Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really?

Default Really?

Those Italian BJs must be super!

Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony would like the Knicks to keep coach Mike D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh next season. D'Antoni has one year remaining on his four-year contract, and team president Donnie Walsh also is entering the final season of his deal if the Knicks pick up his option.

"Oh, absolutely. Absolutely," Stoudemire said. "Donnie has done a phenomenal job. He's one of the main reasons why I'm here in New York. He turned the Knicks' franchise around. Coach D'Antoni is the reason why we had the winning record and had a chance to do something special in the playoffs if it wasn't for a few injuries. And so I definitely think both those guys will be back next season."

Anthony is ready to support the two if they make it back.

"I support whatever decision that they make," Anthony said. "If Mike is here, I've got his back 100 percent. If Donnie is here, I've got his back 100 percent. So I support all the decisions."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a legitimate statement - STAT's in particular? Or are they/is he just dodging the tenacity of the NY media?

Is there a subliminal pointing of the finger by Amar'e that is aimed at his supporting cast here?

Either way, I 'm stumped.

Please fire D'Antoni this off season! The revamp starts with his absence.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Yea Crazy I saw that earlier myself and I am beyond stumped.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Those Italian BJs must be super!

Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony would like the Knicks to keep coach Mike D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh next season. D'Antoni has one year remaining on his four-year contract, and team president Donnie Walsh also is entering the final season of his deal if the Knicks pick up his option.

"Oh, absolutely. Absolutely," Stoudemire said. "Donnie has done a phenomenal job. He's one of the main reasons why I'm here in New York. He turned the Knicks' franchise around. Coach D'Antoni is the reason why we had the winning record and had a chance to do something special in the playoffs if it wasn't for a few injuries. And so I definitely think both those guys will be back next season."

Anthony is ready to support the two if they make it back.

"I support whatever decision that they make," Anthony said. "If Mike is here, I've got his back 100 percent. If Donnie is here, I've got his back 100 percent. So I support all the decisions."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a legitimate statement - STAT's in particular? Or are they/is he just dodging the tenacity of the NY media?

Is there a subliminal pointing of the finger by Amar'e that is aimed at his supporting cast here?

Either way, I 'm stumped.

Please fire D'Antoni this off season! The revamp starts with his absence.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I would rather not have Dantoni back as well.. As we all know Mike is Stoudemires man .. stoudemire likes to average 25 a game and Mike was a big reason why he got that max contract so he isn't going to throw him under the bus..

Melo is saying the right things..

Also, this year may not be a smart year for the Knicks to fire dantoni now and get a new coach with the potential lockout looming.. if they get rid of dantoni they still need to pay him and they may sign a new coach for a season that may not even be coached.. so from a financial standpoint it may not make sense.. plus i think Doc and Phil jackson will be available in 2012 .. I wouldnt hate if they kept dantoni around to finish his contract for those reasons but I dont want him long term

Maybe, just maybe Melo and Amare know ALOT more than many of the posters here hope to or ever will.

That they support this coach is not surprising at all when you REALLY think about what he had to navigate throughout the season.

Donnie's back. Coach's back, just like i've said..
    Last edited by ronoranina; Apr 25, 2011 at 21:44.

Melo isn't exactly endorsing MDA, in my opinion he comes off as not being too crazy about this head coach. Amar'e is loyal to MDA & for good reason, he has seen his best seasons playing under this head coach & MDA has a ton of respect for Amar'e as the leader of this team. STAT knows MDA has his back so he'll do the same. I don't see Melo as having the same kind of feelings of nepotism or sentimentality towards this head coach, personally I think the Knicks should bring in a coach who plays a more conventional style system that would better take advantage of the Knicks' obvious strength in the low post.

STAT's statement of course is pro MOA. I'm hoping its just a facade for the public. Whereas Melo's statement reeks of political correctness. I wouldnt be surprised what happens here. Seems to me it could go either way. Especially listening to Melo's and STAT's comments immediately after yesterdays game.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Maybe, just maybe Melo and Amare know ALOT more than many of the posters here hope to or ever will.

That they support this coach is not surprising at all when you REALLY think about what he had navigate throughout the season.

Donnie's back. Coach's back, just like i've said..

Can you see us from all the way up there?

What are you really saying here, ron?

He's saying that playing Anthony Carter last night was a horrible option. (just messin' rono)

See my latest post in Red's "this is reason we need a new coach" thread.

It's like so many of the posterz here on KO are half blind. It's always about this coach and never what he's battling or overcoming.

My self-righteousness shines thru in the post you quoted, I know.

I just wish people would take a more broad-minded view of our situation.

What I dont understand is if this guys view is so broad, why cant he see the faults MOA brings to the table. I think thats a fair point...

Originally Posted by STAT1
    He's saying that playing Anthony Carter last night was a horrible option. (just messin' rono)
    You're not gonna let that go are ya :-)

AC could've just as easily stunk up the joint yesterday STAT1.

I'm in agreement though that he needed a look, earlier..

See my latest post in Red's "this is reason we need a new coach" thread.

It's like so many of the posterz here on KO are half blind. It's always about this coach and never what he's battling or overcoming.

My self-righteousness shines thru in the post you quoted, I know.

I just wish people would take a more broad-minded view of our situation.
    Well I, for one, had given coach his props for emphasising defence more so than he used to - not that he really deserved praise for installing a crucial component that he hadn't as much in the first place.

