Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11252627282930313233343536375161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I don't think it'll be announced until either Monday or Tuesday. Can't exactly switch All Star teams.
    Either way you know "sources" will comfirm it

Originally Posted by Hayato
    lol did u make that
    Naw but its nice though right, lol

Isola tweeted "after this whole deal wait till Knicks fans realize he's not in lebrons' class"

Ok 2 problems I have with that statements:

1: When it comes to physical gifts no one can wth. When it comes to the media no one can. When it gets down to it, LeBron and Melo have the same amount of rings if my memory serves me right.

2: Since when did LeBron have his own class??

EDIT: Comparison

Carmelo Anthony: 6'8 230lbs-24.8 ppg, 3.1 apg, 6.3 rpg, 1.1 spg, 0.5 bpg, 3.1 TO, 46% fg, 31.1% 3pt fg, 80.3% ft, 36.4 mpg
    LeBron James: 6'8 250lbs-27.7 ppg, 7.0 apg, 7.1 rpg, 1.7 spg, 0.8 bpg, 3.3 TO, 47.6% fg, 33% 3pt fg, 74.4% ft, 40.2 mpg
    Last edited by la2ny; Feb 20, 2011 at 02:11.

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Isola tweeted "after this whole deal wait till Knicks fans realize he's not in lebrons' class"

Ok 2 problems I have with that statements:

1: When it comes to physical gifts no one can wth. When it comes to the media no one can. When it gets down to it, LeBron and Melo have the same amount of rings if my memory serves me right.

2: Since when did LeBron have his own class??
    Isola is assuming way too much. Most Knick fans probably realize that Melo is the best player out there the team can get their hands on and that he's better than any of the options that will be available in free agency this summer.

How many players are out there that are in Lebron's class? Kobe? Dwight Howard maybe? Not many others can anyone point to outside of those guys. After those 3 you come to players like Wade, Durant, Carmelo, Dirk, Deron, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose. Is it fair to say a top 10 player in the NBA is worth a package of the Knicks role players? I would think so.

Originally Posted by StatVP
    Isola is assuming way too much. Most Knick fans probably realize that Melo is the best player out there the team can get their hands on and that he's better than any of the options that will be available in free agency this summer.

How many players are out there that are in Lebron's class? Kobe? Dwight Howard maybe? Not many others can anyone point to outside of those guys. After those 3 you come to players like Wade, Durant, Carmelo, Dirk, Deron, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose. Is it fair to say a top 10 player in the NBA is worth a package of the Knicks role players? I would think so.
    Exactly my point. That statement was so flawed and bias on his part. I understand people having concerns, but you just don't know. And he is the best AVAILABLE player, not someone were dreaming about 2 years from now or hoping doesn't want to stay in a small market.

This summer everyone said we overpaid for Amar'e, and well....You know the rest.

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Exactly my point. That statement was so flawed and bias on his part. I understand people having concerns, but you just don't know. And he is the best AVAILABLE player, not someone were dreaming about 2 years from now or hoping doesn't want to stay in a small market.

This summer everyone said we overpaid for Amar'e, and well....You know the rest.
    So true, last summer people were so adamant about not letting David Lee get away and thought that by signing Amare Stoudemire to a max contract we were overpaying for talent that wouldn't be good enough to make us a championship contender. It's like the same situation now you're hearing with Carmelo, only now it's trade talks you're hearing about instead of free agent contracts.

It's funny but a good number of Knick fans seem to be more ready to stay the course and keep their fingers crossed waiting around for something that might never happen instead of going after a sure thing in hand. I think the news media loves to drive that kind of mentality too, they know fans who've been waiting around for saviors for the better part of a decade will eat it up. Sports journalists know these types of fantasies sell newspapers in this town. As long as they can keep these hype engines alive, the more stories they can sell to their editors. Today it's Deron Williams, tomorrow it will be Dwight Howard. Then in 2013 it will be John Wall or Blake Griffin who supposedly said they want to play for the Knicks. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    I dont think the question is if Melo wants to be a Knick, we all know he does. The problem is that Melo wants to be a Knick NOW, not next year with the uncertainties of the new CBA and dragging this thing on.

He wants to be a Knick now, and if the Knicks know this then they can wait till next year if they dont want to give up that much. However, if the Knicks are uncertain about being able to get Melo next year then they will have to make a serious play for him now, which I believe they are doing.

If Melo isnt a Knick by Thursday then chances are he will never be a Knick the way things are looking.
    Whats up Papz? You taking a break from JI? I took a break from there for awhile cause I got sick of all the homers.

