been for months. And 99% of every article that has been written about Melo is fatally flawed because of it's ignorance to it. Whether it's willful ignorance or not, which I'd say it partially is because the relative simplicity of this situation requires more nuance and thoughtful critique than most sports writers are willing to endeavor.

If we accept the ~fact~ that Melo will only sign an extension here; every talk of this Nets & Co has the gravitas of the desperate ravings of a lunatic. It's all in their head, their fantasies, their whimsy of emotional clawing.

Breaking News: iSayUghh Re-Enagages Vigorously In Efforts To Insert His Dick Into Ivana Trump's Mouth.

Ya don't say, old boy.

In this scenario, I am DEN, Ms. Trump is Carmelo, and my phallus -- the most insignificent and figuratively impotent charachters of them all -- are The Jersey Boys.

Typically, Ivana tosses some change at my courderoy slacks and fulfils the drstiny of her desire to bang the billionaire Greek boytoy, who, while still unrefined, has the initimatable power of his family and legacy (this is a joint analogy for New York Knicks, as well as James Clown Dolan).

My dick will still simply be serviced by the stale, reptition of Palmela (aka The Jersey Boy's predictable trot towards losing and looking up the alpha male of the tri-state).

And me, personally, I accept the situation, let it happen, and go to bed to fight another day when the vicissitudes of life are at least somewhat in my favor. The simple lure of getting off, getting something done, not feeling abject failure -- it's strong.

I'd say this happens 9999/10000 in this situation at hand. Unless "I" roofie "Ivana" somehow with no one noticing, perform mind control, and sway her. Possible? Sure. Plausible? **** no. Even if she's mad desperate and hasn't been laid in months, top choice steak holds out for the Viking grill 99x outta a hundrid. It doesn't settle because a camp fire on the Jersey Shore is going.

Let us not be swayed by the ugly, douchey, transparently insecure kid at the bar making a lot of noise at last hour, and actually think he is going to get laid. It doesn't happen. I know. And New Jersey knows.

/mixed metaphors.

Let's let this play out, give Wheels credit, hope he doesn't buckle to Dolan and media fervor, and let freedom reign.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
why should they keep him? its not even a longshot to do something with this current roster, theres simply no shot. you get the stars then build around them, not vice versa

I don't care if the trade if for Lebron James. I am not getting rid of 4 of my starters for a star and one aging player, especially 4 young starters. No way in hell. I rather take my chances with free agency.

The worst that could happen for waiting is not really that bad!

Well I for one am ready to just keep the young talent, make what looks like a really good chance for picking him up in the off season and building on what is a good foundation for the future. This year I would like to see what these young players led by Stat can do in the playoffs. If we sign Melo this summer, great. If for some reason we don't, we can make some deals (a center!) and work on getting D12 (I would rather him than CP3) for what would look to be great combination of talent and team that should just get better and better for a long time.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I don't care if the trade if for Lebron James. I am not getting rid of 4 of my starters for a star and one aging player, especially 4 young starters. No way in hell. I rather take my chances with free agency.

a superstar, not a star

we still wouldnt even be CONTENDERS if we keep these guys and pick up some guy in free agency

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
a superstar, not a star

we still wouldnt even be CONTENDERS if we keep these guys and pick up some guy in free agency

I still say be patient and the Knick's will get him for a lot less than they are asking for...

Galo, Chandler, First Rd Pick, Curry, Azab for Melo (Billups not included)

That's how I see the trade go down.

Even if we don't get him there is still a chance we might ship useless Randolph to Minnesota for a 1st round pick which might turn out to be a good player (see Chandler late 1st round pick and Fields 2nd round pick).

Gallo has also room for improvement. His driving ability is already up there with the best. The way he attacks the rim and throws it down is very nice to watch at times. He has to do it more often though and improve his shooting, which is subpar this season.

Mozgov and Fields will improve aswell. Landry Fields with experience and a solid jump shot - scary thought. Mozgov with experience and more toughness - scary thought. Toney Douglas hasn't reached his peak yet either.

So even if we don't get Melo and Chris Paul we're not doomed imo. We won't win a championship, but this group has the potential to develop into a nice team and make a few good runs in the playoffs. The potential is there and in all honesty: Reaching the Conference Finals with a mostly home grown team would fill me with pride, much more than just buying success like Miami or Boston did.

The key is defense, defense, defense. Last night showed us once again - when we play defense we can shit on everybody in this league.

Crazy⑧s;157835 said:
donnie-walsh-carmelo-trade-tampering.jpg

From Ken Berger of CBS Sports:

Give Donnie Walsh credit: He hasn't been baited by a desperate counterpart.

Walsh knows what I?ve told you for months, that the Nuggets essentially are negotiating with one team. Walsh is not budging in his refusal to gut his roster to acquire a player he can simply sign as a free agent after the season. And despite some hysterical calculations from amateur capologists everywhere, sources say it?s inconceivable that the Knicks wouldn?t have enough room for free-agent Melo regardless of how the collective bargaining agreement turns out.

alg_dantoni_anthony.jpg

9209232-large.jpg

Unlikely:

Whats funny is that earlier this year there were reports that Denver disliked every player on our roster. Now they want them all. What idiots...