I have some questions to aim at your self righteousness, as well.

1. Do you blame Douglas, in Billups' absence, for our pathetic offence? Or was it the monotony of it that made Boston's defence so easy for them and difficult for Toney? Double question.

2. Is our offence predictable, non creative and neglecting of individual talents? See Williams and Walker.

3. Is Amar'e's ONLY play - catch and create on the high post/elbow really getting the most out of an enormous super athlete? It made Boston's defence against him a fart in the wind.

4. What sort of genius ignores the post with Carmelo on his team?

5. What changed about the offence since Melo was brought in?

6. Why have we failed in the last 10 seconds of games so often?

7. How does a 'system based on mathematical equations' supplant tradition?

8. Can you answer these questions without mentioning Phoenix?

Are these crazy8 questions is enough for now? I have many more for the D'Antoni apologists. Has he really been through so much that we look as pathetic as we did?
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Apr 25, 2011 at 22:28. Reason: shocking spelling

Melo didnt endorse him at all but Amare seemed in support of him coming back smh

You're not gonna let that go are ya :-)

AC could've just as easily stunk up the joint yesterday STAT1.

I'm in agreement though that he needed a look, earlier..
    Hey, he couldn't have looked any worse than TD did even if he didn't play well, I think we can both agree on that.

Well I, for one, had given coach his props for emphasising defence more so than he used to - not that he really deserved praise for installing a crucial component that he hadn't as much in the first place.

I have some questions to aim at your self righteousness, as well.

1. Do you blame Douglas, in Billups' absence, for our pathetic offence? Or was it the monotony of it that made Boston's defence so easy for them and difficult for Toney? Double question.

2. Is our offence predictable, non creative and neglecting of individual talents? See Williams and Walker.

3. Is Amar'e's ONLY play - catch and create on the high post/elbow really getting the most out of an enormous super athlete? It made Boston's defence against him a fart in the wind.

4. What sort of genius ignores the post with Carmelo on his team?

5. What changed about the offence since Melo was brought in?

6. Why have we failed in the last 10 seconds of games so often?

7. How does a 'system based on mathematical equations' supplant tradition?

8. Can you answer these questions without mentioning Phoenix?

Are these crazy8 questions is enough for now? I have many more for the D'Antoni apologists. Has he really been through so much that we look as pathetic as we did?
    Nice to get a substantive response, not just the same drivel about our coach.

1. Ofcourse I blame TD for the failure of our offense. The 1 is the most important position in this system. The fact we had to make Melo a point- foward for stretches says everything about his ability to run the club. Because of TD's ineptitude Boston was able to solve us comprehensively. The only times we looked like a competitive squad was when AC came in and played decently. Losing Bilups, as I've said, doomed us in the series, With him we had a chance.

2. The offense is not predictable unless guys settle for shots (see Williams and Walker), there's no p & r to speak of and we lose our best facilitator. Oh wait all of that happened in the series.. ;-)

Also the guys positioned along the perimeter don't just have to settle for threes. People blame MDA for this like he's the one telling them to camp. They are supposed to read the defenders and do any number of things: They can triple threat read the defender/defense and move the ball, off of a hard close out by a defender the can dribble-drive and try to draw a foul or finish outright, if they drive and a defender helps they can kick to the open shooter. If the shooter isn't open he should move the ball move the ball until the open man is found, left due to the help/rotation.

It would also help the offense if the pick and roll was available. It is integral to what we want to do.W a good pick and roll point who knows how to find Amare or drive to cup after the pick, or depending on how it's played, either finish at the rim or kick to shooters along the perimeter who can access the best option offensively based on what the defenders show them as I've explained above.

Slowing the offense down and running more half-court sets doesn't help this offense either. Ideally you want to be able to run any of these plays in 7 sec or less w quick, crisp decision making which takes time to develop and the right players to execute it.

3. Amare catching on the elbow is ideal as he's a faceup PF w great quickness/explosiveness and great touch from 15-18 ft. You like him there because he can either shoot over smaller PF's, or drive around taller ones. He can also catch, turn and face on the block.

What's missing is Amare in the P & R. That is such an important component for him. He finishes effortlessly off the roll and can pop off the pick extremely well to hit that 15 footer he likes.

Between these two plays for Amare it's enough to make opposing PFs insane. One possession they have to defend an almost unstoppable P & R, then on another they can deal w Amare one on one. Unless your Duncan or Garnett or somebody like that you're mentally going to be spinning crazily at the prospect of having to face each of these plays 4-10 times a game respectively. When you add to that Amare's little pet moves and counters off of his drives it's easy to see why he gives 95% of defenders fits. The pick and roll is key though. He needs that play for easier traffic-free finishes and to lessen the wear and tear on his body.

5. I think we've seen Carmelo in the post a good amount IMO. As we've seen he's also pretty good along the perimeter too w his three point shooting, or from 15'.. The man is in his office in any of those spots on the floor to me.

6. In the playoffs? Or the reg season? If we have Amare, Melo and Billups healthy and on the court in the last 10 sec of any game against any team we should be able to get a good look. In order to close out games a coach has to have players on the floor that can execute for him.

7. See answer to question 2.

8. I got a good lol at this question..
    Last edited by ronoranina; Apr 26, 2011 at 07:37.