Originally Posted by MusketeerX
You didn't read well enough KBlack. PPG in combo with point differential. When you take all the games we've played this seeason, our average win total is by less than a point. It shows a lack of consistent defense. If you scored 80ppg but held the other team to 70ppg, it shows that your're a horrible offensive team, but a consistently good defensive team. If you hold them to 79ppg then it indicates that you just play a slow system and can dupe people into that system, but are not a good defensive team.
Or you are a team that holds the ball for 24 seconds before taking a shot, wasting and killing time.

Honestly, you won't convince me that ppg is a more well-rounded/applicable stat than points per 100 possessions, because points per 100 possessions necessarily eliminates at least 1 extraneous factor that directly impacts PPG. I honestly can't respect an opinion that goes off PPG when a much better stat that corrects for at least 1 more variable is available. Nothing personal.

And I don't get your point differential argument: we are +.4 on the season...what's your point? We are 2 games over .500, meaning we win a little bit more than we lose. It's only logical that we score, on the whole, a little bit more than we give up.