Curry
    Felton
    Moz
    Gallo
    1st rounder

melo
    billups

Take out Moz and I'd make that trade

Breaking News: Knicks make counter offer to Denver: The Package Would Include:

All 500lbs of Curry
    A 1st Rounder
    A 2nd Rounder
    A 3rd Rounder
    A 4th Rounder
    A 15th Rounder

For:

Billups
    Melo
    Lala Vazquez

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Take out Moz and I'd make that trade
    Or switch Chandler for Gallo and somehow get back a big.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Or switch Chandler for Gallo and somehow get back a big.

at this rate we wont even have enough players to dress for a game.

literally

with bukie injured

getting rid of 5 guys for 2

we would be stuck around 10 players active lol.

Denver is just trying to push us off right now.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    at this rate we wont even have enough players to dress for a game.

literally

with bukie injured

getting rid of 5 guys for 2

we would be stuck around 10 players active lol.

Denver is just trying to push us off right now.
    Well would could sing Barron if we don't get a big back in the trade.

Donnie knows the deal will get better. If it doesn't and someone else swoops in, at this point I don't care. If Melo really wanted to be here he would state so to Denver management behind closed doors and then they will work out a deal. If they keep asking for so many ridiculous assets then I have no problem moving on with the team we have and possibly focusing our deadline efforts on getting a big and a backup PG. If Melo doesn't come here in the summer he can spin it anyway he wants that we didn't try hard enough to get him, he was there on a silver platter but, we were not giving up half the team for 2 players.

Originally Posted by nyk1986
    Donnie knows the deal will get better. If it doesn't and someone else swoops in, at this point I don't care. If Melo really wanted to be here he would state so to Denver management behind closed doors and then they will work out a deal. If they keep asking for so many ridiculous assets then I have no problem moving on with the team we have and possibly focusing our deadline efforts on getting a big and a backup PG. If Melo doesn't come here in the summer he can spin it anyway he wants that we didn't try hard enough to get him, he was there on a silver platter but, we were not giving up half the team for 2 players.
    Sadly you are right. There is a new rumor every 5 seconds and after a while you just have to stop listening to it. The bottom line is if Melo really wants to the Knicks he can make that happen whether its convincing Denver to trade him now to Knicks for a reasonable offer or to come during free agency. If he goes to the Nets or stays in Denver it just shows that he doesn't really care about contending for a championship and rather take his money. Feb 24th couldn't come fast enough.

im assuming this was the knicks tactic...this trade DOESNT include fields..hopefully closer to the deadline, the knicks will swoop in on a lowball deal...man i just hope we can keep felton/moz

Originally Posted by Dario8676
    Sadly you are right. There is a new rumor every 5 seconds and after a while you just have to stop listening to it. The bottom line is if Melo really wants to the Knicks he can make that happen whether its convincing Denver to trade him now to Knicks for a reasonable offer or to come during free agency. If he goes to the Nets or stays in Denver it just shows that he doesn't really care about contending for a championship and rather take his money. Feb 24th couldn't come fast enough.
    The best part of all of these crazy rumors are the Nets are looking to trade Harris for Andre Miller/Pryzbilla. Now granted, Melo might have had some good years with Miller in Denver, but Harris is turning 28 I think very soon, Miller is 35 and obviously near the end of his career. He has a TO on his contract next year, so I assume they will attempt to get a DWill or CP3 but the funny things remains, would you rather be the only piece of a team this year, and possibly next (hmmm, reminds me of a particular Denver Nuggets team) waiting to see if you can acquire a 2nd superstar or would you rather go somewhere that allows you to not need to be the man every night, where you already have that 2nd superstar and future flexibility to add a third. Also a big that averages more than Brook Lopez's rebound numbers. A 7ft Brook Lopez is only averaging 5.8 more rebounds than you and me. That severely decreases second chance points and opportunities. If I'm a player of Melo's caliber I stick to my guns and wait it out to come to NY whether its in the next 6 days or over the summer. If he gets coaxed into NJ then we know where his heart really lies.

Veteran

Switch out Gallo for Chandler and throw in Bill Walker if you want and I'd go with the deal

Originally Posted by nyk1986
    If Melo really wanted to be here he would state so to Denver management behind closed doors and then they will work out a deal.
    it's pretty clear that this is exactly what happened and what the nuggets are trying to do... sooooo, what's your point?

Veteran

Surprised Donnie didn't do this deal. You're swapping 3 rotation guys for 2 starters, Curry doesn't count. I bet if you plug this into ESPN trade machine the Knicks have the plus win advantage with this deal.

Donnie playing hardball with Denver, good for him.

Veteran

Seriously, if Denver refuses to budge and the deal is this at the trade deadline you might consider it...we've already gotten some progress because Fields is no longer being included. Now all we have to do is swap Chandler for Gallo (not because either is better than the other, but because Chandler would cost too much money to keep, which is too bad since the empty-faced Killer has been pretty valuable) and I'd probably do the deal.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Seriously, if Denver refuses to budge and the deal is this at the trade deadline you might consider it...we've already gotten some progress because Fields is no longer being included. Now all we have to do is swap Chandler for Gallo (not because either is better than the other, but because Chandler would cost too much money to keep, which is too bad since the empty-faced Killer has been pretty valuable) and I'd probably do the deal.
    Have you seen the latest reports? They want the house...[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So basically they want every starter we have minus Stat and they want our 6th man off the bench. They are on crack