The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

What? No deal yet? Now I see the Nets want Gallo and Moz for a couple of picks. Kind of a shrewd move.

Harris
Morrow
Gallo
Favors
Lopez

Isnt a bad team at all. If they come together they could make a run for a playoff spot this year.

Could someone fly to Denver and put their hands around the owners throat? Maybe that'll speed this thing up...

p0nder

Starter
Mozgov is Russian, the nets owner is also Russian. This is why they are demanding moz in the deal. If they get Felton or Chandler for a 1st rounder then they are getting a very good deal.

I said it before the nets owner is going to be a thorn in our side for a long time to come. no wonder he thought it was so strategicly important for the nets to remain in discussions. He's going to get the scraps off the knicks/nuggets table and from the look of it, they are going to be some hefty pieces. Denver FO is so amatureish about this entire deal that i'm fairly certain the russian will end up fleecing them for the best pieces of the knicks deal.

STAT1

Starter
"Sources say NJ in talks w/Den to send 2 1st round picks to Den for Mozgov & either Gallinari, Chandler or Felton, if Melo traded to NYK"

Broussard's Twitter

Not a 3 team deal, but two separate trades. NJ is really pissing me off, they know we don't want to part with Mozgov but they're are forcing us to do it by offering denver 2 1st roudner for moz and one of the other palyers we send them for melo. Smart move by Prok, but its really pissing me off. No way in hell denver backs down from wanting mozgov if they know he is equal to getting a 1st rounder.

I had a feeling that would be the case. Damn Prokhorov is gangsta.

STAT1

Starter
Mozgov is Russian, the nets owner is also Russian. This is why they are demanding moz in the deal. If they get Felton or Chandler for a 1st rounder then they are getting a very good deal.

I said it before the nets owner is going to be a thorn in our side for a long time to come. no wonder he thought it was so strategicly important for the nets to remain in discussions. He's going to get the scraps off the knicks/nuggets table and from the look of it, they are going to be some hefty pieces. Denver FO is so amatureish about this entire deal that i'm fairly certain the russian will end up fleecing them for the best pieces of the knicks deal.

I think it's healthy for competition in this town to have an owner like Prokhorov nipping at Dolan's heels. The Yankees have to deal with the same in the Mets always trying to steal the thunder & backpage headlines. It's good for the city & good for the sport.

If this is true, the Nets wanting our players wouldnt it be wise if all parties came together to get the deal completed?

Knicks want Melo
Melo wants Knicks
Nuggets want picks
Nets want Gallo & Moz

I know Gallo and Moz arent the Nets first choice, but since it appears they're OK with settling why not all parties just come together? Makes sense to me...

STAT1

Starter
If this is true, the Nets wanting our players wouldnt it be wise if all parties came together to get the deal completed?

I doubt the Nets would be interested in helping the Knicks land Melo in any way. They are doing this to make themselves out like they pulled a fast one on the Knicks by stealing their players since they probably feel the Knicks stole Melo away from them, even though he was never theirs to begin with. I'm sure the Nuggets have no problem helping the Nets needle the Knicks either considering they just lost their franchise guy to us. Plus the Nuggets want the Nets picks, that's all they've been after from the very beginning.

The Nets are going to try & make the Knicks give up as much as possible first & then get the players the Knicks had to give up & stand in the corner & snicker like they just pulled off the ruse of the century, but in the end who will end up with the best player? 'Nuff said.

KingofNy

Starter
Melo can say he will wait until free agency to make his decision. He's said he doesn't want to go to a team that has to gut their roster to get him...PROVE IT! He's said he would be willing to take a pay cut to win a championship...PROVE IT!

This is Melo demanding he get his money. Plain and simple. He doesn't care about the Knicks. He doesn't care about winning a championship. He wants the big market to make more money and he wants his wife to live in NY for her career, so she they can make more money.

And no, we won't have enough space to sign CP3 or DWill. Amare makes $20 mil. Melo will make $21 mil. Remember, Bosh and Lebron took $14.5 mil and Wade took $14 mil. Do the math. Something's go to give. The cap holds alone preclude us from offering a max contract. If the cap stayed the same, we would have approx $8-10 mil in cap space. All indications are that the cap will shrink with the new CBA. We will be stuck with Melo, Amare and a bunch of minimum salary scrubs. I'm sorry, that is an awful team. We can build a a better team without Melo.

