A 4th Rounder
A 15th Rounder

For:

Billups
Melo
Lala Vazquez

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
at this rate we wont even have enough players to dress for a game.

literally

with bukie injured

getting rid of 5 guys for 2

we would be stuck around 10 players active lol.

Denver is just trying to push us off right now.

Well would could sing Barron if we don't get a big back in the trade.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Donnie knows the deal will get better. If it doesn't and someone else swoops in, at this point I don't care. If Melo really wanted to be here he would state so to Denver management behind closed doors and then they will work out a deal. If they keep asking for so many ridiculous assets then I have no problem moving on with the team we have and possibly focusing our deadline efforts on getting a big and a backup PG. If Melo doesn't come here in the summer he can spin it anyway he wants that we didn't try hard enough to get him, he was there on a silver platter but, we were not giving up half the team for 2 players.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Donnie knows the deal will get better. If it doesn't and someone else swoops in, at this point I don't care. If Melo really wanted to be here he would state so to Denver management behind closed doors and then they will work out a deal. If they keep asking for so many ridiculous assets then I have no problem moving on with the team we have and possibly focusing our deadline efforts on getting a big and a backup PG. If Melo doesn't come here in the summer he can spin it anyway he wants that we didn't try hard enough to get him, he was there on a silver platter but, we were not giving up half the team for 2 players.

Sadly you are right. There is a new rumor every 5 seconds and after a while you just have to stop listening to it. The bottom line is if Melo really wants to the Knicks he can make that happen whether its convincing Denver to trade him now to Knicks for a reasonable offer or to come during free agency. If he goes to the Nets or stays in Denver it just shows that he doesn't really care about contending for a championship and rather take his money. Feb 24th couldn't come fast enough.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
im assuming this was the knicks tactic...this trade DOESNT include fields..hopefully closer to the deadline, the knicks will swoop in on a lowball deal...man i just hope we can keep felton/moz

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Sadly you are right. There is a new rumor every 5 seconds and after a while you just have to stop listening to it. The bottom line is if Melo really wants to the Knicks he can make that happen whether its convincing Denver to trade him now to Knicks for a reasonable offer or to come during free agency. If he goes to the Nets or stays in Denver it just shows that he doesn't really care about contending for a championship and rather take his money. Feb 24th couldn't come fast enough.

The best part of all of these crazy rumors are the Nets are looking to trade Harris for Andre Miller/Pryzbilla. Now granted, Melo might have had some good years with Miller in Denver, but Harris is turning 28 I think very soon, Miller is 35 and obviously near the end of his career. He has a TO on his contract next year, so I assume they will attempt to get a DWill or CP3 but the funny things remains, would you rather be the only piece of a team this year, and possibly next (hmmm, reminds me of a particular Denver Nuggets team) waiting to see if you can acquire a 2nd superstar or would you rather go somewhere that allows you to not need to be the man every night, where you already have that 2nd superstar and future flexibility to add a third. Also a big that averages more than Brook Lopez's rebound numbers. A 7ft Brook Lopez is only averaging 5.8 more rebounds than you and me. That severely decreases second chance points and opportunities. If I'm a player of Melo's caliber I stick to my guns and wait it out to come to NY whether its in the next 6 days or over the summer. If he gets coaxed into NJ then we know where his heart really lies.

vpell

Benchwarmer
If Melo really wanted to be here he would state so to Denver management behind closed doors and then they will work out a deal.

it's pretty clear that this is exactly what happened and what the nuggets are trying to do... sooooo, what's your point?

tiger0330

Legend
Surprised Donnie didn't do this deal. You're swapping 3 rotation guys for 2 starters, Curry doesn't count. I bet if you plug this into ESPN trade machine the Knicks have the plus win advantage with this deal.

Donnie playing hardball with Denver, good for him.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Seriously, if Denver refuses to budge and the deal is this at the trade deadline you might consider it...we've already gotten some progress because Fields is no longer being included. Now all we have to do is swap Chandler for Gallo (not because either is better than the other, but because Chandler would cost too much money to keep, which is too bad since the empty-faced Killer has been pretty valuable) and I'd probably do the deal.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Seriously, if Denver refuses to budge and the deal is this at the trade deadline you might consider it...we've already gotten some progress because Fields is no longer being included. Now all we have to do is swap Chandler for Gallo (not because either is better than the other, but because Chandler would cost too much money to keep, which is too bad since the empty-faced Killer has been pretty valuable) and I'd probably do the deal.

Have you seen the latest reports? They want the house...http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/02/17/report-nuggets-want-5-knicks-pick-for-carmelo/

So basically they want every starter we have minus Stat and they want our 6th man off the bench. They are on crack

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Even funnier is the replys that I see from the Denver forum who are accusing us of lowballing for said superstar when in reality if they don't do something they will be in that Toronto/Cleveland up the creek mode.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
it's pretty clear that this is exactly what happened and what the nuggets are trying to do... sooooo, what's your point?

If it was that simple all these sports writers would have no stories and have no effect on the general public, but here we are still talking about it because now stories are starting to surface that sources say x, y, and z. If he sours on us because Denver's management is asking to much, then I for one don't want him here if he can't see the obvious.

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
The Nuggets have asked for all of the Knicks' best young prospects in a deal for Carmelo Anthony.

Denver is demanding Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Landry Fields, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov and a first-round pick (obtained by trading Anthony Randolph) in exchange for Anthony and Chauncey Billups.

"They want everything," a league source said. "The Knicks didn't even have to sit down and talk about that offer. It's not even logistically possible. They'd have two miserable stars with nothing around them."

"Maybe they [the Nuggets] just don't want to do it," the source said. "Didn't they do that with the Nets? When you keep asking for more until you say no, maybe you don't want to do it. Maybe they want to go to the playoffs with Anthony and call [Anthony's] bluff on June 30th."

Via New York Post

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...icks_Plus_Pick_In_Carmelo_Trade#ixzz1EFa7jWXv

Wargames

Starter
The Nuggets have asked for all of the Knicks' best young prospects in a deal for Carmelo Anthony.

Denver is demanding Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Landry Fields, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov and a first-round pick (obtained by trading Anthony Randolph) in exchange for Anthony and Chauncey Billups.

"They want everything," a league source said. "The Knicks didn't even have to sit down and talk about that offer. It's not even logistically possible. They'd have two miserable stars with nothing around them."

"Maybe they [the Nuggets] just don't want to do it," the source said. "Didn't they do that with the Nets? When you keep asking for more until you say no, maybe you don't want to do it. Maybe they want to go to the playoffs with Anthony and call [Anthony's] bluff on June 30th."

Via New York Post

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...icks_Plus_Pick_In_Carmelo_Trade#ixzz1EFa7jWXv

So I finally went to check this out on the espn trade machine to see if it was possible and i threw up a little in my mouth :barf: . Mathematically it is possible which immediately gave me a flash back to when we use to do deals like this. I mean the Nuggets would literally gut us and then package our players for future picks around the league. Then I thought about how all the teams aren't making trades and it occurred to me that they could be waiting for the Nuggets fire sale if we collapsed and gave them what they wanted. Considering their dealing with the Knicks you never know. The whole league would get our starters and the Nuggets would get enough picks to rebuild into a contender in 3 years and we would become the Heat lite.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
LOLL @ denver, Walsh is playing poker right now, bluffing bluffing then bam he comes out winning the pot. we just gotta remain patient.