The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

iSaYughh

Starter
i'm hating on dolan and IThomas for making this more difficult then it needs to be. We should be giving them ECurry and Mozgov for melo straight up. we were in prime position to fleece these guys and then dolan and thomas have to come in a **** it all up.

Essentially...

This.

If we didn't have such prime leverage inherent to our situation....we would be giving up more likely, too.

Aka Fields....plus....

The Russian > Dolan. Anyone doubt if The Rooskie is in charge here, instead of clownface and his Men's Warehouse Minion...if we are even discussing Gallo/Moz? Or at the very least, playing this to the bone to the last hour?

Internal strife, weakness, no solidarity, panic, desperation...Somehow...Clownface and Men's Warehouae Minion brought their stench back to MSG in a hurry.

Toons

is the Bo$$
trade randolph for mayo? why would they trade mayo? rudy gay is gonna shut it down for the rest of the season.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I know its a shame that we're losing mosgov but we were going to sign Barron anyways and we can probably sign a legit center in the summer.

I have been watching ESPN and Chris Broussard said that the Nuggets want Mosgov but the Knicks havent included him and are staying with their final offer which does not include Mosgov.

Who knows for sure, but thats what I have heard just minutes ago.

Toons

is the Bo$$
oh gosh, you guys, if the deal gets done, we are a better team. I know miami fans didnt like letting go of jermaine oneal or michael beasley, but you have to give somehting to get something. With time to gel, Amarlo Anthomire will be a one two punch with the cap space to sign a nice big (gasol/deandre jordan ) and a back up pg.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I have been watching ESPN and Chris Broussard said that the Nuggets want Mosgov but the Knicks havent included him and are staying with their final offer which does not include Mosgov.

Who knows for sure, but thats what I have heard just minutes ago.

the final offer does include Moz....read a few messages up

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
why hate on melo because he wants the same max salary everyone he got drafted with has. Melo is worth a max salary. He deserves it. Waiting was never an option, Melo wanted a deal done by deadline. Look, chandler and gallo both play sf, with an exception to chandler that plays multiple positions. I think we aer a better team with stat and melo.

If you all had a choice of stat and melo, or stat and felton to build around, what would you do?

Without question Melo. We all have to remember that Melo is only 26 and is arguably a Top 5 player in the NBA. Guys like him arent available often and while we know he wants to be a Knick you gotta understand it doesnt guarentee he will be a Knick.

Personally I want Melo here and have no problem with the trade as it is right now. I dont wanna add Moz, but if thats what it takes then so be it.

iSaYughh

Starter
We got played. Played by Denver. Played by the Nets. And Played by Melo.

We need to tell them to f*ck off. Drop the deal before it's too late. It's not the end of the world if we don't get Melo. We weren't going to win a championship with Melo anyways. At least we still have our dignity and integrity. Let that greedy piece of sh*t rot in NJ if he wants. Seriously. We are a 6th seed 1st round exit now, and we would still be a 6th seed 1st round exit with Melo. Time to move on.

Trade Randolph for OJ Mayo. Buyout Curry and Buike. Sign Earl Barron, maybe TJ Ford too. We go to battle with that. Go after Melo in the summer if he's available. If not, go after Deron Williams and Nene. We can still build a contender without Melo.

I actually agree. Though I don't blame Melo.

It's just that we should have taken it on ourselves to be the mensch in this situation.

Melo doesn't "deserve" shit, really. Coming to MSG, joining a contender, and being worth 150M and god knows what else in future endorsements...That is what we could have offered him, and if he doesn't think he deserves that....well, shit outta luck son, have fun in a NJ basement and look at your bank account after ever lame season loss and get a therapist to make you feel better about it.

I personally don't think he'd do this. He would come here, regardless of not getting his "dream" desire. Because we still offer the dream, even if it's not sating his every whim.

This is us bending over. Weakness, crumpled solidity, desperation, internal conflict...this infiltrated our negotiations and front office. Surprise surprise.

It's not that is trade isn't better for our franchise (I think it is), or that Melo won't be tremendous (I think he will be).

But the loss of respect, trust, and dignity it represents. And the loss of a much shrewder, superior plan. Which still included Melo.

