Prokhorov Says No Truth To Rumors of Nets Being Back In It!!

shaolin

Benchwarmer
And the plot thickens. Talk about kicking Denver's FO hard in the nuts. The other good news thus far, I guess, is that there is less than 1 week left in this drama. Denver lost most of its leverage and must be scrambling to find an alternative strategy to find some leverage. Good luck!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
And the plot thickens. Talk about kicking Denver's FO hard in the nuts. The other good news thus far, I guess, is that there is less than 1 week left in this drama. Denver lost most of its leverage and must be scrambling to find an alternative strategy to find some leverage. Good luck!

Well Prok got knocked around pretty good so I don't blame him. Let Denvers FO take some counterpunches.
;)

petescud

Starter
According to Foxsports a deal is in the works...Nets send Favors, Harris, 4 1st rounders (ouch) for melee, billips and Denvers trash. This is a great trade for Denver. The nets are getting screwed big time, and they play in our division. So thats the good news. Wish Philly wasn't in this race, i'd say grab Iggy and save the money for CP3/Deron

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Carmelo accepting this trade would be akin to him accepting to be part of a bottom-feeding team for the next few years to come.

A Nets team built around Carmelo at SF and Lopez at C dumping all of their other players like Favors and co. would be the worst rebounding team in the league and would be lucky to ever make it to the #8 seed.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Carmelo accepting this trade would be akin to him accepting to be part of a bottom-feeding team for the next few years to come.

A Nets team built around Carmelo at SF and Lopez at C dumping all of their other players like Favors and co. would be the worst rebounding team in the league and would be lucky to ever make it to the #8 seed.

With no draft picks.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, that's true.

Not only that, they would SUCK and then the Nuggets would get the benefits of all that suckitude by taking up all their draft picks.

It's a sad state but that deal is way too good for Denver to pass up.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Yeah, that's true.

Not only that, they would SUCK and then the Nuggets would get the benefits of all that suckitude by taking up all their draft picks.

It's a sad state but that deal is way too good for Denver to pass up.

well they might have to pass it up if melo doesnt sign on the dotted line

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Exactly.

The deal being that the Nets basically shoot themselves in the foot with 5 .50 caliber rounds if they let this deal go through. Dealing the Nets Carmelo Anthony for 4 first-rounders and half of the Nets' current squad would be akin to the Herschel Walker trade.

The Nets are going to finish no better than with maybe 25 wins this season even if they get Carmelo (and a bunch of D-Leaguers and Brook "I Can't Rebound" Lopez) and then the Nuggets are going to have lottery picks for the next three years where they'll draft a brand new team anchored by stars such as Perry Jones and Kyrie Irving and Harrison Barnes.

LOL Nets.

tiger0330

Legend
That's why I support Donnie lowballing Denver, can't top that Nets offer if they're looking for draft picks. If we don't get Melo it won't be because Donnie didn't try it was because our assets were just not as good as the Nets.

Tune in this w/e folks, maybe we get a news conference from the Nets saying Melo has told us he will not play for us.

or

f*** him if he say's he's agreeable to a trade.