Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 213145464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Melo can say he will wait until free agency to make his decision. He's said he doesn't want to go to a team that has to gut their roster to get him...PROVE IT! He's said he would be willing to take a pay cut to win a championship...PROVE IT!

This is Melo demanding he get his money. Plain and simple. He doesn't care about the Knicks. He doesn't care about winning a championship. He wants the big market to make more money and he wants his wife to live in NY for her career, so she they can make more money.

And no, we won't have enough space to sign CP3 or DWill. Amare makes $20 mil. Melo will make $21 mil. Remember, Bosh and Lebron took $14.5 mil and Wade took $14 mil. Do the math. Something's go to give. The cap holds alone preclude us from offering a max contract. If the cap stayed the same, we would have approx $8-10 mil in cap space. All indications are that the cap will shrink with the new CBA. We will be stuck with Melo, Amare and a bunch of minimum salary scrubs. I'm sorry, that is an awful team. We can build a a better team without Melo.

Denver is getting Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mozgov, Brewer and a 1st round pick for Melo, Billups and two scrubs. Even though Melo and Billups are essentially free agents in just 28 games. Wow!!! Denver's GM deserves Executive of the Year for this!!! I don't know how, but when they were supposed to be the desperate team and we we're supposed to be the team with all the leverage and power, we end up looking desperate and getting fleeced. Unbelievable.
    You put out a lot of good information... My only problem with what you are saying is what I highlighted in Bold. David Stern COVETS these super teams. There is NO WAY he is going to cut the cap... If anything I think he's going to raise the cap a bit so teams can have enough money to pay their 3 stars and also have enough to go out and get good role players.

The cap is going up with the new CBA, not down.

Veteran

If Denver will trade gallo to the Nets for first rounder why dont we just buy someone's first rounder for 3 million and keep Gallo.

This is Russian dude may be Dolan's Gay Lover

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

word i agree, as pissed as i am at em Prokarov is ballsy. Dudes an ******* hahha

It might soften the blow for whichever of our former players that get traded to the Nets.. They won't have to pack their bags and totally relocate as far as living..

am I the only one who wouldn't give up two lottery picks for Gallo/Mosgov, Chandler/Mosgov, or Felton/Mosgov? I don't see why this would be such a tremendous move for the Nets. I think the team that would be cleaning up would be Denver.

Originally Posted by StatVP
    I doubt the Nets would be interested in helping the Knicks land Melo in any way. They are doing this to make themselves out like they pulled a fast one on the Knicks by stealing their players since they probably feel the Knicks stole Melo away from them, even though he was never theirs to begin with. I'm sure the Nuggets have no problem helping the Nets needle the Knicks either considering they just lost their franchise guy to us. Plus the Nuggets want the Nets picks, that's all they've been after from the very beginning.

The Nets are going to try & make the Knicks give up as much as possible first & then get the players the Knicks had to give up & stand in the corner & snicker like they just pulled off the ruse of the century, but in the end who will end up with the best player? 'Nuff said.
    I agree this is most likely the Nets position. But, maturity and a business sense should take precedence over one upmanship with these teams. They're all going to have to deal with one another for years to come. These guys (Denver in particular) are burning bridges unnecessarily. I know if I'm either the Knicks or the Nets if Denver called me asking for anything after this I'm hanging up the phone....

Originally Posted by Stat4mvp
    "Sources say NJ in talks w/Den to send 2 1st round picks to Den for Mozgov & either Gallinari, Chandler or Felton, if Melo traded to NYK"

Broussard's Twitter

Not a 3 team deal, but two separate trades. NJ is really pissing me off, they know we don't want to part with Mozgov but they're are forcing us to do it by offering denver 2 1st roudner for moz and one of the other palyers we send them for melo. Smart move by Prok, but its really pissing me off. No way in hell denver backs down from wanting mozgov if they know he is equal to getting a 1st rounder.
    Jesus Christ!!!

Seriously guys. Denver and NJ are making us look like complete desperate fools. And we were supposed to be the team with all the leverage and power!! SMH.

Why don't they just ask for our dignity and self-respect while their at it? Oh right. They already have and it's already gone.

Sad. I wore my Knicks gear with pride just a few weeks ago. Back to the closet and in the shadow of shame. SMH.

People are getting way too uptight about this whole thing. Remember, if the Knicks get Carmelo and Billups for Chandler/Gallo/Felton/Mosgov and a pick, regardless of what Denver does with those players, the KNICKS will be the team getting the BEST PLAYER (by far) in the entire deal. That's the bottom line here. If the Knicks land Melo, NJ will seem even more irrelevant then they already are.

