Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: ANTI-D'Antoni Thread

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I was just sitting here like damn...KO.com doesn't have enough anti-D'ant threads and here came Red to save the day!
    Nice sig!

Remember, as you would say...
    Stay on topic, read and DEBATE the points.

Or do you have nothing new to say (which I'm not complaining about)?

Btw, when you're done, please explain how our defense (opg) is worse this year as compared to last. We did get better players right? Let me know.

Originally Posted by Red
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last year... sound familiar?

Here's my favorite part...

ow... ow.... I know.... Mike D'Antoni inflates stats!

Who knows? Maybe D'Antoni found a new way to make a wheel. I bet his supporters don't know either. But hey, this game is still young.

Here's another good article on who's to blame...

This is from last year, but notice we are actually givng up more points now than then. Smh.

The verdict...

Players or coach?
    Players or system?
    Ever hear of "unintended consequences"?

This thread was created to funnel the D'Antoni -vs- the Anti-D'Antoni debates. Please stop expressing opinions about coach in other threads created for other discussions.

Thanks.

P.S. "Spin Doctors" need not apply.

One.
    Red, do you realize

that if you and Mike D'Antoni were in a room together

that in that room, there would be

one multi multimillionaire who is considered by people like Coach K & Steve Nash to be a 'basketball genius.'

and one deluded know nothing crazy internet psycho.

Which one are you?

Superstar

I think all the flaming, on both sides, is ridiculous. I think at this point, we know where everyone stands, but I do appreciate that there is one thread to discuss it all.
    Last edited by MusketeerX; Feb 17, 2011 at 18:01.

*opens thread*

*yawns*

*closes thread*

Media

Originally Posted by Hitman
    Red, do you realize

that if you and Mike D'Antoni were in a room together

that in that room, there would be

one multi multimillionaire who is considered by people like Coach K & Steve Nash to be a 'basketball genius.'

and one deluded know nothing crazy internet psycho (who for some reason I'm responding to...smh).

Which one are you?
    Me and D'Antoni in the same room...(pause)
    that sh*t don't sound right.

How do you know if I am a millionaire or not?

"that if you and Mike D'Antoni were in a room together

that in that room"... might qualify as poor grammar.

It means that D'Antoni, who probably grades as high on coaching paranoia as most of them do, has a sense that he does go right on the frontlines if the deal is made.

If Walsh does close the deal, it is hard to see how Dolan doesn't exercise the team's option on Walsh's contract at the end of April. Walsh will have made the deal that Dolan wants him to make, after a negotiation in which Dolan has involved himself, but good. In that way, the whole thing is win-win for Walsh.

Then D'Antoni is the one who has to win games.

Now, just because one basketball guy says that D'Antoni is a possible obstacle to the Knicks trading 60% of their starting lineup for Anthony doesn't automatically mean that he is. But there is a certain logic to it. D'Antoni got the Knicks winning earlier in the season and the crowd cheered. And even though the Knicks have stumbled lately, they go into the break at 28-26 and still in the sixth playoff slot in the Eastern Conference, over .500 at the break for the first time in a decade.

Clearly, though, the game changes if the Knicks do get Anthony, no matter how much they have to give up. If you think D'Antoni is already out front - really for the first time - because of the way the Knicks have stumbled the last month (mostly because they play the worst defense in the conference and defense as bad as anybody in the league), what happens the night Anthony comes out of the tunnel? At which point the crowd doesn't just cheer, it officially goes back to being the Monster of Madison Square Garden?

One of the reasons that D'Antoni made the name for himself in Phoenix that he did was because he had two stars, Stoudemire and Steve Nash. But Nash was as unselfish superstar MVP as the league has seen. Not only that, he was low maintenance, and like a coach on the floor. It will be a little different if Anthony suits up for the Knicks next week. This is a young man who has been a star of his sport since he led Syracuse to the NCAA national championship as a freshman, even if he hasn't won much since.

