Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 227

Thread: OFFICIAL: ANTI-D'Antoni Thread

  1. #136
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I only use it show your consistent massaging of the facts...how you consistently lie and bend truths...We want to go with something recent? How about responding to you massaging AR-related-facts? Why do I point it out? Because it is reflective of your (lack of) credibility.



    Because unlike you, on top of reading those comments, I listen to MDA mic'd up in the huddle and before the game, I watched the video of him specifically coaching Steve Nash, I take in everything I can about the team because I care about the team. And what I see/hear when he is mic'd up or in the locker room before games is him stressing certain things on defense. A "lack of effort" on defense to me is on players, especially when I DO see/hear the coach talking about it. Is it his main point? No, but it's there, he does stress it, he does make attempts, and he is talking about it in the huddles. That's what I hear, that's what I see. I don't know what happens at practice, but in pre-game and in-game, I hear him stressing defense. Of course, these are probably things you choose to not listen to or watch b/c you "don't care" about the team.
    You have kids Black? I'm guessing you dont. I have three boys. Oldest is 14. Two of my boys we lets say taught them how to brush their teeth. Stressed the importance. Did the same with the third. But this kid would not conform unless you stood over him every morning to make sure he did it. There was no talking him into it. Took us 2 1/2 months. But now its 2nd nature.

    My point being if you dont grill somethings into certain people daily it may never take. If you dont grill defense and taking a charge into certain players daily it may never take. All the talk you hear is worthless. If he was training these guys at practice to play defense you'd see the tangible eveidence on the floor. Just like I see my kids pearly whites everyday.

    IMHO MDA is happy with just outscoring oppenents. Heck he said it himself...

  2. #137
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    D'Antoni is a great coach.

  3. #138
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    You have kids Black? I'm guessing you dont. I have three boys. Oldest is 14. Two of my boys we lets say taught them how to brush their teeth. Stressed the importance. Did the same with the third. But this kid would not conform unless you stood over him every morning to make sure he did it. There was no talking him into it. Took us 2 1/2 months. But now its 2nd nature.

    My point being if you dont grill somethings into certain people daily it may never take. If you dont grill defense and taking a charge into certain players daily it may never take. All the talk you hear is worthless. If he was training these guys at practice to play defense you'd see the tangible eveidence on the floor. Just like I see my kids pearly whites everyday.

    IMHO MDA is happy with just outscoring oppenents. Heck he said it himself...
    So teaching a 3 year old, who without guidance would just eat candy and watch spongebob, to brush his teeth is analagous to teaching 19 year old (minimum) person how to do the basic tenets of the job they have been doing for probably over a decade? Your analogy is really weak and not applicable. But it was a good try!

  4. #139
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    You have kids Black? I'm guessing you dont. I have three boys. Oldest is 14. Two of my boys we lets say taught them how to brush their teeth. Stressed the importance. Did the same with the third. But this kid would not conform unless you stood over him every morning to make sure he did it. There was no talking him into it. Took us 2 1/2 months. But now its 2nd nature.

    My point being if you dont grill somethings into certain people daily it may never take. If you dont grill defense and taking a charge into certain players daily it may never take. All the talk you hear is worthless. If he was training these guys at practice to play defense you'd see the tangible eveidence on the floor. Just like I see my kids pearly whites everyday.

    IMHO MDA is happy with just outscoring oppenents. Heck he said it himself...
    Dude, what is w your analogies??

  5. #140
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    So teaching a 3 year old, who without guidance would just eat candy and watch spongebob, to brush his teeth is analagous to teaching 19 year old (minimum) person how to do the basic tenets of the job they have been doing for probably over a decade? Your analogy is really weak and not applicable. But it was a good try!
    Didnt STAT say no one taught him defense until coach Gentry? At which point he was 22-23-24. I'm sure most of these kids went through just about the same thing. But my analogy doesnt apply. There is absolutely no getting through to you.

  6. #141
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Didnt STAT say no one taught him defense until coach Gentry? At which point he was 22-23-24. I'm sure most of these kids went through just about the same thing. But my analogy doesnt apply. There is absolutely no getting through to you.
    An NBA coach shouldn't have to teach you to stay in front of your man...That is basic level basketball, like brushing your teeth is basic hygeniene, and is the responsibility of early bball programs. To me it's like saying a Calculus teacher is a bad teacher b/c he didn't teach you to add properly.

