Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678223252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Veteran

Originally Posted by Dario8676
    WFAN is reporting that the proposed package a few days back where the Knicks would receive Billups and Melo in exchange for Felton, Galo, a 3rd Starter, Curry, and a 1st round pick would have been a done deal as player wise both teams were in agreement, however the Knicks were unwilling to do the trade because they didn't want to take back Billups contract. Are you kidding me?
    Depends on who the 3rd starter was. If it were Wilson Chandler then I'd be fine, if it were Fields, maybe not so much.

I doubt it was Billups' contract since he has a team option and the team can just buy him out.

Ok this is nucking futs!

If NJ gets Melo Im gonna be so PISSED!

Veteran

If Melo goes to the Nets then he can eat a dick.

Seriously, does anybody think the Nets are any good? I don't think the Nets are a playoff team if they added Carmelo to their current roster, let alone if they dump their entire roster to get him. They lose their picks so they're not getting any better.

stein is right. a tentative agreement doesnt mean **** unless melo actually wants to go to the nets...DO NOT be spiteful melo, come to ny! i mean really, do you wanna be **** for a year, then wait for chris paul and have yourself, paul, and lopez, still not be an elite team, and play secondfiddle to the knicks and MSG or go to the knicks now with AMARE, other good role players, the possibility of getting paul, and playing in the mecca of basketball, in your hometown

Veteran

Dolan is going to get this done. But Melo will have to veto the Nets deal. Den wants to make him look bad turnin down their best offer.

To me Melo comes down to three things he wants:

1. He wants max money
    2. He wants NY
    3. He wants a contender

Over the next week we will see which is most important

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    If Melo goes to the Nets then he can eat a dick.

Seriously, does anybody think the Nets are any good? I don't think the Nets are a playoff team if they added Carmelo to their current roster, let alone if they dump their entire roster to get him. They lose their picks so they're not getting any better.
    maybe a second reason why the nuggets agreed, other than obvious reasons, is that they REALLY wanna pressure the knicks and also have melo look like an ******* to the nets/nuggets by rejecting the highpriced nets offer

Nets-Nuggets reach deal pending Carmelo Approval

The Nets and Nuggets reportedly have reached a tentative agreement on a trade that would send Carmelo Anthony to New Jersey.
    The deal is pending Anthony's agreement on a long-term contract extension with the Nets.
    The trade would send Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman to New Jersey, and Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round draft picks to Denver.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Well the good news is if he does decide to go to the Nets then all this melo-watch crap will most likely be over by this weekend/early monday since the nets and nuggets have a pending deal in place already based on melo's decision. So if Melo says yes to the nets than the deal is done.

If nothing is done by monday, then I would say that the Nets are out of it and its most likely between nothing happening or him going to the Knicks. I could be wrong.

Veteran

The NET are nuts....

I propose we trade Felton, Gallo, Chandler , Fields and a 1st round pick for Carmelo and Billops....

Then Trade Anthony and Billops and Curry for Murphy, Favors, Harris and 4 first rounders....

We would have.....

Harris
    Douglas
    Favors
    Amare...
    Mozgov

4 first rounders.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    The NET are nuts....

I propose we trade Felton, Gallo, Chandler , Fields and a 1st round pick for Carmelo and Billops....

Then Trade Anthony and Billops and Curry for Murphy, Favors, Harris and 4 first rounders....

We would have.....

Harris
    Douglas
    Favors
    Amare...
    Mozgov

4 first rounders.

Not serious but I cannot believe what the Nets are willing to give up......

As per usual lately, with every passing minute more rumors or "news" become available. Newsday reporting Melo will not agree to Nets proposal as long as NY is still pursuing him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by nyk1986; Feb 18, 2011 at 13:23. Reason: Posting link

Breaking News: According to WFAN 20/20 sports update... Carmelo Anthony has stated and is quoted saying: "I wasn't aware that there is a meeting during the all star break between the nets and myself. That is news to me!"

But wait it gets better!! lmao the same sources have stated that Billups has says that if he is traded to either NY team that he will push his way off the team and sign for minimum with the Miami Heat LOL

As long as he meets with Dolan and Walsh or just straight up says No to NJ