Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramon Sessions?

Default Ramon Sessions?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

According to Chris Broussard we are interested in Session, same guy we tried to sign two summers ago until he accepted a more lucrative deal from Minnesota. Now we are trying to get him again, I think this is a great move especially if we trade Felton and buy out Billups would save us about 4-5 million. Also if we get Chris Paul or Deron Williams he could serve as a good 15-20min pg he'ss a big guard at 6'4 and gets to the line 5 FTA.

What do you think?

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

According to Chris Broussard we are interested in Session, same guy we tried to sign two summers ago until he accepted a more lucrative deal from Minnesota. Now we are trying to get him again, I think this is a great move especially if we trade Felton and buy out Billups would save us about 4-5 million. Also if we get Chris Paul or Deron Williams he could serve as a good 15-20min pg he'ss a big guard at 6'4 and gets to the line 5 FTA.

What do you think?
    I think we should focus on getting Carmelo first otherwise all this is pointless.

Originally Posted by Dario8676
    I think we should focus on getting Carmelo first otherwise all this is pointless.
    Obivously this is because of the Carmelo Deal, maybe we will have to ship out Ray Felt. Especially with Nj re-entering the picture and them having 5 1st rounders for the next 2 years they could offer a bigger deal than we can by giving up 2-3 first rounders,Favors and Cap relief also they may take Rip's contract as a favor to Melo's Agent. So I guess the Front Office is exploring all options if we have to give Denver what it wants, remember same thing happened when we needed to trade Jared Jefferies we tried to make a lowball deal but in the end we gave Houston what they wanted.

His deal runs longer than Ray's. Would we have the available cap in the new CBA to sign a CP3 or DWill?

His deal is less expensive than Raymond's and would solve our back up pg problem for 2012 when Paul and Williams become free. We can trade Azzy's expiring contract and a 2nd rounder to Cleveland since they are looking to Shred salary. We would be basically saving an extra 4-5million we could use on a solid big like Perkins or Dalembert

Sessions/Douglas
    Fields/Walker/Douglas
    Melo/Williams/Walker
    Amare/Turiaf/Melo
    Mozgov/Turiaf/Amare

That would be our 9 man rotation for the rest of the year could possibly net us a couple more wins for a 45 win season and maybe a ECF appearance or second round exit, The we load up in the off season get a big and a bench scorer(Crawford?) and boom legit ECF contenders and we get Paul or Williams and Bam hang some banners!

His deal is less expensive than Raymond's and would solve our back up pg problem for 2012 when Paul and Williams become free. We can trade Azzy's expiring contract and a 2nd rounder to Cleveland since they are looking to Shred salary. We would be basically saving an extra 4-5million we could use on a solid big like Perkins or Dalembert

Sessions/Douglas
    Fields/Walker/Douglas
    Melo/Williams/Walker
    Amare/Turiaf/Melo
    Mozgov/Turiaf/Amare

That would be our 9 man rotation for the rest of the year could possibly net us a couple more wins for a 45 win season and maybe a ECF appearance or second round exit, The we load up in the off season get a big and a bench scorer(Crawford?) and boom legit ECF contenders and we get Paul or Williams and Bam hang some banners!
    I agree that his deal is cheaper but what about in 2013? Ray isn't on the books as of right now. We also don't know what will happen with the new CBA and how much cap restriction there will be.

Originally Posted by nyk1986
    I agree that his deal is cheaper but what about in 2013? Ray isn't on the books as of right now. We also don't know what will happen with the new CBA and how much cap restriction there will be.
    Buy 2013, given we have Melo everything will fall into place, No way will David Stern put a hard cap or Franchise tag on in the NBA. Not after the Miami Heat has already made him so much $$$, if you ask me he will allow more stars to team up in bigger markets because it adds more money.

All we have to do now is get the Melo deal done and if we trade Felton get Sessions buyout Billups, If not Felton comes off the books 2012 we can make a play for Dwight,Paul,Williams and form a real Super 3 not a Bitch 3

Sessions averages 17.1 pts/7.5 asts/4 rbs per 36 minutes this season. 15/7/4 for his career. Imagine his dimes in this system? Hes a true PG

Veteran

Couldn't agree more. I've always wanted Sessions, and was pissed when we missed out.

He is extremely limited w his range, but he is a solid true pg, with a lot of nice skills.

Melo, Sessions, and a backup big this offseason and we are mint.

I predicate our Felton-Billups swap in Walsh holding fast against DEN, and not trading Gallo. I keep hearing we may take back more $ too, which I guess makes sense.

No thank you. I prefer Toney Douglas as our backup PG. I know Toney struggles at creating plays, but he's my type of player. Good defender and big time hustler.

Felton won't get traded.

Just believe in Toney and he'll become better. No need to ruin his career for an average player.

Let's for once just develop our talent and be proud of our work in 2-3 years.
    We're not Miami, we don't rent 12 players to win a ring.

I prefer the Oklahoma/Seattle way of building your own team based on home grown players. Gives you something to be proud of as a fan.

Damn we should have gotten Sessions as a back up he just straight beasted tonight

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Damn we should have gotten Sessions as a back up he just straight beasted tonight

who doenst beast against us????

all these guys look good against us.. cuz we play no d...thx coach

good point guard but he cant shoot,great at everything else but has no jumpa

You think we still pursue Sessions.

Cleveland with the #1 & #4 are guaranteed to be taking a point guard, either Irving or B. Knight.

Do you think we step in and try to swipe Sessions as our backup guard? Havn't seen this mentioned yet.

Breaking News

Knicks Eye Cavs Guard Ramon Sessions

Now that the Cleveland Cavaliers have won the first pick in the NBA draft, point guard Ramon Sessions appears to be the odd man out. And the New York Knicks would be interested in him. Newsday reported that the Knicks would have interest in Sessions, who may not have a roster spot should the Cavaliers - as expected - select point guard Kyrie Irving with the first pick in the June draft. The Cavaliers also have veteran Baron Davis, who would be more difficult to move because of his prohibitive contract and could serve as a mentor to Irving, who is projected by most draft experts to be the No. 1 pick.
    Sessions has two years left on a four-year, $16 million contract. The Knicks have veteran Chauncey Billups under contract for one more season and also have Toney Douglas, who often is used at shooting guard. Sessions averaged a career-high 13.3 points and 5.2 assists last season. He has played for three teams in four years.