The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
OK sorry, forgot the game was tonight, fact remains, and no one has answered, is there new info? Did we get it done on the conference call ?

I haven't heard anything new, but if the reports are true about the Knicks not wanting to pull the trigger because of Galo, and he ends up with the Nets i'm going to scream.

moneyg

Starter
I'm totally against this trade.
If Melo really wants to succeed in NY, he can wait till the summer and sign as FA and be part of a team that can contend for the title.
If we get him via trade, he and Amar'e would be the only pieces in the puzzle, and we cannot complete it with only 2 pieces.
I say wait or just leave it, we're not gonna give everything for him and destroy what took years to build...a team!

you got to give to receive...and melo is worth it...

the good thing is that defensive players are cheaper than offensive players.. so we can get good defensive player on the cheap to surround around melo and stat... but i guess our coach has to go then.. he wont know how to coach a team like that

KBlack25

Starter
If Melo has watched Brook Lopez play this season, he knows he doesn't want it to be just him and Lopez. It looks like Lopez does not like Coach and does not care about rebounding.

la2ny

Starter
Anyone watching the celeb game?? I would dominate out there with these cats! I'd enjoy just punching the ball back in Justin Biebers face!

KBlack25

Starter
If the report is true then the Knicks have finally made a realistic and fair offer in my opinion. If Denver declines then you really can't blame the Knicks. This is fair enough.

It's really the best offer they could put forward without absolutely destroying the team. If they put this forward and it is declined...well, can't point the finger at Walsh, honestly.

STAT1

Starter
Yahoo just reported the Knicks have offered

Chandler
Galo
Felton
Curry
And a 1st

For Melo and Billups plus filler players.

I have a feeling Fields is going to be involved in the deal when all is said and done but if that deal goes through I think it's a great move for the Knicks.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I have a feeling Fields is going to be involved in the deal when all is said and done but if that deal goes through I think it's a great move for the Knicks.

I think it's important that the Knicks somehow contact Melo's camp if this report is indeed true and let them know what their current offer to Denver was. The reason for this is that Denver might deny that the Knicks made such an offer just so they can try to convince him to sign extension with Nets for the better deal.

STAT1

Starter
If we can get back Afflalo as part of those filler players then I would have no problem including Fields in the deal.

Fields won't be included. Denver was asked to pick Gallo or Fields and they picked Gallo.

Via @SpearsNBAYahoo

And for the fillers think guys like Arron Carter and Sheldon Williams.

STAT1

Starter
I think it's important that the Knicks somehow contact Melo's camp if this report is indeed true and let them know what their current offer to Denver was. The reason for this is that Denver might deny that the Knicks made such an offer just so they can try to convince him to sign extension with Nets for the better deal.

Interesting thought. I think it's conceivable that a lot of these supposed rumors are being leaked by Denver to give Melo the idea that the Knicks are not dealing in good faith so that he becomes more open to agreeing to sign the extension with New Jersey, who the Nuggets would much rather deal with to begin with.

The good news is that the Knicks and Nuggets will be meeting tomorrow with Melo's camp according to the ESPN ticker report, so they'll have a chance to make their position crystal clear and eliminate any chance of misunderstandings and misinformation being fed to Melo's people in all this.

STAT1

Starter
Fields won't be included. Denver was asked to pick Gallo or Fields and they picked Gallo.

Via @SpearsNBAYahoo

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the update. I'd rather hold onto Fields over Gallinari anyway, he's only going to make 900K next season and for the production he gives us that's an absolute bargain.

moneyg

Starter

Via @SpearsNBAYahoo

o'antoni is probably havin a tempertantrum right now....lmao

if he shows any negetivity towards this trade... as much as im not a fan of dolan.. dolan needs to smack the doo doo out of him and send him to FIBA..