Finally, this bodes horribly for us ever actually winning a chip. Especially if Walsh now invariably goes. This isn't going to make us mint. And the way we went about this, in the end, shouldn't inspire confidence in anyone that we make the necessary future moves to actually be a legit contender in this day's NBA.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Well we will all be on pins and needles until Thursday. In the end I feel like we will get this deal done and I don't care who we have to give up to do it. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.. We have already seen how good this team can be as currently composed... Barely .500.... I don't know about you guys but that is not nearly good enough esp. after watching the Knicks suck for the last decade. Get it done Donnie!!!

knick32

Rookie
Taking my hat off to myself

My take on this is that I take my hat off to myself for dealing with all this stuff that's going on and still be able to go out there and write at the high level that I can write at. I really don't think an average person can walk in my shoes. I don't think that.

Say No To Carmelo
saynotocarmelo.blogspot.com

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

We need to tell them to f*ck off. Drop the deal before it's too late. It's not the end of the world if we don't get Melo. We weren't going to win a championship with Melo anyways. At least we still have our dignity and integrity. Let that greedy piece of sh*t rot in NJ if he wants. Seriously. We are a 6th seed 1st round exit now, and we would still be a 6th seed 1st round exit with Melo. Time to move on.

Trade Randolph for OJ Mayo. Buyout Curry and Buike. Sign Earl Barron, maybe TJ Ford too. We go to battle with that. Go after Melo in the summer if he's available. If not, go after Deron Williams and Nene. We can still build a contender without Melo.

482.jpg

Come on man...why the emotional hate? Melo can't control what Denver demands and he can not go out and publicly state he will only sign with the Knicks. He has to keep wiggle room in order to have a fall back plan if his first choice(Knicks, you know your favorite team) falls through. That is not being greedy, its being a smart biz man. DOn't you think if he knew he could have the Knicks rape Denver AND get to play with the Knicks he wouldn't want that? Of course he wants the Knicks to retain as much talent as possible since he is joining that squad.

Chandler is a wash as he is already looking for a 5 year 60mil deal. We cant afford it and I don't think he deserves 11mil a year. Melo is an upgrade to Gallo by a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge margin. Felton for Billups sucks long term but in the short term is practically a wash. If anything, Billiups championship experience and leadership will help this young group to excel. AR is not a rotation player so meh. This leaves Moz, I am a fan but are we really going to kill a deal over Timofey Mozgov!? Lets remeber that we get some decent role players in return including Balkman who can play defense.

This is the only way to put together two legit superstars. We can def compete and go deep if Melo and Billiups can learn the system quickly. Melo, STAT and Billiups can get us at least to the 2nd round.

Remember that we are gaining cap flexibility moving forward with Billiups coming off, Melo on a 3 year deal and trading a bunch of role players with medium length deals. We can def add to this core next year and 2012 when CP3, Howard and D WIll are available.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm excited for Carmelo, I don't mind him wanting his full extension, and I don't mind him wanting to be a Knick ASAP as opposed to having to lug it out in Denver.

But I'm pissed that Dolan allowed the negotiations to drag to this point. We were in the perfect position to force Denver to trade him here for nothing but a bag of chips and instead we offer them some good things? We could've given them Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry and dragged them out until the deadline when the Nuggets would have no choice but to trade him here, but no, we decided to throw in Gallinari and Mozgov and Randolph and all this crap.

Walsh's plan was probably to stick with a Chandler + Curry + Randolph deal and HOLD TO IT until the 11th hour on Feb. 24 but...no, apparently not.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You know what it is? It's KARMA.

It's what we get for hustling Golden State in the David Lee trade. He was a free agent and GS could've sign + traded him and given us a mere draft pick because we were going to lose Lee anyway but no they gave us AR and Azubuike and Turiaf so this is probably what we get for it.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This is the only way to put together two legit superstars. We can def compete and go deep if Melo and Billiups can learn the system quickly. Melo, STAT and Billiups can get us at least to the 2nd round.

Trading is the only way, true. But for Dolan to run in and go over the head of the one man who re-introduced credibility to this franchise (as he apparently did with The Gov addition) is plain injustice.

And then there's the one thing that all humans fear: The Unknown. In this case, The CBA. There's talk of eliminating the MLE, which could cost us dearly in future negotiations, S&Ts etc.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

Yep. The all new triangle offence. It's laughable that Prokhorov seems to think he's done well here. Sure he hit us - his division rival - hard, but he also paraded the fact that nobody wants to play for his crappola team.

This has turned from great possibility, to disappointing reality. We should never have had to lose so much, and with only 28 games left. Shame.

Melo is worth a max salary. He deserves it.