I see what you're saying and I agree that I don't think we'll end up with Melo in the off-season if we don't snatch him up by the deadline. This trade has to happen soon though because it's going to take time to get all the physicals done and get the picks required for the trade. I think that we'll end up offering Mos along with fields and will end up keeping Gallo if the trade does go down.

I have a feeling that Melo will know tomorrow night exactly what his future holds. I'm sure he told Denver that he would cooperate with them and help them get a fair value for him but I'm sure he requested for them to make a decision by the all-star game so he could get his life in order. Who knows though, Denver's FO is pretty out of wack.

Isola is an idiot. Well Duh obviouslly Melo isn't lebron. We all know that.... But Guess what, Chandler isn't Melo... Galo isn't Melo... Felton isn't Melo... and everyone seeems to forget we are getting Billups back in deal?

So right now the trade on the table is Felton, Galo, Chandler, Curry, 1st for Billups, Melo, & a few other players to fit the cap. But according to sources they want Moz too and that is what's holding up the deal. At this point if I'm the Knicks I say we won't give u Moz but we will give you Walker and a 2nd Round if you accept the trade right now and sign on dotted line. Done.. That way no more games and it get's done.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Dario8676
    Isola is an idiot. Well Duh obviouslly Melo isn't lebron. We all know that.... But Guess what, Chandler isn't Melo... Galo isn't Melo... Felton isn't Melo... and everyone seeems to forget we are getting Billups back in deal?

So right now the trade on the table is Felton, Galo, Chandler, Curry, 1st for Billups, Melo, & a few other players to fit the cap. But according to sources they want Moz too and that is what's holding up the deal. At this point if I'm the Knicks I say we won't give u Moz but we will give you Walker and a 2nd Round if you accept the trade right now and sign on dotted line. Done.. That way no more games and it get's done.

i think we might have to do it and pick up baron...but i think we need to tell denver thatif they come back again some more changes.... were walkin..

Amare 18.2 mil
    melo 18.5 mil
    TD 2 mil (team opt)
    only commitments for 2012 = 36.7 mil (about 22 mil in cap space)

im assuming we wont be doing any shoppin this summer because guys like deandre/gasol will want multi year contracts and we wont be able to get one of the PGs or dwight in 2012..

if we can get a guy like dalembert on the cheap or over pay on a one year contract i'd do it....

Mozgov is holding up the deal?are you serious?Didn't we go on that 8 game winning streak without play Moz 1 minute?Trade Moz and sign Barron!

Veteran

Originally Posted by moneyg
    i think we might have to do it and pick up baron...but i think we need to tell denver thatif they come back again some more changes.... were walkin..

Amare 18.2 mil
    melo 18.5 mil
    TD 2 mil (team opt)
    only commitments for 2012 = 36.7 mil (about 22 mil in cap space)

im assuming we wont be doing any shoppin this summer because guys like deandre/gasol will want multi year contracts and we wont be able to get one of the PGs or dwight in 2012..

if we can get a guy like dalembert on the cheap or over pay on a one year contract i'd do it....

Maybe Walker/2nd rounder gets us a back up point guard...if Melo/Billups deal goes thru we need a back-up point guard now more then ever

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Maybe Walker/2nd rounder gets us a back up point guard...if Melo/Billups deal goes thru we need a back-up point guard now more then ever
    Maybe we can get sebastian telfair in the trade?

Just read on realgm.com that Melo will consider the Nets.

If that's true, I hope he gets face herpes. We've offered a lot to get him what he wants, time for him to start working for our benefit.

Greed

Greed

Greed

Greed

Greed

Really feeling for Ray, Gallo and Wil ATM.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Just read on realgm.com that Melo will consider the Nets.

If that's true, I hope he gets face herpes. We've offered a lot to get him what he wants, time for him to start working for our benefit.

Greed

Greed

Greed

Greed

Greed

Really feeling for Ray, Gallo and Wil ATM.
    If Carmelo never wants to win a championship then he can go to the nets.There basically giving up there whole team and all of their draft picks,the only thing they'll have left is Brook Lopez and his 5 Rebounds per game.

Veteran

According to Alan Hahn Carmelo was 'noncommittal' after the meeting with the Nets.

Plus you also have to think that after LeBron became the most hated figure in the NBA overnight not only by Cavs fans but also by fans of the teams that he spurned (ie us) that Carmelo doesn't want to follow in that example and become a villain by saying that he has absolutely no intention of going to the Nets.

But going to the Nets became a possibility about 6 months ago and he's had a long time to think about going there. I don't think he'd change his mind now.

He wants MSG and Amar'e at his side.