Denver is getting Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mozgov, Brewer and a 1st round pick for Melo, Billups and two scrubs. Even though Melo and Billups are essentially free agents in just 28 games. Wow!!! Denver's GM deserves Executive of the Year for this!!! I don't know how, but when they were supposed to be the desperate team and we we're supposed to be the team with all the leverage and power, we end up looking desperate and getting fleeced. Unbelievable.

You put out a lot of good information... My only problem with what you are saying is what I highlighted in Bold. David Stern COVETS these super teams. There is NO WAY he is going to cut the cap... If anything I think he's going to raise the cap a bit so teams can have enough money to pay their 3 stars and also have enough to go out and get good role players.

The cap is going up with the new CBA, not down.

skisloper

Starter
If Denver will trade gallo to the Nets for first rounder why dont we just buy someone's first rounder for 3 million and keep Gallo.

This is Russian dude may be Dolan's Gay Lover

It might soften the blow for whichever of our former players that get traded to the Nets.. They won't have to pack their bags and totally relocate as far as living..

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
am I the only one who wouldn't give up two lottery picks for Gallo/Mosgov, Chandler/Mosgov, or Felton/Mosgov? I don't see why this would be such a tremendous move for the Nets. I think the team that would be cleaning up would be Denver.

I doubt the Nets would be interested in helping the Knicks land Melo in any way. They are doing this to make themselves out like they pulled a fast one on the Knicks by stealing their players since they probably feel the Knicks stole Melo away from them, even though he was never theirs to begin with. I'm sure the Nuggets have no problem helping the Nets needle the Knicks either considering they just lost their franchise guy to us. Plus the Nuggets want the Nets picks, that's all they've been after from the very beginning.

The Nets are going to try & make the Knicks give up as much as possible first & then get the players the Knicks had to give up & stand in the corner & snicker like they just pulled off the ruse of the century, but in the end who will end up with the best player? 'Nuff said.

I agree this is most likely the Nets position. But, maturity and a business sense should take precedence over one upmanship with these teams. They're all going to have to deal with one another for years to come. These guys (Denver in particular) are burning bridges unnecessarily. I know if I'm either the Knicks or the Nets if Denver called me asking for anything after this I'm hanging up the phone....

LJ4ptplay

Starter
"Sources say NJ in talks w/Den to send 2 1st round picks to Den for Mozgov & either Gallinari, Chandler or Felton, if Melo traded to NYK"

Broussard's Twitter

Not a 3 team deal, but two separate trades. NJ is really pissing me off, they know we don't want to part with Mozgov but they're are forcing us to do it by offering denver 2 1st roudner for moz and one of the other palyers we send them for melo. Smart move by Prok, but its really pissing me off. No way in hell denver backs down from wanting mozgov if they know he is equal to getting a 1st rounder.

Jesus Christ!!!

Seriously guys. Denver and NJ are making us look like complete desperate fools. And we were supposed to be the team with all the leverage and power!! SMH.

Why don't they just ask for our dignity and self-respect while their at it? Oh right. They already have and it's already gone.

Sad. I wore my Knicks gear with pride just a few weeks ago. Back to the closet and in the shadow of shame. SMH.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
People are getting way too uptight about this whole thing. Remember, if the Knicks get Carmelo and Billups for Chandler/Gallo/Felton/Mosgov and a pick, regardless of what Denver does with those players, the KNICKS will be the team getting the BEST PLAYER (by far) in the entire deal. That's the bottom line here. If the Knicks land Melo, NJ will seem even more irrelevant then they already are.

am I the only one who wouldn't give up two lottery picks for Gallo/Mosgov, Chandler/Mosgov, or Felton/Mosgov? I don't see why this would be such a tremendous move for the Nets. I think the team that would be cleaning up would be Denver.

I think the Nets will try to flip Harris for Felton. They've been down on Harris for a couple years now. Then they go out and hire a coach that he doesnt get along with...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nobody wants to do deals with Denver anymore, I'd think.

The entire league is pissed at them cause tons of trades are probably in the making but because of Denver dragging its ass out on this stuff nothing's happened