The only person making more money than Melo after the imminent trade and extension will be Kobe Bryant. Until proven otherwise, here, in NY, there's a long list of players that deserve to be between The Mamba and Melo on that exclusive list.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Remember over the summer we were all excited about AR and the potential he could bring to the table? Well since he is now NOT included in the latest trade scenario this could be an opportunity for him to get out of the D'antoni dog house and improve his status.

Regardless of who we give up we WILL UNDOUBTEDLY be a BETTER team when this trade goes thru. Here's to the 2nd round of playoffs in 2011!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nah, AR's in every trade scenario. He's not mentioned because he's required to be traded to get us that first-round pick that we'd give to the Nuggets.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
482.jpg

Come on man...why the emotional hate? Melo can't control what Denver demands and he can not go out and publicly state he will only sign with the Knicks. He has to keep wiggle room in order to have a fall back plan if his first choice(Knicks, you know your favorite team) falls through. That is not being greedy, its being a smart biz man. DOn't you think if he knew he could have the Knicks rape Denver AND get to play with the Knicks he wouldn't want that? Of course he wants the Knicks to retain as much talent as possible since he is joining that squad.

Chandler is a wash as he is already looking for a 5 year 60mil deal. We cant afford it and I don't think he deserves 11mil a year. Melo is an upgrade to Gallo by a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge margin. Felton for Billups sucks long term but in the short term is practically a wash. If anything, Billiups championship experience and leadership will help this young group to excel. AR is not a rotation player so meh. This leaves Moz, I am a fan but are we really going to kill a deal over Timofey Mozgov!? Lets remeber that we get some decent role players in return including Balkman who can play defense.

Remember that we are gaining cap flexibility moving forward with Billiups coming off, Melo on a 3 year deal and trading a bunch of role players with medium length deals. We can def add to this core next year and 2012 when CP3, Howard and D WIll are available.

Melo can say he will wait until free agency to make his decision. He's said he doesn't want to go to a team that has to gut their roster to get him...PROVE IT! He's said he would be willing to take a pay cut to win a championship...PROVE IT!

This is Melo demanding he get his money. Plain and simple. He doesn't care about the Knicks. He doesn't care about winning a championship. He wants the big market to make more money and he wants his wife to live in NY for her career, so she they can make more money.

And no, we won't have enough space to sign CP3 or DWill. Amare makes $20 mil. Melo will make $21 mil. Remember, Bosh and Lebron took $14.5 mil and Wade took $14 mil. Do the math. Something's go to give. The cap holds alone preclude us from offering a max contract. If the cap stayed the same, we would have approx $8-10 mil in cap space. All indications are that the cap will shrink with the new CBA. We will be stuck with Melo, Amare and a bunch of minimum salary scrubs. I'm sorry, that is an awful team. We can build a a better team without Melo.

Denver is getting Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mozgov, Brewer and a 1st round pick for Melo, Billups and two scrubs. Even though Melo and Billups are essentially free agents in just 28 games. Wow!!! Denver's GM deserves Executive of the Year for this!!! I don't know how, but when they were supposed to be the desperate team and we we're supposed to be the team with all the leverage and power, we end up looking desperate and getting fleeced. Unbelievable.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I agree with LJ4ptplay

I think part of it might have to do with Carmelo not wanting to be THAT guy in Denver. He did mention at some point that he wasn't going to leave Denver hanging the way LeBron kinda hung Cleveland out to dry, so maybe this is his way of making sure the Nuggets at least get a little something out of trading him.

Frankly at this point I might become a Nuggets fan because of all of the former Knicks they might get

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Fear

Here's something else to remember. Isiah is taking names of people in the organization who protested him returning. Don't underestimate him
about 14 hours ago via web

If Knicks statement that 3 D's - Dolan, Donnie & D'Antoni - are on same page there wouldn't be a Carmelo deal since Don & Mike don't want it
about 14 hours ago via web

And through it all, Donnie Walsh continues to do his work, conduct himself with class, act like a gentlemen and bring class to the Knicks
about 24 hours ago via web

Again, Isiah doesn't need a title to be involved. He's Dolan's friend, adviser & he's running the Knicks while soaking up the sun in Miami
1:19 AM Feb 21st via web

James Dolan believes that if Isiah were involved from the start LeBron would be a Knick. Feels he got Amar'e & that he is delivering Carmelo
1:13 AM Feb 21st via web

facepalm2.gif

Slimy little cunt