Oh, you bet the game changes for D'Antoni, and the stakes are raised exponentially. All of a sudden, people won't just be thrilled to see the Knicks back in the playoffs, they will want them to make some real noise in the first round, even if it's against the Heat or Celtics or Magic or Bulls. Then D'Antoni really is out of the bubble in which he was allowed to operate before this season, when nobody expected him to do anything.

Maybe it makes sense that the person most worried about making this change is the guy who has to make a new team work with less than 30 games left in the regular season. In the third year of a four-year contract.
    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

MMmm...

TICK-TOCK MOTHERF*CKER.

Red,

A) You are not nearly important enough to EVER be in the same room as Mike D. If you ever were in the same room as Mike D you would be arrested as a stalker.

B) No, "that if you and Mike D'Antoni were in a room together" is not poor grammar. You just don't understand grammar, apparently. Or voice. Or any writing traits. Or the even the word trait. Because you are an illiterate moron.

C) You are not millionaire because it is virtually impossible, other than winning the lottery, to strike it rich in a capitalist society, if you are a moron.

So you are NOT a millionaire, because you are obviously a moron.

Do you get it or not?

And you are a moron. There is absolutely no way you earn more than $10 an hour. No way.
    Last edited by Hitman; Feb 18, 2011 at 02:18.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    Some people are thought to be dumb, others open their mouths (or post in your case) and remove all doubt.

Thanks Uggg..!

Let's just add "tries too hard", and "d*ck rides" to your list of traits.

Id like to also point out how insignificant your opinions are... I posted some fine articles for our pleasure echoing some sentiments

And you took this opportunity to suck Trills d*ck....huh?
    Pathetic.

Keep it moving, and take your corny anologies with you, we all know you have nothing constructive to add.

How's trills a$$ taste?
    Just because this weaksauce -- little sizzle, zero steak -- thread of yours is getting the equivalent of a gangbang from multiple posters and multiple angles....doesn't mean anyones getting sucked off. More like the equivalent of guys giving high fives while they tag team a ho. Don't be the ho Red, you much better than that.

And per usual, you avoid the fact and logic-based opinion I roast you with. To instead try to harp on (gay) figments of your imagination.

And I agree -- the analogy was corny. Then again, it was to mirror you?

Even your minion Clyde&ThePearlNecklace can't grace this weak thing with a boilerplate appearance.

Again for the pringle gallery:

6th seed, playoffs, bright future, optimistic team, young team, surprise contributions and player development, incomplete team on the rise.

And our defense is "worse" because we are running more possessions, but mainly because we have worse defensive players? Simple truths shouldn't elude someone who is clearly able to grasp them. Or scoring in the league is higher across the board?

Just stop self-owning yourself from the start with these gimp threads. Coincidence it's a pr spin campaign move after we hit the break in high notes, and with a huge (defensive) win? Hahah...cmon broheem. You're becoming a caricature of yourself.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    TICK-TOCK MOTHERF*CKER.[/B]
    Lol. Actively rooting for and salivating at the prospects of the New York Knicks and our head coach to fail?

Originally Posted by Red
    Nice sig!

Remember, as you would say...
    Stay on topic, read and DEBATE the points.

Or do you have nothing new to say (which I'm not complaining about)?

Btw, when you're done, please explain how our defense (opg) is worse this year as compared to last. We did get better players right? Let me know.
    What no thesis from the baball genius that is Charles Barkley? I'm surprised!

On topic? If I wanted to debate a bunch of year old blogs by blow hards blaming D'ant and not our utter lack of stars, complimentary players or multiple trades that brought in expiring yet weaker talent during our final phase of cap shedding I would have gone to their sites and done so at the time...

Dude do you not see how lame you look as to search out and post negative blogs about our team last year when we are the 6th seed this year and overachieving beyond what any of these so called experts would have predicted? You even said the "verdict was in" when we were 3-5 and now we have a winning record and are firmly entrenched in the playoff race going into the all-star break on a high note. This has all been done with two non-lottery rookies getting major minutes and max money yet to be spent. I told you at the time of your now defunct "Verdict" thread that I would call for D'ant to be fired if we were struggling bad and you agreed my stance was fair. Well, we are now at that part of the year and we are the 6th seed, on roll after some injuries and poor play and have a winning record so I will not call for D'ant to be fired.

You further look lame because it's clear this topic has been debated to death in many other threads...threads in which you have participated in the debate only to throw your hands up in frustration and retreat from. Once again, you leave a debate unfinished and run to another thread resetting the debate while ignoring all the points made in your direction, daring us to repeat our points for the 100000000000000000000000000000 time. Sorry, but I won't bite since you have yet to actually counter any of my various points. I don't mind debating, I'm here for that but having you ignore my points is just not worth my time. I'll go now and respond to Crazy8's about this very subject since he can actually have an honest debate and since this very topic is still going strong in other threads. Enjoy your troll thread and the solice you get from negative bloggers!

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    What no thesis from the baball genius that is Charles Barkley? I'm surprised!

On topic? If I wanted to debate a bunch of year old blogs by blow hards blaming D'ant and not our utter lack of stars, complimentary players or multiple trades that brought in expiring yet weaker talent during our final phase of cap shedding I would have gone to their sites and done so at the time...

Dude do you not see how lame you look as to search out and post negative blogs about our team last year when we are the 6th seed this year and overachieving beyond what any of these so called experts would have predicted? You even said the "verdict was in" when we were 3-5 and now we have a winning record and are firmly entrenched in the playoff race going into the all-star break on a high note. This has all been done with two non-lottery rookies getting major minutes and max money yet to be spent. I told you at the time of your now defunct "Verdict" thread that I would call for D'ant to be fired if we were struggling bad and you agreed my stance was fair. Well, we are now at that part of the year and we are the 6th seed, on roll after some injuries and poor play and have a winning record so I will not call for D'ant to be fired.

You further look lame because it's clear this topic has been debated to death in many other threads...threads in which you have participated in the debate only to throw your hands up in frustration and retreat from. Once again, you leave a debate unfinished and run to another thread resetting the debate while ignoring all the points made in your direction, daring us to repeat our points for the 100000000000000000000000000000 time. Sorry, but I won't bite since you have yet to actually counter any of my various points. I don't mind debating, I'm here for that but having you ignore my points is just not worth my time. I'll go now and respond to Crazy8's about this very subject since he can actually have an honest debate and since this very topic is still going strong in other threads. Enjoy your troll thread and the solice you get from negative bloggers!
    Very good!

Although I didn't read ur post (a bit busy right now), at least you made it in the proper thread.

Organize young fella, organize.

Funny how you screamed to debate the facts, and posted links like crazy, but here's one you just don't agree with. Owell.

thread is a fail.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Just because this weaksauce -- little sizzle, zero steak -- thread of yours is getting the equivalent of a gangbang from multiple posters and multiple angles....doesn't mean anyones getting sucked off. More like the equivalent of guys giving high fives while they tag team a ho. Don't be the ho Red, you much better than that.

And per usual, you avoid the fact and logic-based opinion I roast you with. To instead try to harp on (gay) figments of your imagination.

And I agree -- the analogy was corny. Then again, it was to mirror you?

Even your minion Clyde&ThePearlNecklace can't grace this weak thing with a boilerplate appearance.

Again for the pringle gallery:

6th seed, playoffs, bright future, optimistic team, young team, surprise contributions and player development, incomplete team on the rise.

And our defense is "worse" because we are running more possessions, but mainly because we have worse defensive players? Simple truths shouldn't elude someone who is clearly able to grasp them. Or scoring in the league is higher across the board?

