Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Your Guess/Hope for Knicks Post-Deadline Lineup

  1. #1
    Member StarksOverJordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Your Guess/Hope for Knicks Post-Deadline Lineup

    I guess this can be the lineup thread instead of all the little posts and threads. Heres what I hope occurs.

    Knicks trade Azubuike's expiring and a 2nd to SAC-town for Sammy Dalembert

    Knicks cut Anthony Carter

    C- Dalembert
    PF- Amare
    SF- Melo
    SG- Fields
    PG- Billups

    Bench:

    Brewer
    Turiaf
    Shelden
    Shawne
    Balkman
    Barron
    Billy Walker
    Rautins

  2. #2
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I can live with that. We still need a backup PG though. I'd trade Bill Walker & Roger Mason for Telfair.

  3. #3
    Member StarksOverJordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    I can live with that. We still need a backup PG though. I'd trade Bill Walker & Roger Mason for Telfair.
    I was feeling that too but I think Minny is done dealing with us. Who else is out there? Can we nab Sessions?

  4. #4
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4President
    I was feeling that too but I think Minny is done dealing with us. Who else is out there? Can we nab Sessions?
    Sessions is someone DW & MDA were both interested in this past summer but not sure if they wanna take on any additional salary that runs past next season. Sessions is signed through the '12/'13 season at $4.5M.

    I've been reading that the Knicks had some discussions with the Blazers the past few months, maybe Patrick Mills is an option? We could probably get him for Walker straight up. Donnie's got great relationship with Larry Bird so maybe a deal for TJ Ford might be a possibility, though they're making a nice little run to get themselves into playoff contention so I'm not sure how realistic that is.
    Last edited by STAT1; Feb 22, 2011 at 20:35.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,657
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    What happened with the Earl Barron signing? He's watching TV at home waiting for that call.

  6. #6
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    What happened with the Earl Barron signing? He's watching TV at home waiting for that call.
    Have to clear roster space. If we trade for either Camby or Dalembert then were definitely going to sign Earl to replace Ronny.

  7. #7
    Member StarksOverJordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Sammy D's Line Tonight: 18 Pts 13 Rebounds

    Gladly accept Billy Walker and Azubuike hell you can even have Ronny

  8. #8
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4President
    Sammy D's Line Tonight: 18 Pts 13 Rebounds

    Gladly accept Billy Walker and Azubuike hell you can even have Ronny
    Lmao see I believe Sac. would do it 2. We could definitely use those 13 rebounds!

  9. #9
    Member StarksOverJordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Lmao see I believe Sac. would do it 2. We could definitely use those 13 rebounds!
    Remember when we were going ape**** over Timmy's 20+ pt 10+ rebound game? Well Dalembert does it on the reg and my man got straight muscle and tenacity down there. If anyone snuffs out Melo you can be sure Dalembert and Balkman will be throwing elbows the rest of the game.

    Work your magic Donnie. This is still your team

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We need a backup PG (Sessions) and a Center... The problem is still D'Antoni. Trade didn't solve anything

  11. #11
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Right now... Our 9 man rotation is this:

    Billups
    Fields
    Melo
    Amar'e
    Turiaf

    Douglas, Shawne Williams, Bill Walker and some Shelden Williams

    We may find use for Carter or Balkman, but they may be sent somewhere along with Mason... Doubt they crack rotation anyway. Rautins sits at end of bench. Azuibuke keeps battling for playing time as he recovers.

    I think we get either Dalembert (pure dump), Camby (if Miss Lucky strikes), but more likely we find a way to snag Murphy when/if he gets cut. Fallback if all else fails is to bring Earl Barron back.

  12. #12
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Aristoteles
    We need a backup PG (Sessions) and a Center... The problem is still D'Antoni. Trade didn't solve anything

    Amen. Coach hates layups, dunks and free throws. He prefers the lower pct 28-foot shot. Coach says we need shooting? Hey coach, Billups is a betetr shooter than our previous PG. Gallo has been terrible from downtown, and now his minutes (and 3 attempts) go to Walker-Williams, the latter is amongts NBA leaders.

  13. #13
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4President
    Sammy D's Line Tonight: 18 Pts 13 Rebounds

    Gladly accept Billy Walker and Azubuike hell you can even have Ronny
    I seriously think we are an elite team if we got Dalembert.

  14. #14
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4President
    I guess this can be the lineup thread instead of all the little posts and threads. Heres what I hope occurs.

    Knicks trade Azubuike's expiring and a 2nd to SAC-town for Sammy Dalembert
    Apparently we CAN trade a player along with a PTE, though I'd read otherwise, but why send Azubuike? Send Balkman, Carter and Rautins.

  15. #15
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4President
    Remember when we were going ape**** over Timmy's 20+ pt 10+ rebound game? Well Dalembert does it on the reg and my man got straight muscle and tenacity down there. If anyone snuffs out Melo you can be sure Dalembert and Balkman will be throwing elbows the rest of the game.

    Work your magic Donnie. This is still your team
    was i the only one who was thinking the same thing? we wont miss mozgov at all. trust me. Nene is gonna sign his extension with denver, and moz will be a backup. A marcin gortat kind of guy at best. Dalembert/Gasol/ would make us a championship team. Barron/Jordan would make us contenders

Similar Threads

  1. What the Yankees lineup should be- PROVEN STATS
    By Paul1355 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 02, 2008, 02:44
  2. One of the few post ima post this season
    By Kennedy Curse in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Mar 21, 2008, 13:12
  3. My beef with Isiah
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2007, 03:21
  4. Post Cry
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2005, 00:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •