Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Hybrid View

Default The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

This is a thread to discuss all things Melo. Theres going to be a **** load of Melo stuff coming out and the amount of threads it will create will be insane. So I think we should just have one Melo thread.

Every day I will come in here and post the Melo news as it comes out. If you want me to add an article up here post it in the

February 18th (Day 1)

ESPNNY: Nets, Knicks, to Meet with Melo
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I like this idea.. I'll start off:

Latest News/Rumors:

The Net's Owner Prokhorov and Knicks Owner Dolan are to meet with Carmelo Anthony and the Nuggets over the All-Star Weekend.

Knicks owner James Dolan is expected to meet with Carmelo Anthony in L.A. during All-Star weekend -- Melo will also meet with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov.
    The meetings are expected to happen Friday or Saturday, and should kick off some heated negotiations as the two teams bear down on Carmelo in advance of Thursday's deadline. Dolan has been in direct contact with the Nuggets' owner, Stan Kroenke, and could potentially overrule the objections of Mike D'Antoni, who has been leery of blowing up the roster to acquire Melo. Feb 18, 9:36:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dario8676
    I like this idea.. I'll start off:

Latest News/Rumors:

The Net's Owner Prokhorov and Knicks Owner Dolan are to meet with Carmelo Anthony and the Nuggets over the All-Star Weekend.
    Isnt this starting to look like the direct to DVD sequel of the Decision?

If the Mavs come in and Swipe Melo up out of no where it really will be.

wfan reported that the nets and nuggets reached a tentative agreement and its all in melo's hands now?

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain

Yeah it is... It gives me a headache when I think about it. I tell you though, although I don't want to blow up house to get Melo, I don't want him to land on the Nets either. If he ends up with the Nets, I think I will be sick to my stomach all of next week.

Originally Posted by Dario8676
    Yeah it is... It gives me a headache when I think about it. I tell you though, although I don't want to blow up house to get Melo, I don't want him to land on the Nets either. If he ends up with the Nets, I think I will be sick to my stomach all of next week.
    Yeah i can take him going anywhere but NJ. That would really suck.

I wish these next 7 days would just fly by.

Superstar

NJ isn't going to have a PF if Melo comes. My guess is that they'll have to trade Troy Murphy and maybe a few more pieces to make the team more enticing.

Brook Lopez is so overrated... ugh...

In the end it will be Melo's own fault if he doesn't come here. We have the best roster waiting for him and he could pressure the Nugs to force the trade, but he's being the slut who is flirting with everyone, but caring more about getting the most $$$ out it. It's in Melo's own interest that we don't trade the house for him. Who is he gonna be playing with when he gets here?

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain

this is worse than the decision by lebron

truthfully if you look at it realistically, carmelo has allowed this to be a prime time decision show every day of the seasons since training camp. Personally I find it ridiculous, pre madonna idiot.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    this is worse than the decision by lebron

truthfully if you look at it realistically, carmelo has allowed this to be a prime time decision show every day of the seasons since training camp. Personally I find it ridiculous, pre madonna idiot.
    See this is what I don't understand. Who is it that keeps us informed? The media. Who has all the sources? The media. It's always the players who get the blame for everything yet sumtimes it's not even their doing our fault. Every media outlet jus knew lebron wanted to be a knick when there really never was anything there.

Another thing, we as fans look at these players like robots or something because all we see is money and say well be happy mutha****a because if you complain about something your a crybaby an you don't deserve to cry cause you have fame and money. We sometimes forget the human element of things.

can you believe this ****? the ONLY player the nets would have after this trade besides melo is lopez...i understand melo is frustrated with the knicks but cmon just DENY THIS so you can come to the knicks and play with stat and other good players in the garden, and if he doesnt come, then heads gotta ROLL.

Ok this is nucking futs!

If NJ gets Melo Im gonna be so PISSED!

Veteran

If Melo goes to the Nets then he can eat a dick.

Seriously, does anybody think the Nets are any good? I don't think the Nets are a playoff team if they added Carmelo to their current roster, let alone if they dump their entire roster to get him. They lose their picks so they're not getting any better.

To me Melo comes down to three things he wants:

1. He wants max money
    2. He wants NY
    3. He wants a contender

Over the next week we will see which is most important

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    If Melo goes to the Nets then he can eat a dick.

Seriously, does anybody think the Nets are any good? I don't think the Nets are a playoff team if they added Carmelo to their current roster, let alone if they dump their entire roster to get him. They lose their picks so they're not getting any better.
    maybe a second reason why the nuggets agreed, other than obvious reasons, is that they REALLY wanna pressure the knicks and also have melo look like an ******* to the nets/nuggets by rejecting the highpriced nets offer