Just stop self-owning yourself from the start with these gimp threads. Coincidence it's a pr spin campaign move after we hit the break in high notes, and with a huge (defensive) win? Hahah...cmon broheem. You're becoming a caricature of yourself.
    Thanks for gracing us with your valuable insight. Its really no surprise you have nothing constructive to add or a valid reply to the links. We all expected your ammo was used up

After all you did was d*ck ride. We are worse defensively because we have worse defensive players...huh?

You have no control over that little spin doctor within. Its cool and yet utterly exposing. Again thanks for your contribution.

Those flapping their jibs never really want it, now do they...

At least not where I'm from.

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Hitman
    Red,

A) You are not nearly important enough to EVER be in the same room as Mike D. If you ever were in the same room as Mike D you would be arrested as a stalker.

B) No, "that if you and Mike D'Antoni were in a room together" is not poor grammar. You just don't understand grammar, apparently. Or voice. Or any writing traits. Or the even the word trait. Because you are an illiterate moron.

C) You are not millionaire because it is virtually impossible, other than winning the lottery, to strike it rich in a capitalist society, if you are a moron.

So you are NOT a millionaire, because you are obviously a moron.

Do you get it or not?

And you are a moron. There is absolutely no way you earn more than $10 an hour. No way.
    Reminder: this thread was created to facilitate your opinions regarding MDA, so we can debate other thread topics.

Too hard to swallow?

Well, take D'Antoni's nuts out your mouth and maybe you would have a chance.

Don't bite off more than you can chew my emotional follower.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I won't do it b/c I am not blindly pro-MDA (as I feel many are blindly anti-MDA - see: Clyde & The Pearl).
    Blind? I see very well. Heck I'm 20/20 with glasses. Let me tell you EXACTLY what I see.

1) Teams getting to the rim repeatedly with no defensive resistance
    2) I've seen us take 5 charges all year (MAYBE) Not man on man charges but charges where someone steps in front of someone heading to the basket and takes one for the team.
    3) A lack of defensive philosophy
    4) A total lack of effort on defense most games
    5) Absolutely no defensive adjustments in game (zones, half court traps) unless we're down a bunch at which point we'll press full court
    6) A blatant disregard for utilizing our bigs, because of this we get HAMMERED in the paint
    7) A coach that doesn't utilize some of his reserve players strengths
    8) A coach that will bench you if you're offensively challenged and cant play his system
    9) Because of his system he has to over use certain players in order for it to run at an optimum level.

I'm sure I'm missing some things. I'll add to them if necessary. Would you like to dispute anything that I'm seeing?

I dont hate MDA. I'd love to hire another head coach and have him as an offensive consultant if that means anything...
    Last edited by Clyde & The Pearl; Feb 18, 2011 at 10:39.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Blind? I see very well. Heck I'm 20/20 with glasses. Let me tell you EXACTLY what I see.

1) Teams getting to the rim repeatedly with no defensive resistance
    2) I've seen us take 5 charges all year (MAYBE) Not man on man charges but charges where someone steps in front of someone heading to the basket and takes one for the team.
    3) A lack of defensive philosophy
    4) A total lack of effort on defense most games
    5) Absolutely no defensive adjustments in game (zones, half court traps) unless we're down a bunch at which point we'll press full court
    6) A blatant disregard for utilizing our bigs, because of this we get HAMMERED in the paint
    7) A coach that doesn't utilize some of his reserve players strengths
    8) A coach that will bench you if you're offensively challenged and cant play his system
    9) Because of his system he has to over use certain players in order for it to run at an optimum level.

I'm sure I'm missing some things. I'll add to them if necessary. Would you like to dispute anything that I'm seeing?

I dont hate MDA. I'd love to hire another head coach and have him as an offensive consultant if that means anything...
    Good post. Very succinct.

I see...
    An improved roster
    An improved record
    And stats that show no improvement (except blocks) defensively
    With the same limitations. And here we thought it was the players.

I want Jeff VanGundy, Stan VanGundy, and Ewing or Jackson as our staff. We get offense, defense, big coaching and to groom two homers, while completing the cycle. But I know this won't happen.