Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112263656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Dolan might've actually came thru for us.. who woulda thought..

incaracaratebob said denver wanted felton, galo, chandler, curry, and a 1st but walsh didnt bite..hmmmmmmm..

if thats true then what the hell does he want to give up? jesus christ do you wanna do an even swap between bill walker and carmelo?

isnt felton leaving in 2012 anyway? is it galo?

idk maybe walsh wants to keep his cool til the very end and walk away with a steal

we're talking to the Kings about Dalembert if we cant get carmelo...what the hell would we do with a C/PF?

Hayato, it makes me scratch my head too how the Knicks could pass up on a deal like that if it was true what was reported. What exactly do the Knicks expect to give up in a trade for Carmelo? We're going to lose Wilson and Anthony Randolph anyway if we wait to sign him this summer, isn't Gallinari worth the price for the guarantee of getting Carmelo in a Knicks uniform and have him a few months early for another year's playoff run? I don't see how Danilo will ever realize his full potential playing with STAT and Carmelo anyway, there won't be enough scoring opportunities for him. His value will never be higher than it is now if we make this deal.

Veteran

Last report I read was
    Fields, Gallo, Mozgov, Felton, Chandler and a 1st rounder.

As much as we want Melo would anyone do that this trade for Melo and Billups ?

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Last report I read was

honestly no..youre giving up EVERYBODY. starting PG, starting SG, starting SF (even though Melo will be the new SF), starting C, and best 6th man..drag it out longer

Veteran

Originally Posted by Hayato
    honestly no..youre giving up EVERYBODY. starting PG, starting SG, starting SF (even though Melo will be the new SF), starting C, and best 6th man..drag it out longer
    I agree but people have to realize if we dont get Melo its because this this deal is not good for us.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Last report I read was

Wasn't that report written by Marc Berman in the NY Post? Not the most reliable of sources. ESPN reported the deal as being Gallo, Felton, another starter, Curry and a 1st round pick. Assuming that 1st round pick means Anthony Randolph is going to Minnesota, it seems to leave us with a choice between including either Landry, Wilson or Timo as the other starter in the deal.

If that report was accurate how do the Knicks pass up on the chance to get Carmelo Anthony and still hold onto Landry and Timo? Maybe Berman's report was right, who knows. That would explain why the Knicks are hedging at least.

Originally Posted by StatVP
    Wasn't that report written by Marc Berman in the NY Post? Not the most reliable of sources. ESPN reported the deal as being Gallo, Felton, another starter, Curry and a 1st round pick. Assuming that 1st round pick means Anthony Randolph is going to Minnesota, it seems to leave us with a choice between including either Landry, Wilson or Timo as the other starter in the deal.

If that report was accurate how do the Knicks pass up on the chance to get Carmelo Anthony and still hold onto Landry and Timo? Maybe Berman's report was right, who knows. That would explain why the Knicks are hedging at least.
    As long as we dont trade Fields i'll be happy with any trade.

I agree, any trade where we can keep Landry Fields to get Melo is a no brainer. I think people are sleeping on the impact Chauncey Billups could have as well. He is still playing at a very high level, I have no doubts his stats would get a bump playing in this speedball system too, and his assist numbers would definitely go up playing with STAT and Melo.

I bet we turned it down because Gallo is in the trade.. That report about Gallo holding up the trade is probably legit

Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    Dolan Met With Carmelo On Thursday; Knicks, Nuggets To Hold Conference Call On Friday

Feb 18, 2011 16:40 PM EST

The Knicks and Nuggets are set for a high-level conference call concerning a potential trade for Carmelo Anthony.

In a surprise move, James Dolan already held a meeting with Anthony late Thursday in Los Angeles, beating Mikhail Prokhorov to the punch.

In the afternoon on Friday, Knicks front office members will get on the phone with Nuggets officials. Expected to be on the call are Dolan, Donnie Walsh, San Kroenke and Masai Uriji.

The Nuggets want three starters, including Raymond Felton, plus a number-one pick. Danilo Gallinari may be the hold-up to getting a deal done.

Anthony said he is unaware of a meeting with New Jersey and in all likelihood he is hoping that a deal can be agreed to between the Knicks and

Nuggets before any meeting with the Nets is scheduled.

