Melo to meet with Nets owner?

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
Not sure how accurate/true this is but here it is:

Carmelo Anthony will finally meet face-to-face with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov over All-Star weekend, sources tell ESPN.com.
The Nuggets are encouraging Anthony to meet with Prokhorov because they covet Derrick Favors more than any other player mentioned. But the Nets will only trade for Anthony if he is willing to sign an extension, so this meeting is significant. Prokhorov has a steep task ahead of him -- convincing Anthony that playing in Newark/Brooklyn with Brook Lopez is better than playing in Madison Square Garden with Amare Stoudemire. For now, Melo's most likely destination is New Jersey or New York. ESPN notes that the Mavs and Rockets appear to be pulling out.
Source: ESPN.com 2/17/2011 6:15:00 P

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Still can't see the guy signing with a team, which will be ultimately dismantled, that couldn't beat a Knicks team that didn't have Amar'e.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
They can have all the meetings they want but it all comes down to one thing. Is Melo desperate enough to not lose the 15 mil or so that he would be willing to sign an extension with the nets or nuggets. If so then let it be because he is all about the money and not winning championships. The Knicks are an organization that is getting better, The Nets and Denver is on the decline.

They can have all the meetings they want but it all comes down to one thing. Is Melo desperate enough to not lose the 15 mil or so that he would be willing to sign an extension with the nets or nuggets. If so then let it be because he is all about the money and not winning championships. The Knicks are an organization that is getting better, The Nets and Denver is on the decline.

Melo doesn't owe us anything,He already has entertained the notion of being traded and he does want what's due to him by playing at a superstar level. Why would he miss out on 15million so the Knicks' can keep Gallo,or Wilson? Basically what we are saying to Melo is that we don't think you are good enough with Amare to win us a championship and we value our role players higher. I don't blame Melo for a thing, if this deal isn't done Donnie Walsh failed and should be fired. He has already costed us 3 1st rounders(Hill included) and his plan will have failed.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Melo doesn't owe us anything,He already has entertained the notion of being traded and he does want what's due to him by playing at a superstar level. Why would he miss out on 15million so the Knicks' can keep Gallo,or Wilson? Basically what we are saying to Melo is that we don't think you are good enough with Amare to win us a championship and we value our role players higher. I don't blame Melo for a thing, if this deal isn't done Donnie Walsh failed and should be fired. He has already costed us 3 1st rounders(Hill included) and his plan will have failed.

So if the Knicks don't get Melo you are going to say that Walsh should be fired because he wasn't willing to give up his entire starting lineup and their 6th man? That's is ridiculous. If it wasn't for Walsh in the first place we would have this cap room for Melo. The Knicks haven't been a playoff bound team in nearly ten years, and finally thx to him we have a great chance to make the playoffs this year for the first time in forever and you want his head.

KingofNy

Starter
So if the Knicks don't get Melo you are going to say that Walsh should be fired because he wasn't willing to give up his entire starting lineup and their 6th man? That's is ridiculous. If it wasn't for Walsh in the first place we would have this cap room for Melo. The Knicks haven't been a playoff bound team in nearly ten years, and finally thx to him we have a great chance to make the playoffs this year for the first time in forever and you want his head.

The last trade they offered was pretty fair. Walsh should of immediately countered with the same offer minus Mosgov and I bet they would have done it. All of you guys on here that think we're going to get Melo and Billups for Chandler, a pick, and Curry's contract are smoking crack. We're going to have to give to get and I think Walsh is severely overplaying his hand and risking the future of our team just to save us some role players that wouldn't even be starters on serious contenders teams. Yes, we might not get out of the first round this season but who knows if we would with our current squad...we're still a team rebuilding. Melo meeting with PokeandRob is letting everyone know that the Nets are REALLY back in play and he's tired of all this crap. We might of already lost Melo by overplaying our hand.

Denver wants nothing to do with Chandler as well. To me this starting lineup doesn't look too shabby:

Billups
Fields
Melo
Stat
Turiaf

Bench
Chandler
Williams
Douglas
Azibuke (he's almost better and practically is a starter)

If you don't think we can't at least keep up our current play with that roster, then you're crazy. On top of that we will almost guarantee that another max player will want to come play here by midseseason next year as well for our "real" playoff run. This year honestly doesn't mean crap....We need to look towards the future.

All in all I think Donnie is going to end up messing this thing up and we're going to lose Melo, just wait and see. I hope you guys are happy with being a mediocre team just because we weren't willing to part with average players to add another superstar. Some people blow my mind.

Last edited:

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
The last trade they offered was pretty fair. Walsh should of immediately countered with the same offer minus Mosgov and I bet they would have done it. All of you guys on here that think we're going to get Melo and Billups for Chandler, a pick, and Curry's contract are smoking crack. We're going to have to give to get and I think Walsh is severely overplaying his hand and risking the future of our team just to get out of the first round this season even though we're still a team rebuilding. Melo meeting with PokeandRob is letting everyone know that the Nets are REALLY back in play and he's tired of all this crap. We might of already lost Melo by overplaying our hand.