Originally Posted by keyser soze
    am I the only one who wouldn't give up two lottery picks for Gallo/Mosgov, Chandler/Mosgov, or Felton/Mosgov? I don't see why this would be such a tremendous move for the Nets. I think the team that would be cleaning up would be Denver.
    I think the Nets will try to flip Harris for Felton. They've been down on Harris for a couple years now. Then they go out and hire a coach that he doesnt get along with...

Veteran

Nobody wants to do deals with Denver anymore, I'd think.

The entire league is pissed at them cause tons of trades are probably in the making but because of Denver dragging its ass out on this stuff nothing's happened

Jesus Christ!!!

Seriously guys. Denver and NJ are making us look like complete desperate fools. And we were supposed to be the team with all the leverage and power!! SMH.

Why don't they just ask for our dignity and self-respect while their at it? Oh right. They already have and it's already gone.

Sad. I wore my Knicks gear with pride just a few weeks ago. Back to the closet and in the shadow of shame. SMH.

LOL...

Can we trade Dolan and Mozgov for Prokhorov and a 1st rounder?

Dude is savvy.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    He is not a FA in 28 days, stop saying that. He has the option to opt out if he chooses to gamble on the CBA. That is a big if and one apparently he is unwilling to take.

Again. Chandler is a wash as he is already looking for a 5 year 60mil deal. We cant afford it and I don't think he deserves 11mil a year. Melo is an upgrade to Gallo by a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge margin. Felton for Billups sucks long term but in the short term is practically a wash. If anything, Billiups championship experience and leadership will help this young group to excel. AR is not a rotation player so meh. This leaves Moz, I am a fan but are we really going to kill a deal over Timofey Mozgov!? Lets remeber that we get some decent role players in return including Balkman who can play defense.

Billiups will be a good PG for us in the short term and can be traded next year if he is not bought out. He makes 11mil next year and is an expiring so we have flexibility moving forward.
    You are spot on!!! I don't see why people can't understand your points. Some fans here are so worried about this season that they would forgo our future just to possibly make it out of the first round this season. Give me a break.

As you said Chandler is gone after the season because we can't afford him. Felton for Billups is basically a wash...So it's basically Gallo, Mos and a first for Melo. Any organization would be STUPID not to take this deal.

We're still rebuilding, don't forget that just because we won a few more games this season. This is Walsh's plan going according to schedule whether the media outlets believe it or not. If you think Denver would of gave up Anthony for two peas and a can of beans you're crazy. They would be better off keeping him and hoping that there's a franchise tag in the new CBA if the deal isn't sweet enough... IMO NJ helped us up our offer to get him. Otherwise there would of been a good chance Denver would of just took a chance at keeping him or trying to trade him to another team directly at the end of the season before he can opt out.

Veteran

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    He is not a FA in 28 days, stop saying that. He has the option to opt out if he chooses to gamble on the CBA. That is a big if and one apparently he is unwilling to take.

Again. Chandler is a wash as he is already looking for a 5 year 60mil deal. We cant afford it and I don't think he deserves 11mil a year. Melo is an upgrade to Gallo by a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge margin. Felton for Billups sucks long term but in the short term is practically a wash. If anything, Billiups championship experience and leadership will help this young group to excel. AR is not a rotation player so meh. This leaves Moz, I am a fan but are we really going to kill a deal over Timofey Mozgov!? Lets remeber that we get some decent role players in return including Balkman who can play defense.

Billiups will be a good PG for us in the short term and can be traded next year if he is not bought out. He makes 11mil next year and is an expiring so we have flexibility moving forward.

You could Trade Mozgov to Orlando who needs a bigman for a first rounder or you could now trade him to the nets for a first rounder...

Nobody is saying Mozgov will be a star but he is an asset they we are just junk piling on to whatever Denver asks us....

I SMELL ISIAH

Jesus Christ!!!

And while we're in the playoffs, and those former Knicks - now Nets are sitting at home watching the playoffs with their new team that's apparently overflowing with dignity and self-respect, you ask yourself...."am I really a Knicks fan or am I a pessimist?"

You're gonna put your jersey away cause NJ might spend a couple of first round picks on Mozgov and Gallo? Ok...well...we can just go grab Baron and give Jerome Jordan a call and see what's up with him in the offseason. All the while preserving our flexibility for 2012...oh and we'd have Carmelo Kiyan Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire on the same team....kinda forgot that detail....