Knicks Reject New Offer from Denver

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

petescud

Starter
Melo aint worth even what we offered

I'm probably the loner here, but i don't think Melo is worth all this. My son tells me different. Hope he doesn't chime in here...lol

mafra

Legend
I'm probably the loner here, but i don't think Melo is worth all this. My son tells me different. Hope he doesn't chime in here...lol

Word is Dantoni and Walsh agree. Especially when you have options (Deron & Paul in 2012). Call their bluffs and stay the course, willing to miss out if that comes to be.

However, I don't think Dolan can accept this. He must have Melo b/c he doesn't want to wait for Deron-Paul, or hope that (a) kids get better & (b) we strike it rich in the draft and this Summer's free agent pool.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Word is Dantoni and Walsh agree. Especially when you have options (Deron & Paul in 2012). Call their bluffs and stay the course, willing to miss out if that comes to be.

However, I don't think Dolan can accept this. He must have Melo b/c he doesn't want to wait for Deron-Paul, or hope that (a) kids get better & (b) we strike it rich in the draft and this Summer's free agent pool.

For everything i've been against Dolan for (going way back to the marbury trade), I actually agree with him and am against Walsh and D'Antoni on this one. As much as it hurts to see young talent go and players we were just starting to like like possibly fields, it can't be denied that it is a superstar league now and days. Seems like you need at least 2 superstars to even have a chance to win now. Perfect example is the bulls. They have one superstar in Rose and then just a bunch of role players. Sure they content for the playoffs every year but that is as far as they go.

la2ny

Starter
For everything i've been against Dolan for (going way back to the marbury trade), I actually agree with him and am against Walsh and D'Antoni on this one. As much as it hurts to see young talent go and players we were just starting to like like possibly fields, it can't be denied that it is a superstar league now and days. Seems like you need at least 2 superstars to even have a chance to win now. Perfect example is the bulls. They have one superstar in Rose and then just a bunch of role players. Sure they content for the playoffs every year but that is as far as they go.
You forgot thats why they got Boozer for low-post scoring and drawing double teams cause he's an all-star.

STAT1

Starter

Yeah I've heard a lot of people comparing the Melo-STAT Knicks with the next version of the Atlanta Hawks but name me 1 true superstar on their team much less 2. They don't have them. Chicago and Orlando can't beat the top teams because they're lacking that 2nd superstar talent to pair with their franchise guy. If the Knicks get Melo, they'll have that 2nd superstar talent to pair with STAT. Who knows if that will be good enough to topple the Celtics or Heat, but you have to start someplace.

mafra

Legend
Yeah I've heard a lot of people comparing the Melo-STAT Knicks with the next version of the Atlanta Hawks but name me 1 true superstar on their team much less 2. They don't have them. Chicago and Orlando can't beat the top teams because they're lacking that 2nd superstar talent to pair with their franchise guy. If the Knicks get Melo, they'll have that 2nd superstar talent to pair with STAT. Who knows if that will be good enough to topple the Celtics or Heat, but you have to start someplace.

This is why i pull the trigger the moment DEN says it will take Fields/Mozgov instead of Gallinari. Gallo is young and will continue to improve. Playing with Melo-Stat will only help him. I think Fields is more replaceable than Gallo. Fields is a solid role player, the type you need on a title-worthy team. BUt Gallo has the ability to take over games, and he has more room to gorw... Fields is VERY GOOD now, but he wont really improve. Not insulting Fields. He is the king of the little things.

But Williams, Walker or Azu could do what Fields does.

Knicks will find a vet to fill in if needed, who could fill that SG role.

Gallo has the potential to be a 24 ppg 7 rpg 3 apg type 3rd option. He's also 3 inches bigger and has the better range.

Amar'e-Carmelo-Gallinari would be the foundation. Billups and a backup PG would run the show this year. They'll address PG and C this year and next.

Billups/Douglas
Williams/Walker/Azu
Carmelo
Amar'e
Turiaf/Gallo

This would be our rotation this year. We have options nxt year.... As you say... if you can get 2 superstars... do it!

STAT1

Starter
Yeah, STAT-Melo-Gallo-Billups sounds pretty crazy. That's a deal you HAVE to pull the trigger on. I don't understand how Knick fans or D'Antoni/Walsh can let Timo Mozgov stand in the way of making that deal happen.