Denver wants nothing to do with Chandler as well. To me this starting lineup doesn't look too shabby:

Billups
Fields
Melo
Stat
Turiaf

If you don't think we can't at least keep up our current play with that roster, then you're crazy. On top of that we will almost guarantee that another max player will want to come play here by midseseason next year as well for our "real" playoff run. This year honestly doesn't mean crap....We need to look towards the future.

All in all I think Donnie is going to end up messing this thing up and we're going to lose Melo, just wait and see. I hope you guys are happy with being a mediocre team just because we weren't willing to part with average players to add another superstar. Some people blow my mind.

The lowest proposed trade we ever heard from Denver was they wanted Felton, Galo, (3rd Starter) Assuming Fields, 1st Rd Pick, Curry and possibly Chandler... It never got lower than that, and in my eyes that is not a fair trade because of the 3rd starter nonsense they threw in.. The bottom line is they don't want to give Melo what he wants and send him to the Knicks. They rather take a mediocre Nets package just to spite Melo and the NY Knick fans.

Are you a ****ing Idiot, We get one year in the playoffs and you are clamoring over Donnie Walsh who hasn't done shit!!! Only 3 players had big contracts running into the 2011 season J.Crawford,ZBO,Eddy Curry all would have became expering, So we could have easily freed up cap for Carmelo.

We had a lineup of
Marbury/Nate/Jamal
Jamal/Qrich/nate
Qrich/Chandler/Balkman
Zbo/David Lee/Jerome James
Curry/Zbo/Lee

We could have easily made 2 playoff trips those years we tanked and have shipped our soon to be expering contracts. Marbury 20mil expering could have neted us someone.

Donnie Walsh hasn't done shit but clear space that would have been clear, He didn't get Amare, Amare already was rumored to either come here or Miami. We just threw more $, he didn't scout Fields, his team told him to go after Fields after our two guys were gone D.Walsh is even quoted saying he knows little of Fields after he got drafted just that he played 4 years pro and has a 39' vert.

So what has Donnie Walsh done?
If Melo isn't here he failed 3 years in a row just like Isiah failed, What one playoffs got you hyped we made the playoffs with Marbury, so what are you saying?

KingofNy

Starter

I totally agree. Melo probably feels disrespected today that we wouldn't pull the trigger on that last deal. Walsh is severely overplaying his hand and it's going to cost us more than Melo... It's going to cost us a third star and the future of our organization. Some fans here are soooo happy to make the playoffs for the first time in forever that they are blinded by the "truth" behind all this. The truth that Melo will bring other stars and role players and that we're going to have to get rid of those same players anyways to make room for the next max contract. Makes no sense... NONE AT ALL! Stephen A. Smith was dead right, MELO OR BUST AT ALL COSTS!

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Are you a ****ing Idiot, We get one year in the playoffs and you are clamoring over Donnie Walsh who hasn't done shit!!! Only 3 players had big contracts running into the 2011 season J.Crawford,ZBO,Eddy Curry all would have became expering, So we could have easily freed up cap for Carmelo.

We had a lineup of
Marbury/Nate/Jamal
Jamal/Qrich/nate
Qrich/Chandler/Balkman
Curry/Zbo/Lee

We could have easily made 2 playoff trips those years we tanked and have shipped our soon to be expering contracts. Marbury 20mil expering could have neted us someone.

Donnie Walsh hasn't done shit but clear space that would have been clear, He didn't get Amare, Amare already was rumored to either come here or Miami. We just threw more $, he didn't scout Fields, his team told him to go after Fields after our two guys were gone D.Walsh is even quoted saying he knows little of Fields after he got drafted just that he played 4 years pro and has a 39' vert.

If Melo isn't here he failed 3 years in a row just like Isiah failed, What one playoffs got you hyped we made the playoffs with Marbury, so what are you saying?

You are an idiot.. could have, should have.... Isah Thomas sunk this franchise to the ground and put us so over the cap it's not funny. If it wasn't for Walsh we wouldn't even be discussing this Melo trade talk because the Knicks wouldn't have the cap room to bring him in.

KingofNy

Starter
The lowest proposed trade we ever heard from Denver was they wanted Felton, Galo, (3rd Starter) Assuming Fields, 1st Rd Pick, Curry and possibly Chandler... It never got lower than that, and in my eyes that is not a fair trade because of the 3rd starter nonsense they threw in.. The bottom line is they don't want to give Melo what he wants and send him to the Knicks. They rather take a mediocre Nets package just to spite Melo and the NY Knick fans.