Via [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

wow

If Dolan spoke to Melo already I'm pretty sure he broke down all the options to him. Letting him know that we want him and this is where he belongs. Now I hope he explained to him the situation from our standpoint that gutting our team won't be beneficial to him in the future and that we are trying to get a reasonable deal done. The Nuggets think that they can get what they want, well guess what it's not going to happen. But emphasize that Melo has become our priority.

Default Melo To NETS deal in place, awaiting Melo's signature

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] owner James Dolan met on Thursday night in Los Angeles, the New York Daily News reported on Friday afternoon.
    The newspaper also reported that the executives of the Knicks and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] were set to hold a conference call on Friday afternoon to discuss a deal involving Anthony, who has been the subject of trade rumors to the Knicks and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for the past several months.
    <!-- begin inline 1 -->

Anthony
    <!-- end inline 1 -->The meeting in Los Angeles is the first known face-to-face contact between Anthony and the Knicks. It's an open secret around the league that the Knicks are Anthony's preferred destination.
    Earlier Friday, the Bergen (N.J.) Record reported the Nuggets and Nets had agreed on players in a trade for Anthony, but needed to get Anthony to agree to sign a three-year, $65 million extension to seal the deal.
    The Record, citing sources, reported that the Nets would get Anthony, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from the Nuggets.
    In turn, the Nets would send [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and four first-round picks to Denver.
    But sources told ESPN.com on Thursday night not all of those picks would wind up in Denver's hands. At least one of the first-rounders is earmarked to be packaged with Murphy to a third team -- either in this trade or in a separate deal -- because the Nuggets have maintained for months that they're unwilling to absorb Murphy's $12 million expiring contract for luxury-tax reasons.
    Thursday night, ESPN.com reported that sources close to the situation said the Nuggets were operating under the assumption that Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov and Anthony would meet face-to-face at All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles.
    A Nets spokeswoman told The Associated Press that Prokhorov had not changed his mind about trading for Anthony. Last month, he announced that his team was done chasing a deal for the Nuggets' All-Star.
    <!-- begin inline 2 -->
    Photos: Carmelo Anthony's career

<center></center> Stay in Denver? Go to N.Y. or L.A.? As MeloDrama plays out, enjoy photos of
    a star's career: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

<!-- end inline 2 -->Anthony, speaking Friday at a NBA Cares Day of Service event in Los Angeles, said "no meeting at all" is scheduled with the Nets. Calling it "news to me," Anthony said: "If I was to meet with that guy [Prokhorov] to be honest I really don't know what I would say."
    Anthony added: "I know this is the All-Star week but it's also a big week for me as far as having some knowledge about my situation."
    He said he would like to have "something up in stone before I leave here this weekend" and he might "not get any more sleep for the next four or five days."
    Asked whether he wants to meet directly with his suitors before making a deal, Anthony said: "I think, with anything in business, you want to sit and look in a person's eyes. Whether it's Prokhorov or it's Dolan, whether it's [[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] owner Jerry] Buss, the third team that just came out last week. Whoever it is, you want to sit and have eye contact with them and get a feel for 'em."
    This is the third time since September the Nuggets and Nets have reached an advanced stage in negotiations for an Anthony trade.
    A source told ESPN's Ric Bucher on Friday that Anthony would sign the extension with New Jersey if the Knicks can't make a deal.
    Sources told ESPN.com Thursday night that Prokhorov, despite the team statement, has been negotiating directly with Nuggets ownership this week while awaiting confirmation of a meeting in which the Nets finally might be able to lobby Anthony to abandon his long-standing determination to be a Knick.
    The trading deadline is 3 p.m. ET Thursday.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

Default Melo Again

If Denver asked for three starters, including Felton, and that Gallo's the hold-up, that means that two of the starters are Gallo and Felton. Who is the third? I will bet it is not Chandler. Technically he is not currently a starter. This would mean it is either Fields or Mozgov.

My guess is that the hold up is not Gallo but Denver's refusal to take Chandler instead of Gallo.

But, again, who is the 3rd player? We cannot keep Chandler if we sign Carmelo to the extend and trade he appears to want. So as a practical matter, Denver is effectively asking for us to give up Felton, Gallo, Fields or Mozgov, and Chandler, as well as a first that can be acquired with AR. That is a substantial amount to give up.

Denver has got to take Chandler and only one of Fields, Gallo and Mozgov at the very most.