The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

WrongIslander

Rotation player
What is Steve Kerr saying. Hey Stevie, if you were a good executive, you wouldn't doing the color during the all star game

Yeah, Melo clearly won't work because Amar'e and him always have to have the ball and neither have shown they can play as part of a team have they.....

Also Amar'e has really struggled in the D'antoni offense thus far so it's worth bringing up how hard it would be for him to adapt with one different player on the court.

Give me a break.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I abhor Reggie Miller, but he's absolutely right. For Dolan to step in now is a complete injustice.

Here is all you need to know about Dolan:

Everything he thinks he knows about how the Knicks should be run he learned from Isiah Thomas, who broke in here by giving away the store for Stephon Marbury. But then Dolan actually believes that Isiah had something to do with the Knicks getting Stoudemire and actually believes that Isiah could have gotten LeBron if he'd gotten involved in those negotiations sooner.

Good grief. It means he really does still believe that Isiah Thomas is some kind of genius.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...or.html?page=1

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
At this point, I feel we should just take our current offer away from Denver and offer it to NO for CP3, and then try our luck with Dwight Howard when he is a free agent. Let melo go to NJ and be irrelevant for the rest of his career.

The Knicks really don't have much leverage at all in these negotiations.

Bottom line - Melo wants his money, be it in NJ, NY or DEN. Although he's held out against going to NJ, if the Nuggets tell him it's NJ or nothing, then he'll probably give in at the last minute, and the Nuggets clearly seem to be operating under that assumption.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
This is my first post. Ive been trolling these boards for about 2 yrs now and this is the first time I ever felt I had to say anything. Melo is going to NJ. Let it go...

I'm assuming you are one of the 12 NJ Nets Fans in existence. Honestly with what your retarted owner is offering for him... Damn you can have him. Good luck building any kind of team around him with no picks or talent left.

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
This is my first post. Ive been trolling these boards for about 2 yrs now and this is the first time I ever felt I had to say anything. Melo is going to NJ. Let it go...

Hahaha. 11 o'clock on a Sunday night and THIS is how you choose to spend your time?

You care to prove your case or just want to make bold face assertions.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
The Knicks really don't have much leverage at all in these negotiations.

Bottom line - Melo wants his money, be it in NJ, NY or DEN. Although he's held out against going to NJ, if the Nuggets tell him it's NJ or nothing, then he'll probably give in at the last minute, and the Nuggets clearly seem to be operating under that assumption.

Exatly. Melo oviously hasn't made it clar that its NYK or nothing. Thats why hell be a Net come the 24th.....Just hope These players dont feel spurned and play uninspired from here on out

The Nuggets really have very little to lose in this situation. Even if Melo stays in Denver, he might cave and just sign the extension. If he walks, they'll have a lot of cap space going forward and can start rebuilding the team. Even if they do trade him, they are going to be a pretty awful team in 2012 anyway.

I can see Gallo and Fields putting up nice numbers there in 2012 and getting ridiculous contracts once they walk.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I'm assuming you are one of the 12 NJ Nets Fans in existence. Honestly with what your retarted owner is offering for him... Damn you can have him. Good luck building any kind of team around him with no picks or talent left.

The Nets getting Melo for what they have offered will completely destroy that franchise, not that it's any more than they deserve the way they've acted in all this.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer

Def not a Nets fan. I for one just dont believe hescoming here. It would of happened by now. the nuggets dont want him coming to NY. Its time we all ust move on.

STAT1

Starter
Me 2 It's so regurgitated at this point im not sick of it anymore I just want it 2 stop

dear-god-make-it-stop.jpg

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
One could also say "if he were going to the Nets it would've happened by now" also.

The Nets offered the most lopsided deal ever in the history of the NBA (or close to it) and the trade still hasn't happened. If it were truly up to the Nuggets the deal would've been done in a heartbeat months ago when NJ was talking about the three-team garbage but it hasn't been done because Carmelo wants no part of NJ.

It's not exactly a perfect, accurate interpretation but you can spin news any way you want to.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I have no doubt that he will be a NY Knick by the 24th. What I'm concerned with is that we won't have anything left besides Anthony and Stat by the 24th.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
One could also say "if he were going to the Nets it would've happened by now" also.

The Nets offered the most lopsided deal ever in the history of the NBA (or close to it) and the trade still hasn't happened. If it were truly up to the Nuggets the deal would've been done in a heartbeat months ago when NJ was talking about the three-team garbage but it hasn't been done because Carmelo wants no part of NJ.

It's not exactly a perfect, accurate interpretation but you can spin news any way you want to.

If Melo wants legendary status .... nah he couldn't ....

could he?

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
@WojYahooNBA: A front office exec with knowledge of 'Melo talks btwn DEN-NY says: "Knicks won't lose this deal over a reserve big man."

Just posted on Hahn's Twitter

STAT1

Starter
Yeah, Melo clearly won't work because Amar'e and him always have to have the ball and neither have shown they can play as part of a team have they.....

Also Amar'e has really struggled in the D'antoni offense thus far so it's worth bringing up how hard it would be for him to adapt with one different player on the court.

Give me a break.

Haha. Steve Kerr is a basketball genius.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I have no doubt that he will be a NY Knick by the 24th. What I'm concerned with is that we won't have anything left besides Anthony and Stat by the 24th.

It's no longer about improving the team, it's about 2 loaded brats getting a win by getting what they want.

mafra

Legend
I'm not sure why DEN wants 4 first round picks. This is one of the weakest draft classes in decades. For example, North Carolina supposedly has 3 first round picks... And they're barely ranked in the top 25!

Favors is 19. Who knows how he will mature. I seriously doubt he's Derrick Coleman though. One can argue that RIGHT NOW Mozgov is the better player. One can argue that Mozgov will be the better player in 5 years.

What else is NJ offering? Harris? OK. Fine. He's good, although he really hasn't grown much since he was traded to NJ. But he could be flipped to another team. PLUS, DEN has a PG in Lawson... So what worth does Harris really have if DEN keeps him.

This is what's crazy. This rookie GM is a scouting geek. LOVES draft picks. OVER VALUES THEM. I venture to get this upcoming draft will have ZERO future all-stars. Who cares if you have 10 first round picks. I bet not one player will be better than Gallinari in 5 years.

So, getting Corey Brewer, Felton, Gallo, Chandler and a first round pick, and dump Balkman's salary. This isn't enough? They want Mozgov too?

LOL! Screw DENVER.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I'm not sure why DEN wants 4 first round picks. This is one of the weakest draft classes in decades. For example, North Carolina supposedly has 3 first round picks... And they're barely ranked in the top 25!

Favors is 19. Who knows how he will mature. I seriously doubt he's Derrick Coleman though. One can argue that RIGHT NOW Mozgov is the better player. One can argue that Mozgov will be the better player in 5 years.

What else is NJ offering? Harris? OK. Fine. He's good, although he really hasn't grown much since he was traded to NJ. But he could be flipped to another team. PLUS, DEN has a PG in Lawson... So what worth does Harris really have if DEN keeps him.

This is what's crazy. This rookie GM is a scouting geek. LOVES draft picks. OVER VALUES THEM. I venture to get this upcoming draft will have ZERO future all-stars. Who cares if you have 10 first round picks. I bet not one player will be better than Gallinari in 5 years.

So, getting Corey Brewer, Felton, Gallo, Chandler and a first round pick, and dump Balkman's salary. This isn't enough? They want Mozgov too?

LOL! Screw DENVER.

Do you think they would accept the deal if we offer stat? lmao