It did get lower than that. They just offered us the following trade and it was turned down:

Felton
Gallo
Mosgov
Curry
1st

for

Billups and Gallo.

We are dumb for not taking that offer. Seriously dumb. If Melo isn't annoyed enough over our willingness to part with our role players, this one will take the cake. Expect Melo to go to NJ after meeting with pokeandrob this weekend. Walsh overplayed his hand and us as fans are going to be the victims. Not only is Walsh going to be labeled a failure after losing Melo, but Isiah will be back in charge next season, just wait and see. The chips are all falling into place. I hope people are happy being mediocre, because that's the best we'll be... a .500 team.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
It did get lower than that. They just offered us the following trade and it was turned down:

Felton
Gallo
Mosgov
Curry
1st

for

Billups and Gallo.

We are dumb for not taking that offer. Seriously dumb.

I never heard that trade proposal, but if they did offer that then they are dumb for not taking that, we don't know anything to be true though. So many rumors, who knows these days...

You are an idiot.. could have, should have.... Isah Thomas sunk this franchise to the ground and put us so over the cap it's not funny. If it wasn't for Walsh we wouldn't even be discussing this Melo trade talk because the Knicks wouldn't have the cap room to bring him in.

Read what I wrote dick, are you retarded

Our ace in the hole is Amare.

Remember, this is still about him, Melo and possibly Paul. Trust and believe Amare is keeping Melo hip to all Walsh's and den doing.

Melo should calm down. No way Walsh is not trying to get him. Or D'antoni for that matter. This would be easily the best player D'antoni has ever coached, think he does not want him? But they also wanna keep Gallo. That's what this is about. Not Fields, not Chandler, Gallo. Knicks will reluctantly give up Fields and Chandler and get Melo.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Smh, whatever dude, you're a shit poster anyway no reason in debating with you

good, go take your stupidity elsewhere and come back to me when you learn a little something about basketball. Idiocy of wanting a gm who has brought a team out of the basement fired because he doesn't want to give up his entire team for one guy. Doy

good, go take your stupidity elsewhere and come back to me when you learn a little something about basketball. Idiocy of wanting a gm who has brought a team out of the basement fired because he doesn't want to give up his entire team for one guy. Doy

One guy? We are talking about a superstar for Gallo,Fields,1st rounder and basically Feton is a swap for Billups. Role players for a superstar! You don't know shit do you, every team has shed every they have to get Stars Boston did it Miami did and so did the Lakers to Acquire Pau, not one of them looked back because you can get 2-3 glue guys you can't get 2-3 stars.

Markutis

Benchwarmer

We had a lineup of
Marbury/Nate/Jamal
Jamal/Qrich/nate
Qrich/Chandler/Balkman
Curry/Zbo/Lee

Now i see why the Knicks have gone so deep in their self destruction. This is the kind of thinking Isiah bring to this franchise. No patience, no horizon, only silly moves focused on the right now reward.

What you said is just stupid. You basically take away any credit Donnie Walsh could have in the current team and, jumping two years ago, fast forward to the present forgetting there are 730 days in the middle. 730 days in which you have to make decisions to improve the situation of a franchise completely ruined. Forgetting completely there were games to be played, a great city to represent and fans to care for.

If you want me to believe we'd have resisted 2 more years of that shitty roster you had wrote above and now the present would be a fairy tale of happiness and joy because of the magic of expiring contracts you're out of your ****ing mind.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Now i see why the Knicks have gone so deep in their self destruction. This is the kind of thinking Isiah bring to this franchise. No patience, no horizon, only silly moves focused on the right now reward.

What you said is just stupid. You basically take away any credit Donnie Walsh could have in the current team and, jumping two years ago, fast forward to the present forgetting there are 730 days in the middle. 730 days in which you have to make decisions to improve the situation of a franchise completely ruined. Forgetting completely there were games to be played, a great city to represent and fans to care for.

If you want me to believe we'd have resisted 2 more years of that shitty roster you had wrote above and now the present would be a fairy tale of happiness and joy you're out of your ****ing mind.

Well said sir. I want Walsh to make a trade for Melo in the worst way like every other Knicks fan as well, but for a reasonable cost. What they are asking for is unreasonable in my opinion. I mean here we are in 2011 and finally after 10 years we can say that the Knicks finally have a decent team, not great yet, but not horrible like in the past 9 seasons. I've grown to like Felton, I've grown to like Galo and fields and Chandler. I'm not saying to keep them all and still try to get Melo because we all know that ain't going to happen but damn... all i'm asking for for once is maybe just a little bit of patience with the team instead of blowing it up all the time. We have been that road already several times and look how it worked out. I still want Melo, but not if we have to give up everyone... Galo, Chandler, Curry, 1st Rd, and a Walker and/or Aza if they want it... That would be my offer... Is that unreasonable???