  7. #142
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Dude, what is w your analogies??

    Being that you guys arent basketball savy I have to break things down in a way you might be able to understand.

  8. #143
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    An NBA coach shouldn't have to teach you to stay in front of your man...That is basic level basketball, like brushing your teeth is basic hygeniene, and is the responsibility of early bball programs. To me it's like saying a Calculus teacher is a bad teacher b/c he didn't teach you to add properly.
    Did it dawn on you that the basic math teacher never taught you to add properly so now its up to the calculas teacher to do it?

  9. #144
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    D'Antoni is a great coach.
    D'Antoni is a great offensive coach. Maybe.

    Fixed that for you...

  10. #145
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Did it dawn on you that the basic math teacher never taught you to add properly so now its up to the calculas teacher to do it?
    So the fact that these guys don't have fundamental defensive skills is the fault of the head coach on their professional team when these are things they should have learned when they started the game?

    Also, I notice you didn't yet respond the AR fact massaging (something you claim you never do)...care to comment? Or are you just going to run, again?

  11. #146
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Clydeandthepearl,

    Any response to the evidence I posted? Or can we just say that you've been officially KO'd..

    I posted hard stats dude.. What do you have to say?

  12. #147
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    So the fact that these guys don't have fundamental defensive skills is the fault of the head coach on their professional team when these are things they should have learned when they started the game?
    I would say sure. That is if you want your team to play defense.

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Also, I notice you didn't yet respond the AR fact massaging (something you claim you never do)...care to comment? Or are you just going to run, again?
    I just figured MDA's quote stating that he'd rather play 5 midgets that could run and shoot than a seven footer would cover any AR argument you could come up with...

  13. #148
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    I would say sure. That is if you want your team to play defense.
    So if one your kids grew up to be a fine young adult, and had a girlfriend, but he didn't brush his teeth because you never taught him to...she has been with him for a couple of months after two decades of not doing it. Him not brushing his teeth would be her fault, not yours.


    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    I just figured MDA's quote stating that he'd rather play 5 midgets that could run and shoot than a seven footer would cover any AR argument you could come up with...
    He was clearly being tongue-in-cheek.

    And what I was referring to was you saying he played over 11 minutes once. I showed that factually untrue. I also showed that you claim to "never massage the facts." Then I caught you doing it. Care to comment?

  14. #149
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    But you are more likely to blame the coach for on-the-court struggles.

    For example: When I see Ray unable to step in front of his man on defense, it seems to me like you (and others) think "Man, D'Antoni ****ed up" whereas I see the same play and I think "Ray has to stay in front of his man." That is where the difference lies in informing our opinions.
    I actually think Ray Felton is a big part of the reason in the improvement in defense you've seen this year, he brings that kind of mentality with him, he was coached up by Larry Brown in Charlotte he's always been known as a bulldog & competitor & he knows the importance of defense because he's learned this from other coaches he's played under. He wasn't born into the game of basketball as a defensive player, he was taught how to become one.

    Let me just be clear, when I see individual players slacking on man-defense I blame the player first & foremost. But, when I see bad defensive rotations, guys looking at one another expecting the other to pick up their man on help defense & a general lack of intensity throughout the game on the defensive end, & then I watch D'Antoni with his arms folded on the sidelines with a pouty face and nothing changing after timeouts & empty quotes about having to pick up the intensity on the defensive side of the ball after games we've lost, then I blame the coaching for not drilling the importance of it into these players. Playing defense is a mindset, not a physical gift where some players have it & some players don't. As a coach it's your job to instill that kind of mindset into your players. If your team isn't stepping up their effort on the defense & looking clueless on defensive rotations, then I think the coach should be held accountable.

  15. #150
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I don't think we're spinning.

    And I just posted new evidence that Mike d's teams focus on D you have yet to respond to. You didn't even get our d-rating ranking right dude...
    I didnt. Check this.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Stop with the fabrications...

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 17:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 11:40
  3. Official I support Mike D'Antoni thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 14:40
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 12, 2010, 12:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •